PDA

View Full Version : X1 Center Ballast Install ?

Lakeside09
12-12-2011, 09:00 PM
I was thinking about plumbing my center ballast in on my X1 for some reason it wasn't done like that at the factory. Anyway, I was curious how hard that would be... It already has the precut holes in the locker...

Any info is appreciated! Thanks.

erkoehler
12-12-2011, 09:57 PM
KGB ballast was an option on the x-1 in 2006.

The sac is available from Barefoot international & fly high.

Lakeside09
12-12-2011, 10:30 PM
I actually have a Pro X tube sac (375+) I currently run in there... but I was talking about actually running hoses to it to make it a automatic fill and empty like my rear sacs. How could I go about doing that with adding the pumps and hoses?

sand2snow22
12-12-2011, 10:33 PM
Call these guys, they will give you a couple of options and walk you through it!

http://www.wakemakers.com/

JRW160
12-13-2011, 10:27 AM
You'll need to add a third pump if you don't already have one. I would think there is already a spot on the ballast manifold to get water to a third pump from the factory thru hull. The fill/drain hose should be easy to run once you get the floor up. The vent hoses look a little tricky. My center bag has a vent at each end. One goes to a thru hull on the port side and the other to the starboard. I'm not sure if the holes for those hoses are predrilled or not, but it looks like it would be somewhat of a hassle to get them in there. I think you would need to remove the kickpanel under the dash to get the hose routed on the starboard side. You could probably get away with only one vent, which would save you a little trouble.

swatguy
12-13-2011, 04:55 PM
You may be able to add another pump to the maifold as suggested. You will need a vent hose on the bag and that may be the tricky part. pull up the floor to gain access. All you do is lift the front side by the drain access and wiggle it forward. No need to undo any bolts. It's simple There should be a pre drilled hole right next the the air tube under the passenger copartment. My boat vents out the passenger side. My hose runs from the vent located at the front of the bag bqck thru the locker wall and then curves around up to the bow vent. So you actually end up.going backwards then forwards. If there's no pre drilled hole the driver side will have an opening for sure. If you can't seem to fish the vent hose through I know several people ag hay ran the hose up and out right next to the rear through hulls. It's purely up to you. It doesn't mattrr either way u run it. However if you are using a reversible pump you need a check valve in the vent line. in the event your manifold won't accept another pump a single thru hull with a dedicated pump is easy to add. The hardest part is going to be wiring the switches.

You will notice that your locker will pop up before the bag is full with the fittings attached. If you go with a custom bag you can get more weight and fill up the whole locker and not worry about that from fly high. Just a thought.

I also suggest wakemakers.com. very reliable, knowledgeable, and great people to deal with.

JRW160
01-08-2012, 02:07 AM
I had to remove the 6 bolts holding the center of the rear seat support together to get the floor out of my boat. It was pretty easy and there was a thread on here showing exactly how to do it. I deleted the link after I got the floor up, but it should be pretty easy to find. I don't have a check valve on mine and it still drains all the way.

I had a leak in my center bag and looked into getting a new bag from wakemakers. I am still amazed that no one makes a bag that fills up that locker. I think they wanted $370 for a custom bag. There is a bag that is close, but is about 60lbs less for $150 or so.

Swatguy, what ballast setup are you running?

swatguy
01-08-2012, 08:28 PM
Hmm my floor will just slide out and back in without having to remove that center portion. Same on my buddies 07 x1. Just pull it up by drain access and wiggle it forward.

I run 750's in rear, factory KGB, and 600 or so in pop bags in the bow as far forward as possible.

hobbes
05-21-2012, 05:44 PM
Hi Guys
How does the infloor storage come out on a 99 maristar. I need to examine a crack below it.
Thanks