PDA

View Full Version : Do you miss the NBA?

Double D
11-16-2011, 09:09 AM
Just asked a co-worker this morning, who is a big basketball fan, if he misses the NBA? He said no. Which is the same as I feel. I don't miss it one bit. The real game of basketball started last week with the Carrier Classic. How about any of you?

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
11-16-2011, 09:12 AM
In a word, no

tex
11-16-2011, 09:14 AM
Yes-Go Mavs!

CantRepeat
11-16-2011, 09:52 AM
Who????????

DemolitionMan
11-16-2011, 09:53 AM
I do not miss it.

DemolitionMan
11-16-2011, 09:54 AM
I do not miss it.

The NHL should cancel there season also.:D

pmkkdx
11-16-2011, 09:55 AM
nope ... not in the least

ncsone
11-16-2011, 09:56 AM
Ya, I miss my Mavs.

-V-
11-16-2011, 10:21 AM
nope, over paid whinny babies.

thatsmrmastercraft
11-16-2011, 10:36 AM
Had it not been in the media so much, I wouldn't have even realized they should be playing.

thatsmrmastercraft
11-16-2011, 10:37 AM

Now them is fighting words.:D

jamisonsbrodie
11-16-2011, 10:56 AM
I am only familiar with the WNBA:D

jkski
11-16-2011, 11:04 AM
I do not miss it at all and truthfully hope that the season never does start. I would like nothing more than to see the NBA re-create itself by getting new players who are paid a reasonable amount of money ($50k-$150k), with bonus potential for play, healthcare, expenses, etc.. It is my opinion that you would end up with a better product and one that people could afford to watch and identify with not to mention players who played the game for the love of it rather than money. I bet there are a lot of college players out there who never got drafted that would jump at this opportunity.
If the NBA could do it then the other sports could follow suit!!!

Never going to happen I know but one can dream and in the meantime I will not lose any sleep over the fact that they are not playing.

BallBushing
11-16-2011, 11:15 AM
What's the NBA?

Can't remember the last time I watched a game

scott023
11-16-2011, 11:37 AM

Go take a long walk off a short pier.

scott023
11-16-2011, 11:38 AM
hard to miss those overpaid, over hyped thugs. Just sayin.

BWB-745-
11-16-2011, 11:43 AM
I forgot who it was but a former NBA player was re-tweeted by someone I follow saying, paraphrasing here, but: 'When you only require guys to go to one year of college, expect this kind of progress during arbitration.'

Pretty good point, hell some of those guys didn't even go to college.

DemolitionMan
11-16-2011, 11:47 AM
hard to miss those overpaid, over hyped thugs. Just sayin.

I know 10 million a year sounds like a lot of money, but do you know how much the insurance is on a ferrari.:D

DemolitionMan
11-16-2011, 11:52 AM
1. Eliminate the NBA.
2. NHL season should be 60 games.
3. NASCAR season should be cut in half.
4. MLB season should be cut back to 100 games.
5. Football season should add another 5 games.

scott023
11-16-2011, 12:02 PM
I know 10 million a year sounds like a lot of money, but do you know how much the insurance is on a ferrari.:D

Or how much it is to have a posse follow you around, all carrying?

aquaman
11-16-2011, 12:03 PM

agreed

those NBA "superstars" will be quite upset when their rides and cribs are reposessed because they are no longer employed.

tatoo industry could be affected? :rolleyes:

i will not miss the NBA

college hoops rule.

scott023
11-16-2011, 12:05 PM
agreed

those NBA "superstars" will be quite upset when their rides and cribs are reposessed because they are no longer employed.

tatoo industry could be affected? :rolleyes:

i will not miss the NBA

college hoops rule.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Funny because it's true.

c_craig
11-16-2011, 12:09 PM
Love to see Lebron on the sidelines this year.

He's been "taking his talents" around to HS football playoffs this fall instead. Sucks. The spotlight should be on the kids on the field, not him. He never seems to know what's right.

aquaman
11-16-2011, 12:13 PM

He's been "taking his talents" around to HS football playoffs this fall instead. Sucks. The spotlight should be on the kids on the field, not him. He never seems to know what's right.

QUESTION........WHAT could an un-employed NBA "superstar" be re-trained to do. ? :confused:

scott023
11-16-2011, 12:21 PM

A truly misguided individual.

scott023
11-16-2011, 12:22 PM
QUESTION........WHAT could an un-employed NBA "superstar" be re-trained to do. ? :confused:

That's an interseting question. Nothing popped into my head.... kind of scary.

rjracin240
11-16-2011, 12:27 PM

Replace light bulbs without a ladder!:rolleyes:

Kyle
11-16-2011, 01:02 PM
I won't miss gorilla golf one bit. The players are mostly thugs, and their attitude reflects on other younger kids and that starts to create new thugs. The same thing happens in football yes, but at least when someone starts jiving the defense will knock the heck out of them next play maybe even hurting them. In gorilla golf there are really no injuries accept being tired, a hang nail, or a sprained finger at most. Personally the players need to dress like their paychecks and pull their pants up and walk normally and stfu and play, not complain about being under paid. That makes me think the court is full of Obamas out there just running around.

shepherd
11-16-2011, 01:05 PM
I hope it stays away. ESPN can concentrate on the important stuff, like football and racing . I personally wouldn't miss hockey either. Or golf.

aquaman
11-16-2011, 01:28 PM
I won't miss gorilla golf one bit. The players are mostly thugs, and their attitude reflects on other younger kids and that starts to create new thugs. The same thing happens in football yes, but at least when someone starts jiving the defense will knock the heck out of them next play maybe even hurting them. In gorilla golf there are really no injuries accept being tired, a hang nail, or a sprained finger at most. Personally the players need to dress like their paychecks and pull their pants up and walk normally and stfu and play, not complain about being under paid. That makes me think the court is full of Obamas out there just running around.

agreed

was not always that way. pro basketball used to be a game of skill and athleticism until the thugs took over did more shuck + jive than dribbling and passing.

it was sad to see teams turned into ONE player shows.....all shooting and no defense becasue that requires to much work. :)

SkiDog
11-16-2011, 02:00 PM
I hope it stays away. ESPN can concentrate on the important stuff, like football and racing . I personally wouldn't miss hockey either. Or golf.

I have to disagree with you on the golf. If all sports paid their players the way Golfers are paid, By HOW well they perform, they'd have NO reason to whine! You play like crap, you get no paycheck! You don't play, NO paycheck. Sure a lot of them are getting endorsement money, but act the way Tiger did, and see what happens. See ya!

captain planet
11-16-2011, 02:10 PM
I haven't missed it since ron artest was allowed back in the league.

aquaman
11-16-2011, 02:45 PM
I have to disagree with you on the golf. If all sports paid their players the way Golfers are paid, By HOW well they perform, they'd have NO reason to whine! You play like crap, you get no paycheck! You don't play, NO paycheck. Sure a lot of them are getting endorsement money, but act the way Tiger did, and see what happens. See ya!

oh no, performance pay would never fly in the NBA.

the majority of NBA players act like they are ENTITLED to million$ just for getting out of bed and being cool. :rolleyes:

let them look for real work, other than bouncing a ball.

scott023
11-16-2011, 02:57 PM
oh no, performance pay would never fly in the NBA.

the majority of NBA players act like they are ENTITLED to million$ just for getting out of bed and being cool. :rolleyes:

let them look for real work, other than bouncing a ball.

clapclapclapclapclapclapclapclap

dlamont
11-16-2011, 03:05 PM
Don't miss the NBA now, but do miss the days of Payton & Kemp.

nascar
11-16-2011, 03:43 PM
Fine with me if they never play another game .

GT500 MC
11-16-2011, 03:44 PM
Don't miss the regular season at all. Maybe they will get this figured out to play about a 20-game season then I'd watch the playoffs. The playoffs are usually pretty entertaining.

GT500 MC
11-16-2011, 03:45 PM
Don't miss the NBA now, but do miss the days of Payton & Kemp.

Damn, that's old school.

aquaman
11-16-2011, 03:48 PM
From the looks of this survey the players better pray the owners don't ask the public what to do??:D

Patrick Hardy
11-16-2011, 04:09 PM
I was a die hard NBA fan for decades, until David Stern and the rest of his henchmen stole / blackmailed the Seattle SuperSonics away. I missed it for about six months after they were gone. Now it is as if there is no NBA. I do not give one seconds thought to that failed business model of a sport. As far as I care the whole league can go away for good. As for the NBA's implied doom to the city after they moved, It seems to me that Seattle is still here and OK.

shepherd
11-16-2011, 04:21 PM

I agree with you there. But what I meant is that I wouldn't miss seeing it on TV since I never watch it anyways. I may feel different if I actually played golf.

From the looks of this survey the players better pray the owners don't ask the public what to do??:D

You think that this forum is a good representative picture of the general public?

aquaman
11-16-2011, 04:30 PM
I agree with you there. But what I meant is that I wouldn't miss seeing it on TV since I never watch it anyways. I may feel different if I actually played golf.

You think that this forum is a good representative picture of the general public?

i would say this group on TT is probably More sports oriented than the general public, which should favor a pro sport, such as NBA? but the consenus is that the NBA would NOT be missed.

is that not pretty strong negative sentiment from a group that in general tends to favor sports ?

btw...i agree this forum has members that are above average in many ways and not representative of the general public. :)

scott023
11-16-2011, 04:30 PM

Ha. The members here may not be in the majority of the general public. :D

aquaman
11-16-2011, 04:41 PM
Ha. The members here may not be in the majority of the general public. :D

take no offense, i know this forum is not the general public.......... but i have heard strong opinions from other sources, radio + print, that agree the players are going to lose the issue, and forfeit the season.

they are the general public and many agree with the views on this forum.

1redTA
11-16-2011, 05:05 PM
bunch of overpaid, lazy, under educated, prima donnas... I wonder if they are collecting unemployment?

scott023
11-16-2011, 05:23 PM
take no offense, i know this forum is not the general public.......... but i have heard strong opinions from other sources, radio + print, that agree the players are going to lose the issue, and forfeit the season.

they are the general public and many agree with the views on this forum.

Absolutely no offense taken. I agree with you, that's for dang sure.

aquaman
11-16-2011, 05:58 PM
bunch of overpaid, lazy, under educated, prima donnas... I wonder if they are collecting unemployment?

thanks for getting to the point.

i suspect the tean owners agree with you. :D

bbymgr
11-16-2011, 06:30 PM

Crash Test Dummies.:D

aquaman
11-16-2011, 06:34 PM
Crash Test Dummies.:D

good idea.

but they may need some training.

medicmoose
11-16-2011, 06:39 PM

Just to clarify...you are talking about the NBA players and not the members of this forum right???? :D:rolleyes:

kgrove
11-16-2011, 06:57 PM
I'm about to go crazy without the NBA, though I know that's not the normal sentiment. I've tried filling my basketball addiction with college ball, but I can't. The talent level is just too bad. The few teams that have true athletes are filled with freshman who play like... Well, they play like freshmen. The teams that have true junior and senior leaders and play skilled ball just flat out don't have real athletes.

And I'm not talking about missing the NBA prima donnas like James or 'Melo. I miss the technicians that get in there and play *right* - guys like Ray Allen, Shane Battier, or James Harden... role players who fill out 10 of the 12 players on every teams roster that still kick the snot out of even the player of the year in college ball.

This year is going to suck for me.

ahhudgins
11-16-2011, 07:39 PM
Both of my sons played high school basketball and they have both graduated as of this past summer. To be honest, I would rather pay $5 and go sit on the hard plastic bleachers to watch a high school game over a NBA game on TV.

As far as the NHL, I never had much interest in it until my sister married a Canadian and I started to play roller hockey. It was a big event every Thanksgiving and Christmas until we all got older and our bodies started falling apart. I now have a greater respect for what those guys can do on the ice.

Footin
11-16-2011, 08:08 PM
Don't miss it...not even a little bit.

dlamont
11-16-2011, 09:49 PM
I wonder how many college guys that left school early for the NBA this year are wishing they were back at school?
I hope for the NBA's sake they take a long look at the NFL model and make it more about the games and less about the players.

1redTA
11-16-2011, 10:05 PM
Just to clarify...you are talking about the NBA players and not the members of this forum right???? :D:rolleyes:

sorry, I should have clarified I was talking about NBA players not the fine group of people who frequent this board

Kevin@MWMC
11-17-2011, 01:02 AM
Nope, never watched it to begin with. Won't even notice it's not on.....

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

thatsmrmastercraft
11-17-2011, 01:19 AM
A number of years ago I had a sales job where the company I worked for had suites at the Metrodome and Target Center. I thoroughly enjoyed taking customers (and friends when the suites were open) to Twins and Vikings games (they won some back then) but I could hardly stand to watch the Timberwolves play.

kgrove
11-17-2011, 01:30 AM
A number of years ago I had a sales job where the company I worked for had suites at the Metrodome and Target Center. I thoroughly enjoyed taking customers (and friends when the suites were open) to Twins and Vikings games (they won some back then) but I could hardly stand to watch the Timberwolves play.

I don't think watching the Timberwolves and concluding you don't like the NBA is a fair comparison. That would be like seeing Roseanne Barr and concluding you don't like women.

thatsmrmastercraft
11-17-2011, 09:34 AM
I don't think watching the Timberwolves and concluding you don't like the NBA is a fair comparison. That would be like seeing Roseanne Barr and concluding you don't like women.

Well, that is a fair analogy. I enjoy college hoops, but am bored to tears by the no defense style of NBA play............not to mention the gangstas.

Ron Grover
11-17-2011, 11:24 AM
The NB-What?????

scott023
11-17-2011, 11:57 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. At least there was some excitement there when KG played with them.

hoosier skier
11-17-2011, 02:37 PM
You have to feel bad for the police , with all those NBA thugs walking the street, their workload has increased .

scott023
11-17-2011, 04:05 PM
You have to feel bad for the police , with all those NBA thugs walking the street, their workload has increased .

Man, these dudes are taking a kickin while they're down. :rotf:

aquaman
11-17-2011, 04:32 PM
Man, these dudes are taking a kickin while they're down. :rotf:

i think the players arrogance and greed has now turned on them.

good riddance to the gangsta ball players.

this is a good time for the NBA to clean house and re-organize with some new talent under new guidelines.

captain planet
11-17-2011, 04:43 PM
With the decrease in overall morals of the players in the NBA over the past 10+ years, I find this amusing and satisfying. I hope they fold up the season. I do feel bad for players like Tim Duncan who are genuinely good people, but in reality the good ones will be fine. They don't have a posse to support.

scott023
11-17-2011, 04:50 PM
With the decrease in overall morals of the players in the NBA over the past 10+ years, I find this amusing and satisfying. I hope they fold up the season. I do feel bad for players like Tim Duncan who are genuinely good people, but in reality the good ones will be fine. They don't have a posse to support.

Well stated CP.

hoosier skier
11-17-2011, 05:21 PM
All kidding aside, I feel bad for the people that depend on these babies to make a living . They will never recover their income lost .

trickskier
11-17-2011, 10:42 PM
I hope they abolish the NBA!!! Greedy players!!!

fskof
11-17-2011, 11:29 PM
All kidding aside, I feel bad for the people that depend on these babies to make a living . They will never recover their income lost .

Like custom car shops. Who else will be buying 24'' spinners for there Escalades and Range Rovers... lol

mtajpa
11-18-2011, 12:23 AM
Replace light bulbs without a ladder!:rolleyes:

They would get to dizzy.:D

2RLAKE
11-18-2011, 03:57 AM

Well stated ... How do you think they are handling their money situation?

captain planet
11-18-2011, 08:02 AM
Well stated ... How do you think they are handling their money situation?

Which ones? The Tim Duncans....or the Allan Iversons? The Duncans are probably seeing this as a pause in the increase in their retirement. The Iversons are looking at MC Hammer and going, uh oh!

Double D
11-18-2011, 09:08 AM
Well, its seems we don't miss it now. But, for those people that don't watch the NHL, we still have football to fall back on. What happens after the Super Bowl and before Spring Training?

My background is this: Living near Cleveland I am somewhat tainted since "The Decision" over a year ago, but I can honestly say that the only reason I ever watched the NBA in the last 5+ years was because the Cavs had a competitive team and we had a "so called" superstar. Before and during those years I hated the way there was blatant home court advantages, three step layups, 6 fouls, etc. If these guys are supposed to be so good then keep the rules the same and call the game by the performance, not who the player is and what team they play for.

I do agree with you that some players are class acts but most of the game is now gangs wearing their colors, and don't forget to get your full upper body tattoo's!! I'm done with it!

Hammer
11-18-2011, 09:27 AM
Pro basketball does nothing for me. College basketball is where the excitement is.

shepherd
11-18-2011, 10:07 AM
Well, its seems we don't miss it now. But, for those people that don't watch the NHL, we still have football to fall back on. What happens after the Super Bowl and before Spring Training?

Racing. Speed Week starts at Daytona shortly after the Super Bowl.

GT500 MC
11-18-2011, 11:39 AM

College basketball and March Madness. Nothing compares. A true playoff system (well at least for 64 teams) where anybody can win. And those first four days are exciting.

DemolitionMan
11-18-2011, 12:01 PM
Still don't miss it.

captain planet
11-18-2011, 02:47 PM

My background is this: Living near Cleveland I am somewhat tainted since "The Decision" over a year ago, but I can honestly say that the only reason I ever watched the NBA in the last 5+ years was because the Cavs had a competitive team and we had a "so called" superstar. Before and during those years I hated the way there was blatant home court advantages, three step layups, 6 fouls, etc. If these guys are supposed to be so good then keep the rules the same and call the game by the performance, not who the player is and what team they play for.

I do agree with you that some players are class acts but most of the game is now gangs wearing their colors, and don't forget to get your full upper body tattoo's!! I'm done with it!

Work on the house! There isn't anything else worth watching. Watching golf is like watching flies fornicate, auto racing is...well....if I share my real feelings about auto racing I will probably offend a lot of people here so I'll just say....there aren't enough wrecks to keep my attention, and spring training....who cares about baseball anyway. Baseball is one rung above the NBA. There is no salary cap, steroids are rampant, and if John Kruk and David Wells were in good enough shape to play baseball....then it is barely a sport. If your cholesterol number is highter than your lowest batters average, there is a problem.

The NHL is second to the NFL as far as pro sports go. After these two, soccer is much more exciting than anything else going on in the spring.

shepherd
11-18-2011, 05:00 PM
I agree about baseball being boring. I've never been able to watch a complete baseball game from start to finish. When they show the spectators in the stands even they seem bored!

shepherd
11-18-2011, 05:02 PM
Watching golf is like watching flies fornicate.

I think fornicating flies would be more entertaining than golf. For educational reasons obviously. :rolleyes:

Willski
11-18-2011, 05:04 PM
No loss here. Prefer college hoops.

Skipper
11-18-2011, 06:16 PM
NBA = garbage

SkiDog
11-18-2011, 06:56 PM
I agree about baseball being boring. I've never been able to watch a complete baseball game from start to finish. When they show the spectators in the stands even they seem bored!

You obviously didn't watch game 6 of the World Series this year then did you? Best freakin game in history!

SkiDog
11-18-2011, 07:06 PM
Like custom car shops. Who else will be buying 24'' spinners for there Escalades and Range Rovers... lol

Funny you say that. Kwame Brown who was born & raised here was the first player ever to be drafted in the #1 spot right out of high school. He and his family were raised in the hood, Zone 3. When he signed with Michael Jordan's team, he got a HUGE signing bonus. First thing he does is buy his momma a house in my neighborhood. You woulda thought he woulda paid cash, but no, he financed it somehow. Beyond me how that happened, but I guess a 15 million dollar signing bonus has its perks. So they move in, live there 3-4 years, trash the place. Well, Momma dies. So what does Kwame do? He lets the house go into foreclosier! having all that money and has absolutely no respect for it. You can take a ride thru this neighborhood of about 350 houses and even Stevie Wonder could pick out which house it is. Its that bad! Shut em down!

dlamont
11-18-2011, 08:55 PM
Don't worry, looks like they have new jobs:

http://devour.com/video/lockout-professionals/

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
11-18-2011, 10:49 PM

24" are so 2010, 32" dubs for the real ballers...oh I mean thugs:rolleyes:

kgrove
11-19-2011, 12:08 AM
The laundromat called... said they couldn't get out the smoke stains from your last cross burning, so do you still want your white hoods starched?

Wow... quite a few references in this thread to gangsters, thugs, posses, lack of morals, etc. At worst, these are code words since you know you can't say more obviously racially charged comments. At best, these are horribly chosen words or unwitting repetition of negative stereotypes. Did you make the same comments when the NFL was on strike? Or do Tom Brady and Peyton Manning really represent more "wholesome values" than Kevin Durant or Dwayne Wade?

I'm sure most of you are just unaware of how this all comes across and think your just having fun conversation, but there is a huge undercurrent of racism through this whole TeamTalk board.

GT500 MC
11-19-2011, 02:14 PM
The laundromat called... said they couldn't get out the smoke stains from your last cross burning, so do you still want your white hoods starched?

Wow... quite a few references in this thread to gangsters, thugs, posses, lack of morals, etc. At worst, these are code words since you know you can't say more obviously racially charged comments. At best, these are horribly chosen words or unwitting repetition of negative stereotypes. Did you make the same comments when the NFL was on strike? Or do Tom Brady and Peyton Manning really represent more "wholesome values" than Kevin Durant or Dwayne Wade?

I'm sure most of you are just unaware of how this all comes across and think your just having fun conversation, but there is a huge undercurrent of racism through this whole TeamTalk board.

Ouch, thread-killer. I would have to respectfully disagree on the whole TT forum having an "undercurrent of racism" running through it though. If talking about how to correctly prop my MC for high-altitude somehow has racism in it, then I guess I am guilty.:rolleyes:

There may be references to "gangsters, thugs, posses" etc. in this thread, and if those are perceived by some as code words, then maybe we should re-think our thought process. I think the jist of the thread was that the NBA is full of highly and/or over paid athletes; just so happens that over 90% of them are black. I think we would all say the same about the MLB/NFL/NHL, doesn't matter the % of white/black/red/yellow/green/blue. Besides, I think you get into dangerous territory in trying to read too much into "the intent/meaning/thought processes" people's words in an open forum. I take them for face value and move on.....

Double D
11-19-2011, 04:10 PM
Ouch, thread-killer. I would have to respectfully disagree on the whole TT forum having an "undercurrent of racism" running through it though. If talking about how to correctly prop my MC for high-altitude somehow has racism in it, then I guess I am guilty.:rolleyes:

There may be references to "gangsters, thugs, posses" etc. in this thread, and if those are perceived by some as code words, then maybe we should re-think our thought process. I think the jist of the thread was that the NBA is full of highly and/or over paid athletes; just so happens that over 90% of them are black. I think we would all say the same about the MLB/NFL/NHL, doesn't matter the % of white/black/red/yellow/green/blue. Besides, I think you get into dangerous territory in trying to read too much into "the intent/meaning/thought processes" people's words in an open forum. I take them for face value and move on.....

Well said GT500, and that's all I have to say...

DemolitionMan
11-19-2011, 04:13 PM

I did a search on google images for the word thug and this was the first pic that camed up. They look pretty white to me.:D

Skipper
11-19-2011, 05:50 PM
Their jewelry sure is shiney. Is that what's called "bling"?

I am still learning the code words...newbies!

1redTA
11-19-2011, 08:33 PM
[QUOTE I'm sure most of you are just unaware of how this all comes across and think your just having fun conversation, but there is a huge undercurrent of racism through this whole TeamTalk board.[/QUOTE].

Anybody ever tell you to have a nice day?

ahhudgins
11-19-2011, 09:56 PM
I did a search on google images for the word thug and this was the first pic that camed up. They look pretty white to me.:D

Now that is funny, but it also offends ME. Does that mean Google has an "undercurrent of racism"??:D

atlfootr
11-25-2011, 08:48 PM
In a word, no

In two letters, N O !

wakescene
11-25-2011, 09:02 PM
Frankly, I don't really care about the NBA, whether they are playing or Not.

Maristar210
11-25-2011, 10:44 PM
Just say no to THUGball and the $175 30th row seats that go with them.

TASTE OF REALITY !!!!

YES !!

Double D
12-05-2011, 08:36 PM
Well, looks like they have nothing better to do than go to 7th grade girls basketball game here in Ohio. Jackson vs Perry. Here is my least favorite NBA player with my Son taken tonight, 12/4/11

scott023
12-06-2011, 10:21 AM
He didn't get lynched at the game?

shepherd
12-06-2011, 10:38 AM
He didn't get lynched at the game?

That would be politically incorrect.

scott023
12-06-2011, 10:40 AM
That would be politically incorrect.

Do people in Ohio care about that when it comes to Lebron?

DemolitionMan
12-06-2011, 10:53 AM

I was thinking the same, how does he even show his face in Ohio.

thatsmrmastercraft
12-06-2011, 10:54 AM
I am incredibly disappointed that they managed to put this thing back together. I was really enjoying being able to catch the sports on the radio and TV without being forced to put up with the nba crapola. It was nice while it lasted.

shepherd
12-06-2011, 11:08 AM
I am incredibly disappointed that they managed to put this thing back together. I was really enjoying being able to catch the sports on the radio and TV without being forced to put up with the nba crapola. It was nice while it lasted.

I agree!!!!!

GT500 MC
12-06-2011, 11:09 AM
Well, looks like they have nothing better to do than go to 7th grade girls basketball game here in Ohio. Jackson vs Perry. Here is my least favorite NBA player with my Son taken tonight, 12/4/11

Double D - I'm not a huge NBA/Lebron/overpaid-athlete fan, but that is an awesome pic for your son. Nothing staged, just hanging out in the bleachers with one of the greatest players of all time (arguably). Tell me he isn't sharing that with hundreds at his school.

scott023
12-06-2011, 11:13 AM

Surprising to me as well. b

DemolitionMan
12-06-2011, 11:14 AM
I miss the NBA of the late 80's early 90's.

Double D
12-06-2011, 11:17 AM

Nope, not at all!

scott023
12-06-2011, 11:17 AM
I miss the NBA of the late 80's early 90's.

Jordan, Johnson, Bird, Olajuwon, Ewing, Tomas, Drexler, Wilkins... those were the days.

scott023
12-06-2011, 11:18 AM
Nope, not at all!

Just as I suspected.

Double D
12-06-2011, 11:20 AM
Double D - I'm not a huge NBA/Lebron/overpaid-athlete fan, but that is an awesome pic for your son. Nothing staged, just hanging out in the bleachers with one of the greatest players of all time (arguably). Tell me he isn't sharing that with hundreds at his school.

OH yeah! Its all over his Facebook page and its the talk of the school today. He was babbling all about it last night. I asked my son if he told him that "my dad hates you". :D:D Nope!! He said he was sweet!!

BrooksfamX2
12-06-2011, 11:21 AM
Well, I didn't miss it, but I do watch the home team. Go Blazers! BB is the only sport I watch beside the state college games Oregon and Oregon State.

I dont watch NFL, MLB, NHL, etc...just dont have the interest or time..........

Double D
12-06-2011, 11:21 AM

Agree!! But he is around a lot, surprisingly....

dlamont
12-06-2011, 04:20 PM
The NBA is back! Get ready for some high flying, high scoring, high flopping, action! Did I mention they have decided not to play defense this year!?!!

captain planet
12-06-2011, 05:38 PM

I agree!!!!!

I also agree. I was hoping to get through the holidays without this crap on SportsCenter.

scott023
12-06-2011, 05:47 PM
I also agree. I was hoping to get through the holidays without this crap on SportsCenter.

You and me both CP.

Forrest-X45
12-06-2011, 07:01 PM
The NBA is back! Get ready for some high flying, high scoring, high flopping, action! Did I mention they have decided not to play defense this year!?!!

This year?!?!?! :D

I can't believe you would even give the nba the time of day since that a$$hole Stern and bastard Clay Bennett stole our Sonics from Seattle. No thanks to Schultz either. I would have loved to see the whole league fold over the greediness of the holdout. Dang.....so close. ;)