PDA

View Full Version : Attitude Adjustment Plate on X1

Rocky_Mountain_Shredder
11-04-2011, 01:37 PM
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. Does anyone have any experience with trim tabs / wakeplates on the X1? I just bought a 2002 X-Star, same hull as the X1, and would like to flatten out the wake if possible for slalom skiing. We came from a DD, so I'm not expecting the same performance. But I figured since its the same hull as the 1996-2000 Prostar 205 I might be able to do a little better than what we currently have.

We normally free ski between 32-36 MPH. We don't spend a lot of time surfing and it seems like thats we're most people see the advantage. Most of the threads I've seen concerning this were on X30s. I was just curious if anyone has any experience with the trim tab for my particular boat before I go and try a $1000 experiment. I'm not sure that we'll see much of a difference in the wake at 36 MPH.

Thanks in advance!

mccobmd
11-04-2011, 03:32 PM
I have a 2006 X1 and have researched the same possibility. I think it may help but not much at 36mph. I have found that if you put 400-700lbs in the bow it flattens the wake a little and softens it a lot. Still toying with the trim tab but I would have my dealer do it and don't think for me it will make 2600 dollars difference.

kskonn
11-04-2011, 05:27 PM
I have a 2006 X1 and have researched the same possibility. I think it may help but not much at 36mph. I have found that if you put 400-700lbs in the bow it flattens the wake a little and softens it a lot. Still toying with the trim tab but I would have my dealer do it and don't think for me it will make 2600 dollars difference.

2600? my dealer quoted 1500

swatguy
11-04-2011, 07:40 PM
I have also thought about this over and over again. Yet haven't pulled the trigger yet. The reason the ski wake is so different is cuz all the weight is in the rear. I was thinking the plate would help the ride when cruising and make the begiiner wakeboard wake a little less steep.