PDA

View Full Version : Windshield Removal???

DrJ
08-05-2005, 10:41 AM
I have two speakers on the dash of my 1996 prostar 190. They are very far forward and have been screwed on from the top. There is no way to remove them without removing the windshield or the glass. Has anyone done this? What is my best bet, glass removal or entire windshield frame removal? Thanks for any help.

east tx skier
08-05-2005, 10:46 AM
I would think frame and all. Got any pictures?

G-man
08-05-2005, 10:55 AM
Before you remove the frame and all get one of the screw drivers Sears sells with the 90 degree bend in it. It won't be quick but it might work.
They also sell some srew driver that are inch or two tall. They are made to go into rachet wrench but work as a finger screw driver

DrJ
08-05-2005, 10:58 AM
The 90 degree works for only one of the screws. The other 3 are to close to the glass. But good idea. Thanks.

RickDV
08-05-2005, 12:02 PM
The 90 degree works for only one of the screws. The other 3 are to close to the glass. But good idea. Thanks.

Check under the speaker. If they are bolts with nuts you may be able to back off the nuts from the underside.

JEREMY79
08-05-2005, 12:07 PM
try one of the removeable bits that you can put into a handle. Use like a pair of vice grips to get it loose then you can do it with your fingers.

Hunterb
08-23-2005, 02:08 PM
HI,

If you haven't already sorted this out it is quite easy to remove the windshield glass, at least on a 1990 PS 190 it is. I had mine out last week to replace the vinyl seal that goes around the outside. All I had to do was remove the screws on each end of the top frame on the windshield, remove the aluminum frame and pull the windshield up. I had the windshield out, new vinyl installed and the windshield back in and it took about 45 minutes. Watch out, they are heavy !!

Bruce