PDA

View Full Version : 205v/Xstar/X2/X1 Center Ballast Vent

JRW160
11-13-2011, 12:18 PM
In my 2003 X2, the center ballast came with a vent on each end. I rerouted the starboard vent hose to a forward bilge I plan to install next week. Should I connect the forward and rear vents of the center ballast with a T fitting and have them both vent out the port side or should I just use only one of the vents?

swatguy
11-13-2011, 06:29 PM
Not sure I really understand your question? What do you mean running to a forward bilge? Your boat should have a foward bilge pump from factory. with its own line. Assuming you have fee reversible pumps on the center sac. What are you reinvent to accomplish? Maybe that would help me out. I am just not understanding what you are trying to do.

Maybe you are meaning a forward sack?

JRW160
11-13-2011, 07:43 PM
There is only an aft bilge pump in the 2003 X-2. I think they added a forward bilge from the factory in 2004.

The ski locker sack currently has 2 vent lines. I am taking one of those for the forward bilge. I am trying to decide how to vent the ski locker sack. Should I just vent it from the front or rear or should I connect the front and rear vents with a "T" fitting and then run it to the thru hull?

swatguy
11-14-2011, 01:28 AM
Hmmmmm.....every 205v I seen post 1999 had a bildge right next to the center drain plug. .

Well there are two ways to vent the bilge out the side.
1) you can remove a vent line from your center sac. Preferably the one towards the rear . Reason being your boat will mostly sit with rear end lowered so the air pocket will mostly be towards bow.

2) you can t into a vent line but you will need to add a check valve to the vent line on the "low" side of the t. Meaning between the bag and before the t in order to prevent the bilge water from flowing back into sack. Wakemakers is great place for ballast parts n check valves

JRW160
11-14-2011, 01:43 PM
Thanks, I think I'll try just running with just the forward vent on the center sack and see how it goes. I can always add the T and check valve later if it turns out I need them.

swatguy
11-14-2011, 07:34 PM
Personally that's way I would do it.