PDA

View Full Version : Developing a website

6ballsisall
08-06-2005, 07:53 PM
A little while ago there was some posts somewhere about buying webspace for inexpensive. Can someone please repost that info? Also, I would like input for those that built a personal/family website. I am no web developer by any means but am hoping to be able to put together an easy to use site for people to view photos of the fam and video clips, etc... I would hope to make one that is easy to add more photos/video clips. Any advice?

bigmac
08-06-2005, 08:25 PM
A little while ago there was some posts somewhere about buying webspace for inexpensive. Can someone please repost that info? Also, I would like input for those that built a personal/family website. I am no web developer by any means but am hoping to be able to put together an easy to use site for people to view photos of the fam and video clips, etc... I would hope to make one that is easy to add more photos/video clips. Any advice?

iPowerWeb (http://ipowerweb.com/. )

3 gigabytes, huge transfer allowance for $7.95 per month. I have several sites hosted by them. They have good tools and have been completely reliable. They include your domain name for the first year.

Dunno about photo and video software if you're talking about previews and stuff like that. If it were just photos, you'd be better off with pBase (http://pbase.com) .

What I'd do if I were you is just get the web space. You can upload photos and videos to your heart's content, drag and drop, with just the FTP function of Internet Explorer. People can browse, access, and download all the files there with any browser. Take you about 10 minutes to have such a web space up and running, and couldn't be simpler.

phecksel
08-06-2005, 11:59 PM
I have two sites with www.godaddy.com

Tech support is outstanding, and they actually speak english. Price is great. They have simple web page software, but I highly reccomend some way to buy Dreamweaver, think educational discount. It's kinda painful startup, but well worth it.

LakePirate
08-07-2005, 12:47 AM
Not sure about price but Interland hosts our corporate website and their support is excellent. I have a buddy that works there and I can always yell at him is something isn't right.