PDA

View Full Version : Mounting a sub in older SNS

81SNS
12-11-2011, 11:35 PM
I am working on a few projects this winter, one is stereo upgrade, and was wanting to ask where others have put a sub? I think I have worked out where to put 4 speakers but havent found a good place to hide a sub, I thought about putting a bazooka tube up under the bow, but it is filled with foam, and my battery and stuff are under the observer seat, I dont know if you could put one under the drivers seat, or if it would vibrate your butt to much, thanks Hal

east tx skier
12-12-2011, 11:49 AM
Do you have any under bow pictures? Seems like you would have enough room to get a box under there. I tried a bazooka tube in my 98 SN, but didn't like the results. An 8" Polk MM840 in a correctly sized sealed box with the some open air from the bow to the cockpit fills out the low end nicely.

81SNS
12-12-2011, 01:41 PM
I will see if I can get some pictures up under there, there is only about a 3" opening between the under dash and the divider wall area where the drivers feet rest, you might could put one in that wall, but it would be firing into my life vest storage compartment and I am afraid thet would absorb all the sound.

1redTA
12-13-2011, 02:17 PM
on my 81 the area behind the observer's seat is open all the way to the closed off bow area except for where I mounted a deep cycle battery and amp. I am going to build an enclosure to fit in the area infront of the observer seat, against the hull.

81SNS
12-13-2011, 05:49 PM
on my 81 the area behind the observer's seat is open all the way to the closed off bow area except for where I mounted a deep cycle battery and amp. I am going to build an enclosure to fit in the area infront of the observer seat, against the hull.

I thought about putting a sub in there, but that is my only storage area for life vest, my guess is the life vest would absorb most of the sound from the sub. I was either going to put my amp hanging under the dash or under the observer seat next to my battery. Where do you keep your life vest stored?

1redTA
12-13-2011, 08:34 PM
I usually have my kids with me 5 & 11 so they were theres, my wife and I keep them in the panels I put on the inside of the gunnels ( speaker and storage ) and the throwable is usually sat on in the driver seat