PDA

View Full Version : Oil Leak - found!

76S&S
12-01-2011, 10:12 AM
Labor day weekend I discovered some oil in the bilge. We (me and son) had just changed the oil a few weeks earlier, so I was hopeful that he had spilled some oil when topping off. Cleaned this up and went out again only to discover more oil in the bilge. Well, due to other life commitments, I haven't had a chance to see where it was coming from.

The forecast for last night was for mid to high 20's so I ran down to the lake to be sure the block heater was on. I've been hoping for another run or two before pulling her out to do my winter projects. Good news is, I found the leak.:D When my son tied the drain hose back up, he accidentally pulled it across a pully, which rubbed a hole in the line. :o

So relieved that it is nothing serious!!!

thatsmrmastercraft
12-01-2011, 10:20 AM
Nice find. Sure make for an easy and cheap fix.

-V-
12-01-2011, 10:35 AM
good learning experiance for the kid too. Teaching kids at an early age to do work is good for them.

thatsmrmastercraft
12-01-2011, 10:37 AM
good learning experiance for the kid too. Teaching kids at an early age to do work is good for them.

Not only that, but it is a great way to spend time together. Finding those common interests can be challenging.

BrooksfamX2
12-01-2011, 10:40 AM
Well, now I'll make sure I dont do the same sometime........

-V-
12-01-2011, 10:41 AM
very true, i make my 5 and 9 year old girls work on the boat with me, my 9 year old is going to be a blonde hair blue eye bombshell that likes football and can work and fix anything with a crazy dad with a lot of guns.......haha :)

1redTA
12-01-2011, 11:08 AM
my daughter helped me change the cam and springs of my old 96 TA when she just turned 4. having someone hand you tools that are dropped is priceless.

GoneBoatN
12-01-2011, 12:39 PM
Not only that, but it is a great way to spend time together. Finding those common interests can be challenging.

Sure can.

My son is soon to come of the age to drive. I'm already thinking at some point of getting a "project" car. Nothing like creating those situations. Trick is staying involved but leaving room to grow and mature.

rjracin240
12-01-2011, 12:41 PM

Not meaning to jack this thread or change it's direction.....BUT how true this is and so sadly lacking these days. Glad you TT guys let me hang out, nice to see good OL American traditions and attitudes on here.

thatsmrmastercraft
12-01-2011, 01:43 PM
Sure can.

My son is soon to come of the age to drive. I'm already thinking at some point of getting a "project" car. Nothing like creating those situations. Trick is staying involved but leaving room to grow and mature.

Allowing your children to learn by their own mistakes can be the most challenging part of being a parent. Lord knows I have made enough mistakes to cover several generations.

76S&S
12-01-2011, 01:45 PM
I have twins, the one helping me is the one that is always there learning, the other will depend on his brother a lot!