PDA

View Full Version : HO Vengeance vs Truth

Terry
08-06-2005, 01:07 AM
Want any opinions about comparison between HO Vengeance or Truth or as I have a chance to buy either for about the same price. Another ski I am stronly considering is a CDX. I am finally replacing my old HO T1 (which may acutally be an antique now) for no other reason that I have an ich for something new.

east tx skier
08-06-2005, 12:19 PM
Welcome, Terry.

I've skied the ASX and own and ride a CDX. My wife has the truth. It depends on what you're looking to use it for. The ASX is about 1/4" wider than the truth (and probably the CDX). That's an approximation. ASX is better in open water. Slower and smoother than the truth and CDX. I may try to ski the truth in the near future, but may not have the chance by the time you get around to buying.

If you are a long time skier and fairly aggressive, I'd say go with the CDX. The ASX will do you fine in the course, but is not recommended for skiing over 34 mph according to HO. Just my $.02.

Terry
08-06-2005, 06:49 PM
Thanks ETX. I am going with the CDX. Wiley's still has them and there are a few on Ebay. It would be great to try all three but any choice will be improvement on what I am on now. Actually, I am going to bring my old HO ski back from the lake tomorrow and post a pic on the site as I am almost sure that I am the last guy left still using one! I own a 210VRS Maristar and ski pretty hard (for an old guy) but there is no course on the lake where I keep my boat. I found this site long before I joined, have always enjoyed the posts and appreciate your response.

erkoehler
08-19-2005, 12:47 AM
SO.........how is the ski???? Did you get it yet???? :D

Upper Michigan Prostar190
08-20-2005, 11:12 AM
Yes, please do tell! :) :confused:

Terry
08-23-2005, 12:27 AM
Yep. Bought a cdx on ebay and rode it last week. The ski was advertised as a 66 and came as a 67. And the bindings are a little too big for my dinky feet but I had a blast on it. I was impressed . Had more speed out of the turn and felt more stability across the wakes. I need a little more time on the ski; not real fluid getting into my turns but that should be expected. I still might try to find a 66 and definitely need some bindings that fit better. There are some pretty good deals out there right now. Any opinion on HO phantom bindings?

east tx skier
08-23-2005, 11:33 AM
Terry, I don't know what your height/weight/boat speed combo is, but before you trade in for a 66", check HO's sizing chart. People are running longer on the skis these days. Fluidity in turns seems to me to be a little trickier at times on HOs. They tend to be tail heavy and turn on a dime.

No experience with the phantoms. Been very happy with the Animals on my CDX. Decided I needed a few more balls before I could justify the phantom/approach boots.

Ric
08-23-2005, 01:07 PM
Terry, let me know where you are finding deals on HO bindings, I need to pick up a few spares if there are bargians right now.

east tx skier
08-23-2005, 04:06 PM
Bennett's was selling the venoms pretty cheap a while back.

Ric
08-23-2005, 05:03 PM
Thank you I will do the not so lazy thing and pick up the phone!

Chef23
08-23-2005, 05:52 PM
Thank you I will do the not so lazy thing and pick up the phone!

If they have good deals on Animals let us know.

Terry
08-25-2005, 01:47 AM
Found new 2004 phantom bindings on Ebay for 180 - 190/pr. Did NOT find any deals on pairs of Animals but did see some rear pivots. Many ski deals though. My old HO T1 is 65" which is as tall as me and I'm up to 150 lbs now, about 15 more than when I got it! I have been wanting a new ski. So I thought it time to move up a little in length, but not too much with the CDX as it a wider ski by design. The payoff was a lot more stability. I still think that the 66 CDX would be a better fit for my size than the 67 that I got but I'm going to play around on it some more before I give it up. I need new bindings. Want front and rear boots but don't want to fight putting them on. Heard the Approach is an easy entry boot and I am tempted to buy a pair. I am an old guy (50) who doesn't have a course to ski on (public lake) and lucky to get out 30 times a year (new twins!). I will strive to ski as fast and hard as I can . . . until I can't!

east tx skier
08-25-2005, 12:06 PM
Yup, 66" sounds like a better size for you. I was 195 lbs when I bought my 68" CDX. I'm now 168 lbs and still riding it. Could probably do the 67", but am still quite comfortable on the 68".