PDA

View Full Version : Abyss Neptune 138 cm question

pbgbottle
12-18-2011, 01:09 PM
Abyss Neptune 138 cm any info on this board would it work O.K. for a beginner
i was thinking of getting this for my son 14 year old who has not wakeboarded yet

also what is the smallest size wakeboard that they make for a small kid 8/9 year old i have 2 young girls also.

i can get the abyss for $50 bucks .

i thought this was a decent price. anybody

pbgbottle
01-07-2012, 02:08 AM
i picked it up it ,it is from 1999 ,he only used about 6 times .there is not a scratch on it .what is it made out of .it seems to have a very thin skin on it .i would hate to drop it on the beach .
my other board has a fairly tough bottom on it .this abyss seems very fragile . here are some specs i no nothing about wakeboarding i was/am a water skiier

1999 Neptune
Designed for the advanced to pro rider. Two 10-inch hydro vector channels offer powerful control, while the clean center offers quick speed.

does this info mean anything to anybody ??

JRW160
01-07-2012, 02:45 AM
1999 is ages ago in wakeboarding years. It would be like buying a ski from the 70s or 80s. It should be ok for learning how to get up and the basics, but he will progress a lot faster on a more modern board. There have been substantial advances in wakeboard technology since 1999. Modern bindings are also much more comfortable and easier to get in and out of than the old ones.

Liquid force makes a 111cm board. I think that is the smallest one made.

pbgbottle
01-07-2012, 08:30 AM
thanks for the info
i know i was amazed to find out it was from 99 the board still looks brand new
i guess i will also try and pic up a new board to compare the two

cheers Jake

h2oskiluvr
01-07-2012, 07:40 PM
I have that same board! I only used it a few times though. I know nothing about wakeboarding though so I can't really comment on it. I am a diehard slalom guy but every so often I like to change things up.

I will have to dig it out and give it a shot again this summer. Man, I can't wait for summer!

pbgbottle
01-07-2012, 07:42 PM
i got these boots (unite wakesupply ) from another guy for free are they any better than what is on the board they do need a good cleaning and some rubber trim glued back on .
I wasn't sure which ones to use.

JRW160
01-07-2012, 07:53 PM
Yeah, those are better than the ones on the board. They should be a little easier to get in and out of.

pbgbottle
01-07-2012, 07:56 PM
do you know when you bought the board? was it around 1999 just trying to figure out if this board is really that old .
i am a slalom guy also .i have only wakeboarded twice. will be giving it another try this summer . nice avatar i think i will dig up an old pic of me skiing :)

I have that same board! I only used it a few times though. I know nothing about wakeboarding though so I can't really comment on it. I am a diehard slalom guy but every so often I like to change things up.

I will have to dig it out and give it a shot again this summer. Man, I can't wait for summer!

pbgbottle
01-07-2012, 08:04 PM
cool thanks ,i haven't put much thought into the boots that are out there and what the different benefits would be . i guess i should get reading and learn some info on wakeboarding equipment ,i also need to know at what angle you would mount these boots at .or is it just personal preference ?

cheers jake

Yeah, those are better than the ones on the board. They should be a little easier to get in and out of.