PDA

View Full Version : I think ive lost it...

agarabaghi
11-20-2011, 03:56 PM
Total watts RMS: 3336
Total Subs: (2) 10"
Speakers: (4) JL Audio m770
Tower: Wetsound Pro 485

Here a little video of the stereo i put together lol...

I hurts to sit in the boat with the tower off, and even more painful with the tower on...

I still have to cover the box in the front and install the sunpad bow filler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EcvThPn_b4

Lumbergh
11-20-2011, 05:31 PM
You have the sickness.

mikeg205
11-20-2011, 05:39 PM
Yeah..that's on my list too......

-V-
11-20-2011, 06:48 PM
i think i have my stuff installed in the wrong spot.................

agarabaghi
11-21-2011, 07:26 AM
where do you have you stuff?

The plan is to eventually carpet that box in the bow and add the bow filler cushion ...

Bouyhead
11-21-2011, 03:00 PM
You have the sickness.

Dang, I watched the video hoping to hear Disturbed!

CantRepeat
11-21-2011, 03:52 PM
I think your radio is broken. There was some strange god awful racket coming out of it!!!

When that sub hits it look like a water bed!

agarabaghi
11-21-2011, 06:17 PM
yea, thats the bass ****ing with the camera lens....

-V-
11-22-2011, 09:19 PM
i have two skm10 sub boxes (kicker), one on each side of the engine under the back hatch of my maristar. one amp that pushes both of them and my four tower speakers. i think i am going to relocate them somewhere else. The PO placed everything where it is now. I also need to add a battery selector and switch.

agarabaghi
11-23-2011, 12:08 PM
I have a battery isolator which will do everything automatically if you wish. $40 shipped.

Anything in compartments sounds terrible in my opinion.

I finally got the composite and the cushion skin in for the bow filler. It pretty much fits... kinda of... but i think it will work.

I plan on getting some high density foam put on each side of the box to fill in the gap and then have it carpeted in grey.

Was also thinking of maybe getting a cushion made for on top of the box, but im not sure.

The sub that is in the storage compartment will be moved to stock driver location and I will build a sealed box behind it. That should complete my sickness...

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/1020/imagerlu.jpg

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/8011/imagewbg.jpg

-V-
11-23-2011, 02:00 PM
ok,what is a battery isolator? right now i have this weird looking piece hooked up between the two batt's. but i was wanting to be able to shut off one batt just to make sure i do not drain it completly like i did one day up here in ohio, far away from alot of people and in a cove.

agarabaghi
11-23-2011, 02:07 PM
The isolator i have is digital... You hook up both batteries to it, and it senses the voltage and alt and selects when to isolate the "main" battery.

Basically, engine off accessories on, it runs until the main battery dips below 12.8v then it isolates the starting battery so that it does not drain.

When you turn on the engine, it charges the starting battery back up above 12.8 then charges the AUX battery.

Its a simple worry free device.

it's called the Battery Doctor, the one i have is the 100amp version.

http://www.batterymart.com/p-acc-20090-battery-isolator.html

kskonn
11-23-2011, 03:02 PM
I agree about the subs in the compartment, my last boat I put a wet sounds xxx in the compartment in a ported downfire box, in my new X2 I put in 3 Wetsounds free airs, sounds a lot better.

that system looks pretty sick.

agarabaghi
11-23-2011, 03:05 PM
I saw your setup, looks awesome, and super clean.

Id be really interested to hear how it sounds compared to something like mine. I built that box to spec using a 3" Aero port tuned to 32hz, so it gets low. Only problem is being in a boat a lot of it get's lost to the elements.

Im sure the XXX destroys the JL infinite baffle / free air sub, but I did not like my JL Free air sub at all. Which is why a 10" in a sealed box is going in that area, and I will probably remove the sub in that compartment.

How much power are you running to each XXX?