PDA

View Full Version : un freaking believable !!!!!

milkmania
10-15-2011, 08:40 PM
"hell in a handbasket"

reversible box :rolleyes:

ahhudgins
10-15-2011, 09:17 PM
They'rrrrrrrrre Great! :rolleyes:

I don't see why they need to do that, we give them a free education any way.

thatsmrmastercraft
10-15-2011, 10:26 PM
Just when you think you've seen it all.:confused:

mikeg205
10-15-2011, 10:52 PM
press 1 for english

CantRepeat
10-15-2011, 10:57 PM
It's a melting pot, we've been one every since Ellis Island opened up. Get used to it.

dos mas cervezas por favor

mikeg205
10-15-2011, 10:59 PM
ok...press 1 for ski nautique....

mikeg205
10-15-2011, 11:04 PM
actually we are more of a salad bowl metaphor now...the melting pot metaphor was used during the time of ellis island becuase all the different cultures melted into one homogeneous society...same language etc... much different these days...my parents immigrants from Poland... no frosted flakes branded as "czeklodowe oplatky"...

woobiedmd
10-16-2011, 08:42 AM
It must be us old folks. I showed it to my high school sons and they didn't think anything of it. I'm with you guys- come to America and learn to speak American, that's what my dad did when he came through Ellis Island in the early 1950's.:)

93Prostar190
10-16-2011, 09:00 AM
I agree learn, English , that applies to many folks living anywhere and born anywhere, but also ... Learn another language to make yourself more relevant in today's ever shrinking world.

English, Spanish, French, and other languages all have words ..... I find that speaking more than English has helped my career, and sense of humor. A Spanish cereal box does not in any way impact my perception of anything.... I visit other countries and find English items, ads everywhere.

I suggest learning the the term "hit it!" in more than one language so you can always ski no matter where you may be.

See you on the agua!

CantRepeat
10-16-2011, 09:32 AM
actually we are more of a salad bowl metaphor now...the melting pot metaphor was used during the time of ellis island becuase all the different cultures melted into one homogeneous society...same language etc... much different these days...my parents immigrants from Poland... no frosted flakes branded as "czeklodowe oplatky"...

There were entire communities of immigrants that never learned English back then. Moreover, you can still find many of those communities just as they were back then. Granted the longer they are here the more they assimilate to the US.

Life is too short and too much fun to get work up over a bilingual cereal box. hahaha

medicmoose
10-16-2011, 09:36 AM
It must be us old folks. I showed it to my high school sons and they didn't think anything of it. I'm with you guys- come to America and learn to speak American, that's what my dad did when he came through Ellis Island in the early 1950's.:)

Learn to speak American? Is that like learning to speak Canadian.....eh?

psychobilly
10-16-2011, 11:27 AM
There were entire communities of immigrants that never learned English back then. Moreover, you can still find many of those communities just as they were back then. Granted the longer they are here the more they assimilate to the US.

Life is too short and too much fun to get work up over a bilingual cereal box. hahaha

I think they should make the box with 8 sides so they can put more languages on it! I'm offended they don't have Fang on it!!!

stars83stripes
10-16-2011, 11:58 AM
I only eat cereals printed in Klingon.

Footin
10-16-2011, 12:22 PM
I press 2 for spanish, the people that then answer the phone speak english also, it faster that waiting after pressing 1.

CantRepeat
10-16-2011, 12:30 PM
I press 2 for spanish, the people that then answer the phone speak english also, it faster that waiting after pressing 1.

BRILLIANT!!

ProTour X9
10-16-2011, 12:42 PM
Malibu has Axis...;)

dfd22120
10-16-2011, 12:53 PM
What is more concerning to me about the picture is the fact that it is a product of Mexico. More American compaines outsourcing jobs to Mexico. Kellogg's is a company founded in Michigan now importing cereal from Mexico.

mikeg205
10-16-2011, 01:27 PM
Product of mexico...hmmm... how how about pouring dos equis on the choclate frosted flakes....stay greeeeaaat my friends...

milkmania
10-16-2011, 02:04 PM
What is more concerning to me about the picture is the fact that it is a product of Mexico. More American compaines outsourcing jobs to Mexico. Kellogg's is a company founded in Michigan now importing cereal from Mexico.

Product of mexico...hmmm... how how about pouring dos equis on the choclate frosted flakes....stay greeeeaaat my friends...

Tony says it's GREEEAT to help other countries with jobs :rolleyes:

CantRepeat
10-16-2011, 03:45 PM
Well, if more Americans and unions didn't force more companies to outsource to mexico because they want 40 bucks an hour and a free ride on medical and dental for pushing 3 buttons on an assembly line those jobs would still be American. Short of that we'd all have the *** because a box of puffs cost $15 bucks.

No one to blame other then Americans.

O2BESOHUGE
10-16-2011, 04:45 PM
I Think Thats Bull SH IT....if You Come To America, Learn The Language. Its Simple As That. If You Wanted To Keep Speaking Your Language - Stay In Your Country!

When Our Founding Fathers Meant "freedom Of Speech"
It Didnt Mean "press One For English"!!!

IF YOU WANT TO COME TO AMERICA, DO IT THE RIGHT WAY AND BE AN AMERICAN. SPEAK THE LANGUAGE.

Double D
10-16-2011, 05:47 PM
I Think Thats Bull SH IT....if You Come To America, Learn The Language. Its Simple As That. If You Wanted To Keep Speaking Your Language - Stay In Your Country!

IF YOU WANT TO COME TO AMERICA, DO IT THE RIGHT WAY AND BE AN AMERICAN. SPEAK THE LANGUAGE.

Yep, I agree with that. If I planned to live in a different country I would learn the language of that country, not expect them to change for me. Just sayin....

bbymgr
10-16-2011, 05:56 PM

Ding Ding Ding Ding.....................We have a winner!!!! I couldn't agree more. CantRepeat.....you are absolutely correct, many people never learned English from years ago.....that was their choice and I respect that. My position is that they also didn't expect people to start putting their language on products or services so that they could understand. That is what is BS about the whole situation. Newer immigrants expect society to adapt to them.

woobiedmd
10-16-2011, 08:39 PM
Great quote about outsourcing. My "99 Suburban was proudly built in Wisconsin, my current one "was assembled in Mexico"- What does that mean?

medicmoose
10-16-2011, 09:02 PM

Not to stir the pot but.....I wonder if this is what the natives thought when all those brits came over???

milkmania
10-16-2011, 09:07 PM
interesting........

Kellogg Mexico To Expand Its Operations

BATTLE CREEK, Mich., Mar 22, 2004 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX/ -- Kellogg Company today announced the beginning of construction of a new production facility in Toluca, State of Mexico, to be part of the Kellogg Mexico system.
The Toluca facility will be the Company's third manufacturing operation in Mexico, and is in direct response to its strong sales of wholesome snacks in Mexico.

Arturo Montiel Rojas, governor of the State of Mexico, placed the first stone at the new facility, accompanied by Carlos Gutierrez, chairman and chief executive officer, Kellogg Company, Gustavo Martinez, president, Kellogg Latin America and senior vice president, Kellogg Company, and Juan Pablo Villalobos, vice president, Kellogg Company and managing director, Kellogg Company Mexico.
Mr. Gutierrez said, "Since 1951, when we built our first manufacturing facility in Mexico, we have experienced outstanding growth. This project extends our capability to offer Mexican consumers innovative products of the highest quality and wholesome nutritional value."

"The State of Mexico's economic and industrial growth, and its proximity to key markets, represent an excellent opportunity for the further expansion of our business," said Juan Pablo Villalobos.

About Kellogg Company With 2003 sales of almost $9 billion, Kellogg Company (NYSE: K) is the world's leading producer of cereal and a leading producer of convenience foods such as cereal bars, frozen waffles, toaster pastries, cookies, and crackers. The company also produces natural and vegetarian foods. Founded in 1906 and dedicated to providing nutritious, good-tasting foods, Kellogg has manufacturing facilities in 17 countries and sells its products in more than 180 countries. Kellogg brands include Kellogg's, Keebler, Pop-Tarts, Eggo, Nutri-Grain, Cheez-It, Morningstar Farms, and Kashi. For more information, visit www.kelloggs.com (http://www.kelloggs.com) .
Forward-Looking Statements Disclosure This news release contains forward-looking statements related to business performance.

Actual performance may differ materially from these statements due to factors related to the substantial amount of indebtedness incurred to finance the Keebler Foods acquisition (which could, among other things, hinder the company's ability to adjust rapidly, make the company more vulnerable to a downturn, and place the company at a competitive disadvantage to less- leveraged companies); competitive conditions and their impact; the effectiveness of advertising, pricing and promotional spending; the success of productivity improvements and business transitions; the success of innovation and new product introductions; the recoverability of the carrying value of goodwill and other intangibles; the availability of and interest rates on short-term financing; commodity and energy prices and labor costs; actual market performance of benefit plan trust investments; the levels of spending on systems initiatives, properties, business opportunities, integration of acquired businesses; changes in consumer behavior and preferences; U.S., Mexican and foreign economic factors such as interest rates, statutory tax rates, and foreign currency conversions or unavailability; legal and regulatory factors; business disruption or other losses from terrorist acts or political unrest; and other factors.
SOURCE Kellogg Company

milkmania
10-16-2011, 09:11 PM
I had no idea.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kellogg_Company

CantRepeat
10-16-2011, 09:17 PM
It's like talking to my brother's kids in here sometimes!

milkmania
10-16-2011, 09:23 PM
perhaps not everyone knows as much as you :confused:

I actually learned something from this thread, didn't know Kelloggs was global.

CantRepeat
10-16-2011, 09:31 PM

Then like most politicians you should not post rhetoric BS until you know the whole truth?? Seems like it was your issue and not ours/America?

mikeg205
10-16-2011, 11:05 PM
tequila para mi y cervesa para mi caballo.....coco zucharitas son para bebes

sorry could not resist.

CantRepeat
10-16-2011, 11:07 PM
tequila para mi y cervesa para mi caballo.....coco zucharitas son para bebes

sorry could not resist.

I hear ya.

Para sus caballos Recomiendo whisky!

mikeg205
10-16-2011, 11:09 PM
un bourbon...un scotch...una cerveasa....(guitar riff.....)

CantRepeat
10-16-2011, 11:12 PM
un bourbon...un scotch...una cerveasa....(guitar riff.....)

Dos!!

Now I ain't seen my baby since I don't know when!!

coz
10-16-2011, 11:30 PM
They'rrrrrrrrre Great! :rolleyes:

You mean?..........Son Grrrrrandes! http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_B1MFnV0Dsvc/RpYmXYAf3oI/AAAAAAAAAGU/tX4zmbfUqTo/s1600/tonytiger.gif

thatsmrmastercraft
10-16-2011, 11:42 PM
Then like most politicians you should not post rhetoric BS until you know the whole truth?? Seems like it was your issue and not ours/America?

It we all followed that, there would only be 10% of the posts on this forum.:rolleyes:

scott023
10-17-2011, 10:12 AM
Ha, we have to live with english and french on packaging for my whole life. I guess a person gets used to it after 32 years. :rotf:

aquaman
10-17-2011, 10:29 AM
borders, language, culture.

english should be made the official language......otherwise we will have dual language like canada. :(

rjracin240
10-17-2011, 01:18 PM

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

aquaman
10-17-2011, 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by milkmania
perhaps not everyone knows as much as you

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat

now that's Inciteful. :D

Jorski
10-17-2011, 02:16 PM
otherwise we will have dual language like canada

Oh...the horror!:cool:

shepherd
10-17-2011, 07:22 PM
i like lucky charms

ProTour X9
10-17-2011, 09:21 PM
Poor Mexicans having to have English marked on their boxes...at least they have an official language... :popcorn:

mikeg205
10-17-2011, 10:06 PM
Still remember imported products being branded and labled in their native language and only saw bi-lingual branded product up in Canada...When traveling thru europe and the Japan once you were out of the tourist area...you better know the language...hence why I can order beer in at least 20 languages......."beeru kudasai".... okay 19 to go...

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
10-17-2011, 11:32 PM
will this get you bothered?
Students in a Texas public school were made to stand up and recite the Mexican national anthem and Mexican pledge of allegiance

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/blaze-exclusive-tx-high-school-students-made-to-recite-mexican-national-anthem-pledge-of-allegiance/

ahhudgins
10-17-2011, 11:57 PM
will this get you bothered?
Students in a Texas public school were made to stand up and recite the Mexican national anthem and Mexican pledge of allegiance

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/blaze-exclusive-tx-high-school-students-made-to-recite-mexican-national-anthem-pledge-of-allegiance/

Naaaa, doesn't bother me since it was an assignment for Spanish class. What does bother me is the stories I've read about your state (and California) that it's a requirement for some police officers to able to speak Spanish. I just find it odd that people can live and work in America and never learn English, but then a police officer is required to speak Spanish in order to be employed. :confused:

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
10-18-2011, 12:12 AM
Naaaa, doesn't bother me since it was an assignment for Spanish class. What does bother me is the stories I've read about your state (and California) that it's a requirement for some police officers to able to speak Spanish. I just find it odd that people can live and work in America and never learn English, but then a police officer is required to speak Spanish in order to be employed. :confused:

Its not just police but all facets of local government, bilengual applicants get favorable treatment,

bbymgr
10-18-2011, 06:47 AM
Anyone been to Geno's in South Philly? I love this sign he has hanging up.

Jorski
10-18-2011, 12:36 PM
xen·o·pho·bi·a   /ˌzɛnəˈfoʊbiə, ˌzinə-/ Show Spelled[zen-uh-foh-bee-uh, zee-nuh-]

noun
an unreasonable fear or hatred of foreigners or strangers or of that which is foreign or strange. ;)

ahhudgins
10-18-2011, 02:00 PM
xen·o·pho·bi·a   /ˌzɛnəˈfoʊbiə, ˌzinə-/ Show Spelled[zen-uh-foh-bee-uh, zee-nuh-]

noun
an unreasonable fear or hatred of foreigners or strangers or of that which is foreign or strange. ;)

I’m in favor of immigration…..LEGAL immigration. Instead of building a fence along our southern boarder we should provide high speed rail straight to Canada. Then let’s see how long it takes before our northern neighbors start complaining about the drain on THEIR system. It’s not a “…fear or hatred…” it’s people breaking the law and benefiting from my tax dollars, then my government sends me a letter stating that I will have to work until I’m 68 in order to receive 75% of my benefits (If I’m lucky).

Jorski
10-18-2011, 02:04 PM
What does any of that have to do with a bilingual cereal box?:confused:

ahhudgins
10-18-2011, 02:27 PM
What does any of that have to do with a bilingual cereal box?:confused:

If you read all of the comments in the post, the answer is simple. The cereal box doesn’t really concern me; it’s just a very (very) small sign of the accommodations that are being made. Some of which include free schooling, free healthcare, and in-state college tuition for kids of illegal immigrants. It keeps going, and going, and going....

I will no longer eat at our local Mexican restaurant after I noticed how they work the cash register. Clients who paid with credit and debit cards were rang up as usual. With cash customers they hit the “no sale” key and stuffed the cash in the drawer. I’d guess 50% of their income was tax-free. It's not fear, it's just a little anger.

-V-
10-18-2011, 02:43 PM
What i hate are the "green" wal-marts. Back in Texas near San Antonio, they had a "green" wal-mart, not the normal blue one. When i walked in i heard, " bueno, (something in spanish) eh wal-mart" all the signs were in spanis and no one spoke english, i went through 13 people before i got someone that spoke english!!!!!! this is AMERICA, i am not going to #&$*($*($ press one for english, you should have to speak it!!!!

Jorski
10-18-2011, 02:49 PM
Clients who paid with credit and debit cards were rang up as usual. With cash customers they hit the “no sale” key and stuffed the cash in the drawer. I’d guess 50% of their income was tax-free.

Are the restaurant owners illegals??? That would be a pretty dumb way to hide.

Think that only happens in "mexican" restaurants?

Just sayin'.

lettmeknow
10-18-2011, 03:03 PM
Well, if more Americans and unions didn't force more companies to outsource to mexico because they want 40 bucks an hour and a free ride on medical and dental for pushing 3 buttons on an assembly line those jobs would still be American. Short of that we'd all have the *** because a box of puffs cost $15 bucks.

No one to blame other then Americans.

Couldn't agree with you more! People are so quick to blame companies for outsourcing. You need to blame yourself if thats all your gonna do is complain. Running a business from small to large gets harder and harder everyday. Labores want more money, more benefits , wanna collect un employment, under employment, file fraudelent workmans comp claims and so on.Meanwhile every government agency wants a cut and continuesly raise fees and create more red tape. I can't outsource what I do, but if I could I probably would !

lettmeknow
10-18-2011, 03:12 PM

Wow, you claim to be old and think American is a language! Haha such ingorance. I love it when I ask someone what their nationality is and they answer " I'm white". I answer with oh really, " Where is the counrty of White?" :confused:

medicmoose
10-18-2011, 05:55 PM
I’m in favor of immigration…..LEGAL immigration. Instead of building a fence along our southern boarder we should provide high speed rail straight to Canada. Then let’s see how long it takes before our northern neighbors start complaining about the drain on THEIR system. It’s not a “…fear or hatred…” it’s people breaking the law and benefiting from my tax dollars, then my government sends me a letter stating that I will have to work until I’m 68 in order to receive 75% of my benefits (If I’m lucky).

We have our issues with immigrants here as well....no need to help us out. Ours just end up coming by a long boat ride rather than a quick run across the line.

Some of our immigrants went one step further than just the language on a cereal box...they got to change the uniform of our national police force to include non-issue head gear. Man were we weak on that issue!!

scott023
10-18-2011, 06:13 PM
We have our issues with immigrants here as well....no need to help us out. Ours just end up coming by a long boat ride rather than a quick run across the line.

Some of our immigrants went one step further than just the language on a cereal box...they got to change the uniform of our national police force to include non-issue head gear. Man were we weak on that issue!!

Don't get me started on that BS. :mad::mad::mad:

ahhudgins
10-18-2011, 06:31 PM
...Meanwhile every government agency wants a cut and continuesly raise fees and create more red tape. I can't outsource what I do, but if I could I probably would !

Thank you, thank you, and thank you. I tried to start a small business at home several years ago and I dotted every "I" and crossed every "T". After 3 years I gave it up because it seemed like every time I turned around I was getting a bill in the mail from another government agency wanting to collect another fee. It was only a part time business and after I paid my taxes, liability insurance, and fees, I was only pocketing 25% of what I brought in. So yes, I'm a little bitter about anyone who comes into this country and doesn't follow the same rules that are applied to me. Our government is creating these problems and won't fix it!! I think my head is going to explode.

ahhudgins
10-18-2011, 06:32 PM
Don't get me started on that BS. :mad::mad::mad:

Come on, everyone pile on!!:D

scott023
10-18-2011, 06:34 PM
Come on, everyone pile on!!:D

I know it won't make a bit of difference, so I refuse to let it rule my life. :D

76S&S
10-19-2011, 09:22 AM
Thank you, thank you, and thank you. I tried to start a small business at home several years ago and I dotted every "I" and crossed every "T". After 3 years I gave it up because it seemed like every time I turned around I was getting a bill in the mail from another government agency wanting to collect another fee. It was only a part time business and after I paid my taxes, liability insurance, and fees, I was only pocketing 25% of what I brought in. So yes, I'm a little bitter about anyone who comes into this country and doesn't follow the same rules that are applied to me. Our government is creating these problems and won't fix it!! I think my head is going to explode.

Seriously, you quit a business that was making 25% fee................:confused:

I work for a large general contractor, our fees these days are in the 2-3% range.:(:(

CantRepeat
10-19-2011, 10:00 AM
I know it won't make a bit of difference, so I refuse to let it rule my life. :D

Excellent frame of mind, Scott!

scott023
10-19-2011, 10:15 AM
Seriously, you quit a business that was making 25% fee................:confused:

I work for a large general contractor, our fees these days are in the 2-3% range.:(:(

I didn't want to point that out. Glad someone did.

scott023
10-19-2011, 10:16 AM
Excellent frame of mind, Scott!

Yep. No point stressing over things I can not control.

Jorski
10-19-2011, 12:41 PM
I think he meant margin, rather than fee...but if you don't want to pay taxes in the US...start a hedge fund:D

ahhudgins
10-19-2011, 02:11 PM
I think he meant margin, rather than fee...but if you don't want to pay taxes in the US...start a hedge fund:D

Yup, for every dollar I took in, 75 cents went to someone else. Glad I could help everyone else out.:D

Hoosier Bob
10-20-2011, 09:25 PM
Holy crap, where did you find a cornflakes box printed in English??????:confused:

Patron Arte! My next boat!

PA Prostar
10-21-2011, 04:01 PM
Yup, for every dollar I took in, 75 cents went to someone else. Glad I could help everyone else out.:D

Not to argue, but 25% bottom line (or cash flow to the owner, whichever you want to call it) is actually a very good ratio. Most small businesses are worse off, but obviously, there are some that are better. Unfortunately, you'll have all kinds of expenses to have a business. If you got to keep the majority of the money you brought in, everyone would have a business.

scott023
10-21-2011, 04:07 PM
A 25% EBIT is HUGE where I come from. I'd love to have a bottom line like that. Just sayin.