PDA

View Full Version : How do I remove hard ballast tanks in 08 x2?

obsessed
12-05-2011, 03:30 AM
Ive got the port side out, which seemed to have less space. The starboard side just doesnt come out no matter what angle I tried to get it out at. Can anyone describe how its done?
Do I have to remove something first for it to slide out easier?

mikeg205
12-05-2011, 09:17 AM
Hoopefully it wasn't installed prior to the top of the boat being installed to the hull... interested in your solution.

obsessed
12-05-2011, 02:49 PM
I got it out today. I had to remove the rear seat, and the metal support beams above the engine. A bit of a hassle but I am reupholstering the boat anyway, so the seat had to come out, and will be painting the metal beam.
I dont think I will be re installing the hard tanks Id rather get some fat sacs. I like how much space there is without them and its so much easier to access the engine for servicing.

bturner2
12-05-2011, 05:08 PM
Pictures please......

GoneBoatN
12-06-2011, 12:42 PM
...so much easier to access the engine for servicing...

I guess that is true. It would definitely make it easier to reach under the engine. However they also make a nice bench seat while sitting in there working on the engine although I must admit it is rather cramped. :)

obsessed
12-06-2011, 05:09 PM
With the tanks out I can lie down in each compartment, very useful as im currently changing the raw water pump. Im just missing a pillow down there.

Ill try to get some pics of it out but wont have any of how I got it out.

Remove back seat
Remove 1 screw from port side compartment
Remove 2 screws from stbd side compartment
Remove 2 nuts from the sides by reaching up from where the cup holders are. Use size 11 box spanner.

Remove metal support beams
Use Allen key to hold the screw at the top, and box spanner to hold the nut on the bottom. There are 14 allen keys. It will lift right off after that.

Remove side carpet panels inside the compartments, they block the brackets that hold the hard tanks in.
Slide it front to unhook the back, then slide it back to unhook the front to remove it.

Unscrew the hard tank bracket from the boat. 4 screws.

Disconnect hard tank gauge wire.

Disconnect the 2 hoses.

Pull the tank out. May take some maneuvering.