PDA

View Full Version : Roll Tide!

tideengineer
11-05-2011, 11:00 PM
Go Bama! Roll Tide Roll!

CantRepeat
11-06-2011, 07:14 AM
That was a rough one. We can't miss that many field goals and expect to win a against #1.

davidstan
11-06-2011, 07:24 AM
And they still have to play Auburn.

jafo9
11-06-2011, 07:37 AM
either you guys don't sleep or you are at work like me. i'm glad i don't bet because i would have thought bama would have won by 14.

81SNS
11-06-2011, 08:52 PM
I have watched it 3 times now, I was there last night and twice today, and we beat ourselves with stupid mistakes and penalties, I havent liked our kicking game all year, but if the offense had done its job we could have been in better kicking range, or scored 6's, our defense was amazing.

DemolitionMan
11-06-2011, 10:38 PM
I would not count Bama out on the NC game.

east tx skier
11-07-2011, 11:16 AM
"Defensive slug fests" must only be interesting to watch if it's one of your teams.

DemolitionMan
11-07-2011, 12:00 PM
I don't think that Ok State would match up with either one of them.

scott023
11-07-2011, 12:02 PM
"Defensive slug fests" must only be interesting to watch if it's one of your teams.

Agreed. That game was a snoozer.

BWB-745-
11-07-2011, 12:24 PM
That was the worst offensive play calling I have ever seen. Why, after all season we have been successful running the ball up the middle, do we try to run around the outside when playing a team with fast corner backs and smaller LBs? Enough time for three plays with two time outs left in the 4th and we don't let our Heisman contender get a carry?

Our kicking has always sucked so I'm not completely surprised by the misses considering all of the kicks were going into the wind.

ttu
11-07-2011, 12:47 PM

they may not be able to play defense worth a crap they led the nation in takeaways. and trust me that offense with Weeden and crew will put points on either of those defenses.

would i predict a win, probably not.

shepherd
11-07-2011, 12:50 PM
I didn't have a dog in the fight, but I thought it was a great game to watch. I was really impressed by LSU's defense. Bama fans can blame the kicking game, but it would have helped if their offense could get a little closer to the goal posts for their kicker. Definitely a slugfest.

BWB-745-
11-07-2011, 01:16 PM
Offense is to blame. When inside the 35 on first downs we averaged -12 yards. Stupid penalties. As I said earlier, our kickers have never been good so I wasn't surprised they missed a few of them, but missing all is rather poor.

This is the best deffense I have seen at Alabama and I'm so torn up that our O couldn't put up a TD when given the ball once at mid field and once on the 35.

CantRepeat
11-07-2011, 02:25 PM
Yeah it's a tough loss for sure but, gotta take it like a man.

Next time we'll get a bathroom attendant to attempt a field goal for us.

DemolitionMan
11-07-2011, 03:02 PM
they may not be able to play defense worth a crap they led the nation in takeaways. and trust me that offense with Weeden and crew will put points on either of those defenses.

would i predict a win, probably not.

I am not a fan of either, but I feel like they play too physical for OK State.

bobx1
11-07-2011, 03:11 PM
And they still have to play Auburn.

And we still have to play Arkansas which always gives us fits.

As for a rematch for the Championship, our guys don't want any part of that....

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2011/11/lsu_players_not_interested_in.html

east tx skier
11-07-2011, 03:24 PM

Probably not, but they probably said the same thing about Boise State versus OU several years ago. My team plays OSU (the one in OK) every year, and, even on a mismatched year, they can and will beat you if you don't bring your A game.

As for a rematch, SEC members are very proud of their conference, and that's fine. But one of the things that goes along with that is having two highly ranked teams play one another. Both teams are great, no doubt. But I don't see why we would need a repeat performance in the title game when there are other undefeateds out there who, in my opinion, deserve a shot at number one.

76S&S
11-07-2011, 03:27 PM
Agreed. That game was a snoozer.

Interesting!

Being a Bama fan I was glued to the set; but I was just asking a co-worker earlier how he thought football fans outside of the southeast viewed the game. Great defensive battle or boring because of the low score.

DemolitionMan
11-07-2011, 03:29 PM
Probably not, but they probably said the same thing about Boise State versus OU several years ago. SEC members are very proud of their conference, and that's fine. But one of the things that goes along with that is having two highly ranked teams play one another. Both teams are great, no doubt. But I don't see why we would need a repeat performance in the title game when their are other undefeateds out there who, in my opinion, deserve a shot at number one.

There may not be any undefeateds left by the end of the season.

ttu
11-07-2011, 03:41 PM
There may not be any undefeateds left by the end of the season.

agree, we have 3 games that osu will have to win to make is possible. watching the bcs show last night herbie stated that yes osu will score on either lsu or bama. the main difference is can osu defense make a few good stops.

scott023
11-07-2011, 04:02 PM
Interesting!

Being a Bama fan I was glued to the set; but I was just asking a co-worker earlier how he thought football fans outside of the southeast viewed the game. Great defensive battle or boring because of the low score.

The issue was that the offenses were completely inept inside the 35 yard line.

GT500 MC
11-07-2011, 04:08 PM
Interesting!

As I'm outside of the SE, can I say it was BOTH a great defensive battle, yet boring? There are just so many outstanding athletes on both defenses, they just overwhelmed the average, at best, offenses. I would love to see that OSU offense with the Weeden/Blackmon combo go up against either LSU or 'Bama defense.

I just need to see a little offense in my college football games.

DemolitionMan
11-07-2011, 04:39 PM
I would say that most of the undefeateds still have aways togo.
LSU

Sat, Nov 12 vsWestern Kentucky
Sat, Nov 19 @Ole Miss
Fri, Nov 25 vs#8 Arkansas

OK State

Sat, Nov 12 @Texas Tech
Fri, Nov 18 @Iowa State
Sat, Dec 3 vs#6 Oklahoma

Stanford

Sat, Nov 12 vs#7 Oregon
Sat, Nov 19 vsCalifornia
Sat, Nov 26 vsNotre Dame

Boise State

Sat, Nov 12 vsTCU
Sat, Nov 19 @San Diego State
Sat, Nov 26 vsWyoming
Sat, Dec 3 vsNew Mexico

Houston
Thu, Nov 10 @Tulane
Sat, Nov 19 vsSouthern Methodist
Fri, Nov 25 @Tulsa

east tx skier
11-07-2011, 06:47 PM
Agreed. Lots of good football to come and maybe no undefeateds by the end of that.