PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Gauges

19_Skier
12-06-2011, 04:18 PM
New mastercraft (and boat) owner here and the boat I purchased has cracked lenses on all the gauges (2001 prostar skier). I talked to the local MC dealer and they suggested looking on ebay/craigslist for replacements - the cost from the dealer was anywhere from $80 - $200 per gauge!

I found gauges for prostars on ebay that look identical to mine: (http://www.ebay.com/itm/MASTERCRAFT-BOAT-GAUGE-SET-6-GAUGES-PRO-STAR-MEDALLION-/220793766826?hash=item33685583aa&item=220793766826&pt=Boat_Parts_Accessories_Gear&vxp=mtr)

I still need to confirm they are compatible but boat is in storage for winter now so that won't happen until spring. Are there other options I should be looking at?

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
12-09-2011, 11:51 AM
Check, great lakes skipper, they have some oem items...

Table Rocker
12-09-2011, 01:21 PM
I know those wouldn't work on my '96 ProStar, but I have no idea when they switched to the plug in/harness style gauges.

There are places that would repair your gauges.

19_Skier
12-13-2011, 10:12 AM
Check, great lakes skipper, they have some oem items...

great, I will check them out.

I know those wouldn't work on my '96 ProStar, but I have no idea when they switched to the plug in/harness style gauges.

There are places that would repair your gauges.

I am not sure when they changed over but they are plug in gauges on my boat. The gauges all work fine it is just the lenses are all cracked - I am pretty sure you can't separate the lense from the gauge but I could be way off.

corey
12-15-2011, 06:50 PM
At a minimum the Speedos will NOT work. Your 01' will run an MDC box to control the gauges. The MDC has two air guide style pickups to measure speed, in 02' these were removed and the boat ran a through hull pickup for speed. I don't believe the Speedos will "talk" to your MDC box. The rest of the gauges MAY work but I've never tried it to see.

Table Rocker
12-15-2011, 07:12 PM
This guy does lens replacement and gives free estimates.
http://www.bobsgauges.com/servlet/StoreFront
Google "gauge repair" and you will find plenty. I have no idea how much lens replacement would cost, but hopefully less than a new gauge.