PDA

View Full Version : Binding treatment

Quinten
12-05-2011, 08:35 AM
I was wondering if you need to protect your bindings in the off season. Mine are stored on room temprature. But I was interested if you need to treat your bindings with a product to store them like silicone spray to keep them soft and flexible, so they don't crack when there stored?

mikeg205
12-05-2011, 09:00 AM
i take mine of my skis and clean them up and keep in the house...

BrooksfamX2
12-05-2011, 10:13 AM
I have never treated any of mine in 30 years of skiing and never had any issues, but it is a good question.

Quinten
12-05-2011, 10:24 AM
I asked this because it are still products of rubber and if rubber dry's out like an elastic it will get brittle and breaks, that was my toughts.

willyt
12-05-2011, 12:13 PM
If they dry out or become stiff it's probably time to update the bindings anyway. The tech in the boots has come along way recently IMO

Quinten
12-05-2011, 02:40 PM
If they dry out or become stiff it's probably time to update the bindings anyway. The tech in the boots has come along way recently IMO

ok agree, but the outer of my ronix cells 2010 are peeling of, and I think that the dry out has something to do with and want let this happen to my 2011 ronix ones.

swatguy
12-05-2011, 08:24 PM
Is the peeling is on the toungue? My 2010 and 11 Ronix Ones all did/do the same thing. Puerly Cosmetic. Also the materials in these new boots need a ton of exposure to dry rot unlike older pure rubber ones. The only thing I find is the smell. Haven't found a remedy for the river/lake water smell just yet :)

MattsCraft
12-06-2011, 07:00 AM
Is the peeling is on the toungue? My 2010 and 11 Ronix Ones all did/do the same thing. Puerly Cosmetic. Also the materials in these new boots need a ton of exposure to dry rot unlike older pure rubber ones. The only thing I find is the smell. Haven't found a remedy for the river/lake water smell just yet :)

Try spraying them Fabreeze, worked well on my sweaty Hockey Gloves:D

Quinten
12-06-2011, 09:58 AM
The tongue is from the lace I know that, but it's the completly outside of the boot. Like liquid force once had.