PDA

View Full Version : iPhoto

mcprostar197
08-06-2005, 09:06 PM
Does anybody here with a mac know how to shrink the dimensions of a picture on iPhoto so that it will meet the size requirements to upload onto this site?

bucky
08-06-2005, 09:14 PM
I've looked everywhere on iPhoto in my ibook, and it doesn't seem to be much of an editing program, more like a photo album and organizer. I'm on apple.com in another window trying to find out the same thing right now.

mcprostar197
08-06-2005, 09:16 PM
I was shown how to do it a few weeks ago, but I guess I wasn't paying much attention cuz I don't remember a single thing the guy said.

bucky
08-06-2005, 09:27 PM
I don't have my ibook with me to test this, but the only thing support had to offer on a search was to hold the "option" button while resizing the whole window. If you remember, Please tell me, as it's been driving me crazy.

mcprostar197
08-06-2005, 09:34 PM
Yah, it drives me crazy too. Unfortunately, I highly doubt that I am going to remember. I'll ask my friend though tonight if I see him because his dad is a mac whiz and he has definitely picked up a lot of knowledge about them, so hopefully he can help.

mattsn
08-06-2005, 11:28 PM
In iPhoto 5.0, select your picture, go to Share on menu bar and then select eMail. You can then select the size of the photo. There are 3 sizes from 240x320 up to full size quality.

Good Luck

maristarman
08-07-2005, 12:19 AM
The way I do it is pretty easy. There may be an easier way, but this works for me.

Highlight the picture I want to upload.
Select File ------> Export
Click on the "Scale images no larger than:"
Type "480" in the width box.
It should automatically populate the height at xxx (depends on size of original picture)
Then I select "JPG" for the Format
"Use filename" and "Use extension" are selected
Click Export
I rename the file and save it to the desktop.

Then just follow the normal MC upload process. When you select the file it shows you the size when you click on it.

If it's too big the system will tell you that.

Here's a picture I took of my daughter wakeboarding this week that I just resized.....

maristarman
08-07-2005, 12:29 AM
I know it's not as simple as a one or two click process, but it does let you customize (somewhat) the size of the picture you upload.

Since you know the max size limit (I think its about 141K) you can play with exporting it a few different times to try and get it as close to the maximum size as possible.

mcprostar197
08-08-2005, 03:46 PM
Thank you Maristarman! That was a really easy process.

bucky
08-09-2005, 01:02 AM
Thanks, Maristarman. I'll do it when I get home in the morning. A few good pictures trapped on the iBook.