PDA

View Full Version : SNS carpeting Question

81SNS
12-07-2011, 01:43 PM
I am getting ready to replace my carpet in my 81 SNS, in my floor the center section, forward of the motor (between observer seat and driver seat) is not removable with the carpet glued down, I didnt know if this was factory or had been replaced this way, presently the carpet has a seam down the center, covered by a 1/2" wide piece of aluminum to cover the seam, thanks

ski_king
12-07-2011, 01:46 PM
That sounds like the way it came from the factory.

My 82 was done almost the same way, except it did not have the trim peice over the seam. A good carpet guy can put it in with a seam that is not visable.

81SNS
12-07-2011, 02:48 PM
does your 82 have the 2 aluminum strips that cover the edges of the floor over the drive shaft?

Cloaked
12-07-2011, 06:36 PM
Most all I have seen have a seperate piece that is carpeted. The 81 is the only model I have not owned long enough to recarpet so don't take that as the gospel. Rgegardless, you can replace it with a new sectional piece of right back over as it is now.

I will say this; when removing the carpet, take it out as best you can to keep it as a template for each section. You'll thank me later for that. It's tough to get a nice fit on some of the curvatures. With the template, it makes it much easier. Don't go tearing it out like a mad man...

03geetee
12-07-2011, 08:07 PM
Most all I have seen have a seperate piece that is carpeted. The 81 is the only model I have not owned long enough to recarpet so don't take that as the gospel. Rgegardless, you can replace it with a new sectional piece of right back over as it is now.

I will say this; when removing the carpet, take it out as best you can to keep it as a template for each section. You'll thank me later for that. It's tough to get a nice fit on some of the curvatures. With the template, it makes it much easier. Don't go tearing it out like a mad man...

Best advice ever when I did mine!

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a300/o3geetee/Boat009.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a300/o3geetee/MasterCraftinterior009.jpg

My 83 had 4 pieces of carpet. Two on each side of the boat from bow to stern that ran along the stringers up the gunnels all the way to the front where the seam met middle of the boat. I then had one piece that covered the front floor section that was removable, and one section just behind the motor on the rear floor board. That is it, any more cuts then that and something is wrong. Take out those 4 pieces the best you can like cloaked said and you are golden!

JTR

JTR

mikeg205
12-07-2011, 10:10 PM
Best advice ever when did mine!

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a300/o3geetee/Boat009.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a300/o3geetee/MasterCraftinterior009.jpg

My 83 had 4 pieces of carpet. Two on each side of the boat from bow to stern that ran along the stringers up the gunnels all the way to the front where the seem met middle of the boat. I then had one piece that covered the front floor section that was removable, and one section just behind the motor on the rear floor board. That is it, any more cuts then that and something is wrong. Take out those 4 pieces the best you can like cloaked said and you are golden!

JTR

JTR

Looks great 03...want to do mine... but promised my driver (wife) I would do the house first....

03geetee
12-07-2011, 10:23 PM
Looks great 03...want to do mine... but promised my driver (wife) I would do the house first....

Mod house first, keep wife happy, then excuse to do boat is easy!

JTR

81SNS
12-07-2011, 10:36 PM
Yours looks great 03, I think I like the look without the aluminum strips covering the seam rear of the motor like yours, and I also like the idea of being able to remove the front cover if I ever wanted to, without pulling up the carpet. I to will let you come install mine, I would offer warmer weather down here in Alabama, but its supposed to be 27 Saturday morning, but I will supply the beer........

03geetee
12-08-2011, 08:20 AM
Yours looks great 03, I think I like the look without the aluminum strips covering the seam rear of the motor like yours, and I also like the idea of being able to remove the front cover if I ever wanted to, without pulling up the carpet. I to will let you come install mine, I would offer warmer weather down here in Alabama, but its supposed to be 27 Saturday morning, but I will supply the beer........

I heard beer Im listening.....

LOL!

JTR