PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Pass

-V-
12-15-2011, 05:25 PM
I am getting ready to buy a system for my boat and was wondering the pros and cons of both. I currently have nothing and want to add something. Price and reccommendations are welcome.

JRW160
12-15-2011, 05:37 PM
A few people on wakeworld have been happy with ridesteady speed control. I think it's a little cheaper than perfect pass. I don't have any experience with it, but I would consider it if I didn't already have perfect pass.
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=787820

-V-
12-15-2011, 06:16 PM
A few people on wakeworld have been happy with ridesteady speed control. I think it's a little cheaper than perfect pass. I don't have any experience with it, but I would consider it if I didn't already have perfect pass.
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=787820

I just read the thread and then I went to thier website. Its not bad, but are all speed controllers going to run almost $1K?

BrianM
12-15-2011, 06:37 PM
I just read the thread and then I went to thier website. Its not bad, but are all speed controllers going to run almost $1K?

Yes. Unless you go with the extremely basic PP Cruise.

All of the parts of that Ride Steady system look exactly like the parts in an older PP 6.x system.

russlars
12-15-2011, 08:32 PM
At the time I purchased my Perfect Pass the best deal was found here: http://skiertoskier.com/
I purchased the Stargazer Wakeboard Edition and it has been awesome and we use it equally for skiing, wakeboarding and surfing. It's also a fairly easy install and has good directions. Perfect Pass is also a great company if you need technical support.

Jerseydave
12-15-2011, 09:19 PM
At the time I purchased my Perfect Pass the best deal was found here: http://skiertoskier.com/
I purchased the Stargazer Wakeboard Edition and it has been awesome and we use it equally for skiing, wakeboarding and surfing. It's also a fairly easy install and has good directions. Perfect Pass is also a great company if you need technical support.

I have to agree. I have a few friends with Stargazer (for wakeboarding) and it's rock steady for speed, even in the turns. My PP with the paddlewheel sometimes fluctuates with heavy ballast or when going across boat rollers.

cwarndahl
12-15-2011, 10:29 PM
v keep us updated especially on the install i have wanted to do this but have put it off, for money reasons and time to install.

east tx skier
12-15-2011, 10:55 PM
If the price is relatively close, go with PP I'd only for having a recognizable brand of cruise control come resale time.

bturner2
12-16-2011, 08:14 AM
PP has really good support. Their warranty.... not so good.

I started having the dreaded washed out display problem where moisture gets in the liquid crystal and causes the display to go blank until it drys out. This was 2 years ago on a 07 X2. Was told I needed to buy another display. The new one came with a one year warranty. One year, really. Doesn't give you a feeling they have much faith in their product does it?

I delayed putting the new one in until this year as the problem kept getting worse. Hoping this one will last longer than 3 seasons this time.

JohnnyB
12-16-2011, 08:18 AM
Wow....that system looks like a PP knock off. Wonder if the parts are interchangeable.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk

-V-
12-16-2011, 08:30 AM
would it be worth my time to look for a used version of either? I am all about saving money........

-V-
12-16-2011, 08:48 AM

I just visted the site and all i can say is wow. They have alot of parts offered by them. Thanks for the info, but i am still looking for more input on the two systems.

BrianM
12-16-2011, 10:57 AM
My advise is to spend the money on a new PP system from www.skiertoskier.com You won't regret it. You could try and piece together an older system but by the time you buy the used components along with a few of the new parts to tie it all together you are not going to save much.

Phntmski
12-16-2011, 12:02 PM
My advise is to spend the money on a new PP system from www.skiertoskier.com You won't regret it. You could try and piece together an older system but by the time you buy the used components along with a few of the new parts to tie it all together you are not going to save much.

...and you'll have a new hobby, trying to get your speed control functional.
:confused:

jamisonsbrodie
12-16-2011, 12:13 PM
I tried to piece together a PP system, and it just wasn't going to save me much money. Even if you find a Master Module and display for cheap, by the time you buy all the cables and brackets, you will have spent almost the same. Go with PP and don't second guess it. I second the Skier to Skier recommendation. They are great.

Phntmski
12-16-2011, 12:28 PM
oh yeah, forgot to mention i got my pp and later the stargazer upgrade from skier to skier and have been completely satisfied, good product, good price and good service. i slalom, the stargazer was a process dialing it in but now it's consistant and almost perfect, pass after pass. my only real issue was i need a little longer set up entering the course with stargazer. hoping my engine rebuild will help shorten that a little.

-V-
04-08-2012, 10:09 PM
still have yet to get a system.........