PDA

View Full Version : Transmision cooling hose...

agarabaghi
10-25-2011, 04:55 PM
I know im suppose to clean this out everyonce in a while, but im not sure where it is on this mcx motor.

Usually sea grass and weeds get caught up in it, and i just wanted to check mine.... thanks!

Im assuming is that black hose coming off the transmission going up with a pipe clamp on the bottom?

gotta_ski
10-26-2011, 06:54 PM
There is a fat hose coming off the bottom of the boat beside the transmission. That's the water intake. Follow that up til you come to a black piece of metal tubing about 7 inches long (ish) with two small lines running to it. This should be on the port side of the motor. That is your cooler. Leave the small lines alone unless you want to spread tranny fluid around on your carpet. Take off the large hose coming from the boat bottom (the intake hose) and look in there. I find its easier to take the hose off the other end too and remove the bracket so I can rotate it and get a light behind it rather than contort my head around. I don't have a pic handy, but I'm sure someone else does.

I should mention that if you do this in the water you need to be careful with that hose coming from the boat bottom. let it fall it below the waterline and water comes inside the boat. Good luck!!

Cloaked
10-26-2011, 07:07 PM
Exactly....

The perferated type screen on each end of the cooler is where you'll be checking. Otherwise, as previous poster stated, don't mess with the fluid lines.

If your cooler is vertical, remove the lower hose to drain for winter prep.