PDA

View Full Version : Lions, Tigers, and Bears oh my

captain planet
10-19-2011, 02:19 PM
Ahhhh, gotta love Ohio.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44953925/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/?GT1=43001

I have a guy at a site not far from here today......he is asking for hazard pay today! :)

thatsmrmastercraft
10-19-2011, 02:38 PM
Good grief:confused: That is why these animals should only be at a real zoo.

captain planet
10-19-2011, 03:16 PM
Hey, there is only a mountain lion, grizzley bear, and a monkey still at large at this point.

thatsmrmastercraft
10-19-2011, 03:18 PM
Hey, there is only a mountain lion, grizzley bear, and a monkey still at large at this point.

This sounds more like a Wisconsin thing. Just sayin'

nauti-dreamer
10-19-2011, 03:23 PM
Is this a common theme for "thatsmrmastercraft"? to relate everything funny back to WI? Either your from here or you're greatly envious of all cool things Wisconsin.

??

As for Mountain Lions on the loose...yes we do. Only the DNR won't admit it. Grizzly Bears....not so much but plenty of other bears. And the Monkey's.....um um um.....too damn cold!

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
10-19-2011, 03:27 PM
Cheetahs are also on the loose...

thatsmrmastercraft
10-19-2011, 03:35 PM
Is this a common theme for "thatsmrmastercraft"? to relate everything funny back to WI? Either your from here or you're greatly envious of all cool things Wisconsin.

No direct offense intended. Both my parents were from the land of cheese and I have lots of relatives there as well. I also spend quite a bit of time there. Just something about the state that opens itself to be the butt of some of my humor. Maybe it has something to do with the huge quantities of beer consumed there:rolleyes::D:D

scott023
10-19-2011, 04:08 PM

??

As for Mountain Lions on the loose...yes we do. Only the DNR won't admit it. Grizzly Bears....not so much but plenty of other bears. And the Monkey's.....um um um.....too damn cold!

Is it common for people from Wisconsin to be so sensitive? :confused::D:D

nauti-dreamer
10-19-2011, 04:46 PM
None taken...In fact I would endorse many of your claims.

Well played Scott023....on the contrary...eh! Actually I was merely trying to set my frame of reference while reading posts by "TMMC"...eh. I figured he had to have some family connection or always secretly wished he was a Wisconsonite....eh.

lol...eh

thatsmrmastercraft
10-19-2011, 04:57 PM

Well played Scott023....on the contrary...eh! Actually I was merely trying to set my frame of reference while reading posts by "TMMC"...eh. I figured he had to have some family connection or always secretly wished he was a Wisconsonite....eh.

lol...eh

Well done, sir.:purplaugh:purplaugh:purplaugh

thatsmrmastercraft
10-19-2011, 04:57 PM
Is it common for people from Wisconsin to be so sensitive? :confused::D:D

Only when hung-over.:rolleyes:

scott023
10-19-2011, 05:02 PM

lol...eh

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

WE don't all say "eh" up here, just like not everyone in Wisconsin thinks ketchup is too spicy. ;):D

2RLAKE
10-19-2011, 06:45 PM
i volunteer to go hunt them when i get back from Asia Saturday ....

GT500 MC
10-19-2011, 06:48 PM
i volunteer to go hunt them when i get back from Asia Saturday ....

I think they'll all be made into jerky by Saturday...heard there were only three remaining alive. Bad deal.

Double D
10-19-2011, 08:47 PM
This sounds more like a Wisconsin thing. Just sayin'

Now that really makes me laugh because I was traveling around Chicago and Milwaukee (Wisconsin) today and this was the top news story, and how the kids got off school for the day.

Sent from Never Neverland using my iPhone 4 on Tapatalk

thatsmrmastercraft
10-19-2011, 11:29 PM
Now that really makes me laugh because I was traveling around Chicago and Milwaukee (Wisconsin) today and this was the top news story, and how the kids got off school for the day.

Sent from Never Neverland using my iPhone 4 on Tapatalk

Is there another Milwaukee that one could be confused with???

Turns out there is a Milwaukee in North Carolina, Oregon and Idaho as well. Learned something new today.

Double D
10-20-2011, 12:03 AM
Is there another Milwaukee that one could be confused with???

Turns out there is a Milwaukee in North Carolina, Oregon and Idaho as well. Learned something new today.

Just clarifying for the "geography challenged". :D

thatsmrmastercraft
10-20-2011, 01:48 AM
Just clarifying for the "geography challenged". :D

Always a good plan here.:rolleyes:

Kyle
10-20-2011, 02:16 AM
Ok I am still not understanding why they killed so many animals. That is rediculous. They had to be close together and not too far away from home. To kill so many animals in like a day n a half means they didn't have to search too hard.

I'm all about hunting and have lots of guns. I'm against killing animals just to kill them. A helicopter and tranquilizers could have been used and a zoo could have adopted the animals. someone could have done something a little more humane than kill to kill.

How they handled things was like killing an immature buck just to get some horns and a pic. Sometimes you got to think with your head and be patient.

These animals were not chasing people or in anyone's backyard like what happens frequently in Colorado with bears that are relocated. One got hit my a car and the rest were shot. I hope the wolf gets away and dies on his own verses getting killed.

DJ 50
10-20-2011, 07:01 AM
These animals were not chasing people or in anyone's backyard like what happens frequently in Colorado with bears that are relocated. One got hit my a car and the rest were shot. I hope the wolf gets away and dies on his own verses getting killed.

They wern't chasing people yet. I love animals and all but I'm sorry. If I lived there I would not want to take any chances of them wondering around. Shooting them and killing them was probably the fastest thing to do. If they waited to get the proper equipment to trap them I'm guessing that would have taken time and the animals would have been much more spread out and harder to contain. Sad situation but the right course of action if you ask me.

captain planet
10-20-2011, 10:12 AM
They wern't chasing people yet. I love animals and all but I'm sorry. If I lived there I would not want to take any chances of them wondering around. Shooting them and killing them was probably the fastest thing to do. If they waited to get the proper equipment to trap them I'm guessing that would have taken time and the animals would have been much more spread out and harder to contain. Sad situation but the right course of action if you ask me.

Agreed, they kind of had their hands tied. Darkness was falling, they had like 18 big cats (lions, tigers, etc.) and over 12 bears that were basically roaming this property free that had no real security. Once some of the animals started to go off the property they had to act to protect public safety. Sad situation all around.

nauti-dreamer
10-20-2011, 10:13 AM
I think this article pretty much sums it up on the motivation to act with deadly force.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/10/20/national/main20123004.shtml

I'm a hunter myself and I do view the attached image as disheartening. However, I think it's more productive to support our law enforcement for acting in good faith to protect the public as opposed to criticising them (as so much of the media has done). I'd like to see any one of those PETA reps standing in front of a pissed off Bengal Tiger that's roaring and charging and see if they really think hugs and kisses will sooth the frightened animal.

scott023
10-20-2011, 10:18 AM
I really don't see any other options than what the authorities did. Public safety has to be the number one concern, and those animals on the prowl certainly would have lead to problems.

thatsmrmastercraft
10-20-2011, 10:57 AM
Ok I am still not understanding why they killed so many animals. That is rediculous. They had to be close together and not too far away from home. To kill so many animals in like a day n a half means they didn't have to search too hard.

I'm all about hunting and have lots of guns. I'm against killing animals just to kill them. A helicopter and tranquilizers could have been used and a zoo could have adopted the animals. someone could have done something a little more humane than kill to kill.

How they handled things was like killing an immature buck just to get some horns and a pic. Sometimes you got to think with your head and be patient.

The choice was really quite simple: people or animals. I suspect that you could not find a zoo with a rapid response team that had experience shooting darts out of a helicopter.

Patience was simply not an option. Once darkness fell, the animals would now completely have the advantage and could pretty much have free reign.

Should the wolf escape, he will surely die of starvation or being hit by a car. Zoo animals are seldom trapped adult wild animals. The wolf wouldn't have the know how to kill for himself. He was used to meat being put into his bowl on a daily basis.

ahhudgins
10-23-2011, 09:13 PM
What a horrible waste of beautiful animals.