PDA

View Full Version : slipping tranny

causewayskier
08-06-2005, 03:45 PM
I have a Prosport 205 1992 with 900 Hrs. the transmission has begun to slip. Any harm in continuing to run the boat through the season and do a rebuild in the winter. Or should I pull the tranny now to prevent additional damage;. Will it cost me more to use the boat until the tranny gets worse?;

6ballsisall
08-06-2005, 04:40 PM
Have you checked your fluid level yet? The fix could be as simple as that.
Otherwise I can't give you advice on if you are going to rebuild your current one but if you are going to replace it with another unit I can't see why you'd have issues running it now. They will want your core transmission most likely but if it's shot, its still a core to them

causewayskier
08-07-2005, 10:01 PM
Fluid levels are fine. I intend get old tranny re-built at the end of the ski season. I just want to know if it will cost me more for the rebuild to keep running it with it slipping.

6ballsisall
08-07-2005, 10:03 PM
Fluid levels are fine. I intend get old tranny re-built at the end of the ski season. I just want to know if it will cost me more for the rebuild to keep running it with it slipping.

If thats the case I'd say yes. You might just have a need for some seals or something as simple as that. Continuing to run it could burn it up all together. If you have the 1:1 try these guys for a rebuilt unit, it might be cheaper than a rebuild on yours www.fantasticfinishmarine.com