PDA

View Full Version : Accident rant

02ProstarSammyD
10-26-2011, 11:03 AM
So got rear ended this morning in the yukon. No injuries and my yuk just has some scratches. Guy goes freaking ballistic on me for half a mile cutting me off etc. I finally decided I've had enough, switch lanes, and stop. Guy cuts into my lane to try and pass yet another person and slams into the back of me.

I get a freaking ticket for "unsafe movement" for stopping before the stop light to avoid an accident

He gets a ticket for failure to stop and something else and now I have to go to court b/c the guy is a jackass driver. Only here can you get rear ended at 15mph 15' before a red light and be told its no bodies fault.

Then to top it off my insurance company offers to fix my car ahead of time for my deductible and if the other company decides to pay then I'll be reimbursed.

What happened to if you hit someone in the *** at 15mph you pay for it? Sometimes I wonder *** is going on this country. In some countries they would have castrated the guy or cut a foot off so he couldn't drive again and then I would have owned 6 of his best llamas. GAH /end rant

GT500 MC
10-26-2011, 11:14 AM
Sorry to hear that--bad way to start the day. Question is, did you get out and beat the guy's a**?

-V-
10-26-2011, 11:38 AM
or better yet, did the other guy total his car?

02ProstarSammyD
10-26-2011, 11:41 AM
No unfortunately I just got to chew his ***. the cops were there before I got to whip his ***. And now the winner...........he gave his insurance to the cops..........which is terminated. This keeps getting better!

His jeep looks like ***. Front end had smashed grill, broken lights etc. Looked pretty good :)

gatorguy
10-26-2011, 11:43 AM
I know how you feel. I've been rear ended or run into while parked in a parking lot about 8 times. A few with minimal damage, and some with a lot of damage including one totalled Grand Caravan (no big loss there) and one left me without my brand new suburban for 2months while it was fixed at the end of last summer. All were the other guys fault no questions asked. The real kicker is trying to collect when the suckers don't have insurance.

JimN
10-26-2011, 01:06 PM
And now the winner...........he gave his insurance to the cops..........which is terminated.

What does "he gave his insurance to the cops..........which is terminated" mean?

If the DOT has cameras all over the area, you may be able to get video proof that he was driving like an a$$hat. If you have uninsured/under-insured motorist insurance, you're covered. Go after him for the deductible in small claims court, if you want. Your insurance company will go after him for the rest. If your state has a mandatory auto insurance law, he may be fairly screwed, although he'll probably blame all of his problems on everyone else. Look him up on CCAP for your state- he probably CAN'T get insurance but you can make him pay for your loss.

02ProstarSammyD
10-26-2011, 01:31 PM
What does "he gave his insurance to the cops..........which is terminated" mean?

Turns out the guy gave his insurance card to the cops but the policy was canceled. The cops called him and he claims he just gave the wrong card so have the "updated" insurance info now. Too bad ive been on hold for an hour with no answer lol

Kyle
10-26-2011, 02:02 PM
So do you know where this a$$clown lives???
The updated insurance card should have an address on it.

Roll up to his house with 15 friends all driving trucks or motorcylcles and ring his bell. All you should get is a ticket from the sound of your pd.

captain planet
10-26-2011, 02:45 PM
My Suburban got rear ended last year. I demanded a new receiver even though it looked alright. A weld could have been cracked out of view and caused problems pulling my boat down the road....and I WASN'T going to let that happen.

02ProstarSammyD
10-26-2011, 05:30 PM
Well finally talked to his insurance company. Was actually a relief since mine sucked. Girl was apologetic and said while she had not talked to their customer if the accident report reflected that it was a rear end collision that they would take care of it. Having an estimator come out asap to look (sure that'll be an argument) but she said the damage sounded extensive for his car and if they were paying 1000's out on that it wasn't worth the problems if it was in fact a rear end accident to not fix mine.

She did not take too kindly to the fact that he flipped me off or was "late for work". I love southerners.

SkiDog
10-26-2011, 06:07 PM
I got rear ended last year, twice in the same day! My trailer ball put two nice holes in cheap plastic bumpers!:D

02ProstarSammyD
11-04-2011, 12:05 PM
going to pick up my check from cpt asshat at noon. I really want to thank him for the down payment on some new skins

rjracin240
11-04-2011, 12:33 PM
going to pick up my check from cpt asshat at noon. I really want to thank him for the down payment on some new skins

Always a silver lining to be found!!

1redTA
11-04-2011, 01:03 PM
make sure to get a check for diminished value

Thrall
11-04-2011, 01:32 PM

Hahaha, yeah I love the minimal damage rear enders that net you like $1500 for a $200 bumper off Craigslist.
Last guy bought me a new set of tires!

02ProstarSammyD
11-04-2011, 01:56 PM
yep just picked up a 600 dollar check..........and buffed out the scratch last night.

east tx skier
11-04-2011, 08:25 PM
I've got a friend who had some moron in an H3 back out of a parking space right into his nice 545i as he was driving by "at the speed at which a reasonably prudent person would drive." Allstate is trying to tell him that "because it happened in a parking lot, they presume some fault on his part and are trying to get him to take 80/20. Petition is already drafted in case, once he makes it up the chain of idiots at Allstate, this isn't a 100% her fault case. This guy had dreamed about this car for a long time and has had it for about 2 months before this happened. Gotta love the insurance canned responses on this one.

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
11-04-2011, 08:50 PM
My wife was visiting her mom today and the idiot that lives across the street backs into LFandLR door, dinging it up pretty good. She calls me in a frantic i tell her to call the police and get her insurance, the person doesn't give insurance but says her mom will pay for the damage. The MIL says not to make a scene because it's her neighbor, anyway i"m furious, no police no report no insurance!!! I go and get the car for my body shop to give an estimate. $1540, and thats at employee rate. I go imediately to the neighbor and give the estimate to them, they say it's to high and slams the door in my face. Judging by what their other cars look like they probably don't even have insurance. what to do??

Thrall
11-04-2011, 09:46 PM
You could do what I did to a guy who backed into my plow truck as I was driving by. Hadn't cleared the snow off his window. Mind you my truck was a rusted out POS (and I had a suspended license, like 20yrs ago). I asked him for $50 so I could go get a new door at the junk yard because this one was trashed. He told me to pound sand he was leaving for work, eff off basically. Asked him how he'd feel if someone hit and run on his nice GTO parked there on hte side of the street. He told me to eff off again. Rather than pound him and get arrested for driving on a susp license, I left.
Couple weeks later, back plowing snow in the same subdivision about 2 in the morning. Drove by, angled out the R side of my 8' Western plow and gave him some custom body work on the driver's side of the GTO!:D
Probably don't own a snow plow in Houston and aren't 19yrs old and don't give a f%^k, so maybe that wouldn't work in your case!

Thrall
11-04-2011, 09:57 PM
Or your wife could have done what mine did last yr. She got rear ended (that doesn't sound right!) during a snowstorm by "someone of ethnic descent" that looked like he may not have insurance. Called the cops, they wouldn't respond to a fender bender due to all the highway accidents, so my wife pulls in and blocks him in, in a parking lot where they pulled over. She suggested they exchange DL and ins info and when he gave her his lic and ins card, she hopped back in her truck and said "I'll hang onto this until my husband gets here to deal with you."
WOrked out fine because he actually had insurance, but she wasn't about to let him run off after banging up her truck. I think he was glad all he had to do was go to the police station with me to fill out a police report!

1redTA
11-04-2011, 10:37 PM
"ethnic descent" isn't politically correct, now days with the head turkey the term ethnically enhanced is the PC accepted term

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
11-05-2011, 09:41 AM
thrall, believe me I thought about restitution but I figured with my luck I'd get caught, so I walked away. FIL said last night that he would go over and speak to their new neighbors. They actually move in 3 weeks ago and they are from the land of obamas father, Kenya, so I'm probably screwed.

JimN
11-05-2011, 12:36 PM
My wife was visiting her mom today and the idiot that lives across the street backs into LFandLR door, dinging it up pretty good. She calls me in a frantic i tell her to call the police and get her insurance, the person doesn't give insurance but says her mom will pay for the damage. The MIL says not to make a scene because it's her neighbor, anyway i"m furious, no police no report no insurance!!! I go and get the car for my body shop to give an estimate. $1540, and thats at employee rate. I go imediately to the neighbor and give the estimate to them, they say it's to high and slams the door in my face. Judging by what their other cars look like they probably don't even have insurance. what to do??

Small claims court. Also, leaving the scene of an accident is a crime in some states. They can match the paint from what was left on your wife's car (if they want to). If your wife saw it happen, it becomes a case of "driver 1 vs driver 2" but at least SOMEONE saw it. If the car that hit your wife's is sometimes parked on the street, get the VIN and in any case, get the license plate # so you can report the car as having left the scene of an accident.

BTW- ask your MIL what kind of effin' neighbors she has if she's afraid to confront them about this.

JimN
11-05-2011, 12:38 PM
I've got a friend who had some moron in an H3 back out of a parking space right into his nice 545i as he was driving by "at the speed at which a reasonably prudent person would drive." Allstate is trying to tell him that "because it happened in a parking lot, they presume some fault on his part and are trying to get him to take 80/20. Petition is already drafted in case, once he makes it up the chain of idiots at Allstate, this isn't a 100% her fault case. This guy had dreamed about this car for a long time and has had it for about 2 months before this happened. Gotta love the insurance canned responses on this one.

Does this parking lot have security cameras, or is it close to a major intersection where the DOT/Homeland security cameras are mounted on the traffic lights?

east tx skier
11-05-2011, 08:52 PM
Does this parking lot have security cameras, or is it close to a major intersection where the DOT/Homeland security cameras are mounted on the traffic lights?

We were talking about that the other day. I don't think he moved quickly enough to get any security camera footage accident is a few weeks ago, but I'll suggest it again. I don't think any of the nearby DOT cameras would have caught it. He was a little too deep into the parking lot and it's a big one.

JimN
11-05-2011, 09:54 PM
We were talking about that the other day. I don't think he moved quickly enough to get any security camera footage accident is a few weeks ago, but I'll suggest it again. I don't think any of the nearby DOT cameras would have caught it. He was a little too deep into the parking lot and it's a big one.

Was this at a mall or other shopping center/business? They may have cameras that aren't conspicuous.

Thrall
11-06-2011, 01:42 AM
thrall, believe me I thought about restitution but I figured with my luck I'd get caught, so I walked away. FIL said last night that he would go over and speak to their new neighbors. They actually move in 3 weeks ago and they are from the land of obamas father, Kenya, so I'm probably screwed.

I was suggesting that tongue in cheek. Didn't really care when I was 19, but now would be a different story.

"Ethnicly enhanced"................hahahaha

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
11-06-2011, 04:37 PM
So i did got their insurance information today, The girl that hit my wifes car, her father wants me to tell the insurance people that the wife was driving because the wife is the only one covered on the policy, the girl, mom and their cars were conveniently not at their house today. Now they want me to comment insurance "fraud" This keeps getting better and better. Going to call their insurance in the morning and I will probably call my insurance agent as well and give him a heads up.

east tx skier
11-06-2011, 05:39 PM
Was this at a mall or other shopping center/business? They may have cameras that aren't conspicuous.

It was in a shopping center parking lot. I don't doubt they have cameras. What I'm skeptical about is whether they aren't just looped every 48--72 hours or so. I think he's going to check on Monday, but the concern is that the footage, if any, is no longer available.

east tx skier
11-06-2011, 05:40 PM
So i did got their insurance information today, The girl that hit my wifes car, her father wants me to tell the insurance people that the wife was driving because the wife is the only one covered on the policy, the girl, mom and their cars were conveniently not at their house today. Now they want me to comment insurance "fraud" This keeps getting better and better. Going to call their insurance in the morning and I will probably call my insurance agent as well and give him a heads up.

Most policies have permissive use coverage.

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
11-06-2011, 05:52 PM
Most policies have permissive use coverage.

I know, thats how my policies are written, but why would the father want me to say the mother was driving and not the daughter? Thats the $1500 dollar question.

east tx skier
11-07-2011, 11:17 AM
I know, thats how my policies are written, but why would the father want me to say the mother was driving and not the daughter? Thats the $1500 dollar question.

I don't know, but tell him whatever he wants to tell his insurance company is his business, but that you aren't going to lie to them for him. If he wants to keep that information from them, the best way for him to do that is to pay cash to have your vehicle repaired.

cbryan70
11-07-2011, 11:26 AM
They may have excluded the daughter from the policy?

scott023
11-07-2011, 11:56 AM
I don't know, but tell him whatever he wants to tell his insurance company is his business, but that you aren't going to lie to them for him. If he wants to keep that information from them, the best way for him to do that is to pay cash to have your vehicle repaired.

Seems this is his only option at this point.

Thrall
11-07-2011, 01:01 PM
They may have excluded the daughter from the policy?

Yes, that would override permissive use.

east tx skier
11-07-2011, 03:33 PM
Seems this is his only option at this point.

Yeah, that, plus suing the daughter. Always fun.

scott023
11-07-2011, 03:43 PM
Yeah, that, plus suing the daughter. Always fun.

What a complete PITA.:(

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
11-07-2011, 10:13 PM
I called their insurance company. The policy is good and I started a claim, I answered the customer service rep questions which were somewhat broad and generic, the rep never asked who was driving so I didn't say, don't know if thats the correct thing to do but I kept the answers short and to the point. An adjuster is going to contact me within a few days to proceed. If the adjuster asked me for more details I will answer more elaborately. I figure this was my best course of action at this point, since the people that hit my car didn't want to pay me directly.

east tx skier
11-08-2011, 12:14 PM
What a complete PITA.:(

Indeed. Last resort for sure and probably, even then, not worth the trouble unless you have the advantage of not having to pay a lawyer.

Kyle
11-08-2011, 12:43 PM
James
I would continue to tell the insurance company the truth but not going into details. Yes no answers and no elaborate responses. All you want is your car fixed and not having to pay out of your pocket. If you get into deep with who was driving then the claim could be rejected and your stuck claiming uninsured motorist on your insurance. This could cause your premiums to go up. The police report would have already screwed you. Your insurance would be paying for repairs and your money would be paying for the deductible and the daughter may have gotten a ticket at most. Just keep calm and make the issue go away.

If you want to get the neighbors back then go over in the middle of the night with a fertilizer spreader and spread bird seed all over their lawn. It will grow maze and the father will be cutting his lawn 3 times a week all year. I just got back from H town Sunday and the grass is still green down there. Spread it now. Also throw in a good bunch of winter rye so he has to mow all winter too. It will be a thick weeded up mother.

Kyle
11-08-2011, 12:49 PM
"someone of ethnic descent"

I flat out lmfao every time I read this part of the thread.

Thrall
11-08-2011, 01:03 PM
I flat out lmfao every time I read this part of the thread.

hahaha, apparently I'm not PC even whan trying to be!
Shoulda seen the guy when I showed up. He was crapping his pants and apologizing all over the place. " I sorry, I sorry, my insurance pay."

Kyle
11-08-2011, 01:13 PM
hahaha, apparently I'm not PC even whan trying to be!
Shoulda seen the guy when I showed up. He was crapping his pants and apologizing all over the place. " I sorry, I sorry, my insurance pay."

Sounds like the guy was not the "fried chicken" type like I expected. Maybe from the way you quoted him, he was more of the "enchilada" type or "fried rice" type.

Thrall
11-08-2011, 04:40 PM
Enchilada.

Kyle
11-08-2011, 06:06 PM
Enchilada.

Enough Said :D

east tx skier
11-08-2011, 06:43 PM
James
I would continue to tell the insurance company the truth but not going into details. Yes no answers and no elaborate responses. All you want is your car fixed and not having to pay out of your pocket. If you get into deep with who was driving then the claim could be rejected and your stuck claiming uninsured motorist on your insurance. This could cause your premiums to go up. The police report would have already screwed you. Your insurance would be paying for repairs and your money would be paying for the deductible and the daughter may have gotten a ticket at most. Just keep calm and make the issue go away.

Yes, tell them as little as possible. "I don't want to give a statement at this time since I am still conducting my own investigation" is a nice way to put it.

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
11-09-2011, 09:05 PM
The adjuster called me today, had to take the car to their pro shop for a new estimate(which I expected), And the adjusted said she needs a statement from the policy holder, the adjuster has not been able to contact them, insurance lady said they tried 3 numbers all were not answered, she cannot proceed without a statement from them. I am going to call them myself tonight and see where this goes. does the gangsta wanna come down to h-town to help me sort this thing out:rolleyes:

Kyle
11-09-2011, 09:53 PM
I am going to call them myself tonight and see where this goes. does the gangsta wanna come down to h-town to help me sort this thing out:rolleyes:

James I would love to come to H Town............BUT...........you see there is a dilemma.

You said that these individuals are (let's say for "politically correct" reasons) from "Obama Nation or Kenya" so basically "Ethnic Desent". Thus making the drive down to lend you a hand would be asking me to help you in a "Hate Crime", and I will be NOT willing to participate in that. :D :D :D

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
11-10-2011, 08:27 PM
My claim was approved, check is in the mail, and we get a rent car out of the deal. It all worked out but it shouldn't have taken this long, the wife now knows better...

east tx skier
11-10-2011, 08:30 PM
My buddy finally got Allstate to cop to 100%, rent car, and car seats. He will have to fight them on diminution of value, but that shouldn't be too hard since he has a recent prepurchase inspection and can get the BMW tuner to sign an affidavit over value after accident. Not to say it won't end up in court, but at least he is good on the repair.

Kyle
11-11-2011, 12:40 PM
My claim was approved, check is in the mail.

I've heard that one before.

Hopefully if comes quick instead of waiting another week for processing and another 3 for the mail carrier to pick it up and walk it do your house!!!