PDA

View Full Version : Waterskiing in Cabo San Lucas?

Turnandburn
11-03-2011, 06:06 PM
I will be spending 4 days in Cabo (at the Hilton Los Cabos Beach Resort) over Thanksgiving. Any decent waterskiing in Cabo? I do mean waterskiing, not wakeboarding. If not, what are the recommended "must do/see" attractions, bars and restaurants in Cabo assuming I decide to venture away from the fabulous Hilton resort.

jwardenjr
11-03-2011, 06:38 PM
I had my boat in Cabo for years and cant say I ever saw anyone water ski or wakeboard. Parasail is about as good as your going to get. This time of year the best thing to do is head to the Golden Gate and go marlin fishing you will see thousands of stripers all over. Its not uncommon to have a 6-12 catch and release day this time of year. The dorado fishing should also be good

pmkkdx
11-03-2011, 07:07 PM
I had my boat in Cabo for years and cant say I ever saw anyone water ski or wakeboard. Parasail is about as good as your going to get. This time of year the best thing to do is head to the Golden Gate and go marlin fishing you will see thousands of stripers all over. Its not uncommon to have a 6-12 catch and release day this time of year. The dorado fishing should also be good

sounds like Vegas ... or is that strippers? :rolleyes:

Jerseydave
11-03-2011, 07:56 PM
I've never been there, but you could hit Sammy Hagar's bar

http://www.cabowabocantina.com/

Dylan
11-03-2011, 09:04 PM
I will be spending 4 days in Cabo (at the Hilton Los Cabos Beach Resort) over Thanksgiving. Any decent waterskiing in Cabo? I do mean waterskiing, not wakeboarding. If not, what are the recommended "must do/see" attractions, bars and restaurants in Cabo assuming I decide to venture away from the fabulous Hilton resort.

We were just down there three weeks ago, and had a blast. I doubt you'd ever want to ski there, as the open ocean is fairly rough. Definitely go fishing! The Dorados are going off!

Willski
11-03-2011, 09:37 PM
Sounds like skiing may be out. I was gonna ask the same question about cozumel. Same story?

ntidsl
11-04-2011, 01:26 PM
There is a place not too far from Cabo...Jodi Fisher was there last winter instructing...do some searching on his website or twitter posts...he called me from down that way telling me to come down.

ntidsl
11-04-2011, 01:37 PM
There is a place not too far from Cabo...Jodi Fisher was there last winter instructing...do some searching on his website or twitter posts...he called me from down that way telling me to come down.

CoFooter
11-07-2011, 04:20 AM
I think that is on the mainland part of Mexico??/

I've seen guys wakeboarding off of Mendano beach behind a couple of I/O's that they have out there for hire. I suppose you could hire one to ski. Actually, it really is flat in the protected area really early in the AM.

Just got back from fishing the Bisbee tournament a couple of weeks ago. Very slow fishing that week, only four qualified (over 300 lb) blues weighed in. Did manage one catch and release and also caught some dinner, though (Dorado).

The week before it was good, and two weeks earlier someone caught the biggest Blue Marlin in Cabo history (1213 lbs).

aquaman
11-07-2011, 07:40 AM
Not so good for waterskiing.

There are several surf beaches that have a decent swell.

coz
11-07-2011, 07:54 AM
There are several surf beaches that have a decent swell.

That's the best advise yet! :headbang:

aquaman
11-07-2011, 09:19 AM
We were just down there three weeks ago, and had a blast. I doubt you'd ever want to ski there, as the open ocean is fairly rough. Definitely go fishing! The Dorados are going off!

dylan

with all the bad news coming out of mexico........ how are things going in Cabo?

i used to go often but have put the cabo trip on hold for a while due to the crime spree in mex.
:(

kjohnson
11-07-2011, 09:34 AM
Sounds like skiing may be out. I was gonna ask the same question about cozumel. Same story?

There is a place in Cancun (short ferry ride). I don't remember the name, but Google Cancun and waterskiing and you should find it. They have a ski school there.

Dylan
11-07-2011, 11:08 AM
dylan

with all the bad news coming out of mexico........ how are things going in Cabo?

i used to go often but have put the cabo trip on hold for a while due to the crime spree in mex.
:(

In my opinion, Cabo is the least of your worries. Like visiting any foreign country just use your head and don't allow yourself to get in any predicaments. When I was a kid we would tow a center console boat from San Diego down there every summer. Nowadays though, I would not.

LaRue
11-07-2011, 06:23 PM
my apologies if this is thread-jacking but didn't feel it was worth starting another thread with a similar questions. My wife and I are going to Sandals at Negril in Jamaica to celebrate our 20th and they advertise water skiing. Anyone been there? Wondering if skiing is really an option. I would think it would be rough. Anyway, my wife is worried that i will be skiing too much. :cool:

mikeg205
11-07-2011, 11:58 PM
if you really want to ski mexico - try http://www.waterskicancun.com/

a bit price but there's a great lagoon to ski in...too pricey for me... about $200 bucks for a run..but if you got it.. and want it...its there.. what is a lot o' fun is kite boarding....the trade winds can really get you going... I saw boarders doin' all sorts of tricks... and no worries of a tow boat or expense...$3K will get you some very nice gear...see if you can rent in Cabo...if you can wakeboard...you can kite board...