PDA

View Full Version : what are you using to clean your textured floor??

gts-20
11-02-2011, 06:19 PM
The floor of my '08 PS214 is textured under the snap out carpet. Since we have no water here in Texas to use the boat in, I have been cleaning it up and getting it ready to put away for the season.

What are you guys using to get the textured floors clean? I have tried the MC multipurpose cleaner, Babes boat bright, tuff stuff, glass cleaner, and a few others, but nothing gets the texture clean.

thanks in advance for your help

Sodar
11-02-2011, 08:24 PM
Go to west marine and buy Starbrite Non-skid deck cleaner. Use a brush (hand or pole) and a few drops of the cleaner. This stuff is awesome and melts away dirt and footprints that soap will not touch. It also has a protectant in it, since you cannot exactly wax non skid.

Thrall
11-04-2011, 09:01 PM
Turtle Wax Ice Spray wax works good for waxing the textured floor because it does not leave behind a white residue.
I actually use that stuff on everything now becasue it's so easy. Even on black paint or gel, all it takes is a light wipe with a dry towel to get the slight haze off. No worry about overspray on plastic or trim. Makes water bead on the windshield and lasts fairly well. 2-3X a year on the cars keeps water beading on the paint.

gts-20
11-05-2011, 11:36 AM
I took Sodar's advice and got the Starbrite non skid cleaner. Used it like he suggested, and it worked like magic.

thanks guys.