PDA

View Full Version : Winterization Question

TxsRiverRat
11-07-2011, 11:22 AM
Last night I went to winterize my GFs 98 PS 205. All you really need to do in Texas is drain the water out really... So here's what i did:

1. I opened the draincock on the port side, water poured out

2. I removed the hose from the back of the manifold port side, water poured out

3. I removed the knock sensor wire and plug from the starboard side, water poured out

4. 2. I removed the hose from the back of the manifold starboard side, and NO water poured out

There is a hard rubber plug that attaches to the back of the manifold that I can not seem to be able to remove, so I fished a wire hanger through it to see if anything was clogging it passage - I got about 5-6" of the hanger in there so I know I got in far enough to unclog it if anything was clogging it...

FYI - I also removed the hose that leads into the exhaust manifold and nothing was clogging that, so the flow into the exhauset manifold was not blocked...

So here's the question - what could be the issue?

Thanks guys

Thrall
11-07-2011, 11:50 AM
My 96 (lt1) had a metal plug on both manifolds and always got water out of both of them.
I dunno?? :confused: Should be water in both manifolds.

TxsRiverRat
11-07-2011, 11:53 AM
My 96 (lt1) had a metal plug on both manifolds and always got water out of both of them.
I dunno?? :confused: Should be water in both manifolds.

I have a 93 PS205 and 14 years I have never seen water not come out - this is why I'm so confused by this... I dont want to have her spend money on a mechanic to go look at it, but it may be the best option, unless i get good advice here...

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
11-07-2011, 12:22 PM
I have a 93 PS205 and 14 years I have never seen water not come out - this is why I'm so confused by this... I dont want to have her spend money on a mechanic to go look at it, but it may be the best option, unless i get good advice here...

Can you get the gangsta to take a look for you...

TxsRiverRat
11-07-2011, 12:23 PM
I could but the problem is its 90 miles away

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
11-07-2011, 12:29 PM
Might have to remove the manifold and look that way.

sleeporbutter
11-07-2011, 12:58 PM
I use marine antifreeze when I winterize, and after pouring it in I will open each drain just to make sure antifreeze drains freely through each one. Maybe you can try filling the manifold with antifreeze and see if it flows out the drain. My thought was maybe the manifold was already empty of any water, like maybe it is leaking out...

TxsRiverRat
11-07-2011, 03:37 PM
Hmmm.... Now that is a good thought... But I do not recall the boat ever overheating...

(We used that boat 3x all year with the extreme drought conditions and brazos being 16 ft low, we skied close to home)

Mark

mikeg205
11-08-2011, 12:07 AM
pictures help...

-V-
11-08-2011, 07:22 PM
pics are always good