PDA

View Full Version : Prostar decals

87MC Dave
08-04-2005, 06:12 PM
Does anyone know where I can find the back side logo or decals for an 87 prostar 190. I have access to a vinyl cutter so if I could get the logo I could cut them. I would be glad to cut extras if I can get the logo. Anyone have any ideas?

87Craft
08-04-2005, 08:17 PM
check ebay...there are some folks there that (somehow) get original fonts, etc. i purchased a mastercraft decal a while back and you can't tell the difference. nice thing is, they are very reasonable too.

87MC Dave
08-04-2005, 10:42 PM
looked on there once and one guy had the logos but not the prostar badge....Guess I just need to keep a close eye on ebay. Thanks I'll keep watching it.

scott88prostar
08-08-2005, 08:38 PM
Hey Dave I have all the decals for a 88 I havent had them cut I have them in different colors....so if you can wait I'll get some at whatever they cost me...I have the little boat too....took me a long time to find those.

West TN Wake
08-08-2005, 11:50 PM
Call Brown Sign Company in Paris ,Tn and they can hook u up.

redmike
08-09-2005, 01:13 AM
scott, if that offer goes for me as well,I would be interested mine are looking like they are 17 years old....

Ryan
08-09-2005, 02:10 AM
These guys (http://www.edecalsdirect.com/mastercraft.htm) have a 91-92 Prostar decal, but I think they do more that aren't listed?

scott88prostar
08-09-2005, 07:28 AM
Redmike you got it....these are the originals....so the match will be perfect.

87MC Dave
08-09-2005, 12:16 PM
Guys,

I have access to a vinyl cutter at work. If I can get the files I will be glad to cut them for free. If you need a color of vinyl I don't have or if they are all the same color we can split the cost of vinyl...not very expensive anyway and I'll be glad to cut them. I think they are all light grey and the master craft logo changes.

mark g
08-09-2005, 03:58 PM
sounds like you got the logos sorted, i'm over in the uk but if they turn out ok and you dont mind any chance of a set i'll gladly pay shipping and costs. i got a vinyl guy to look at mine but he was struggling for the rear side one. he didnt know the font for the side but he said he could get it or copy it ???. been looking for ages nearly given up looking.
mark

scott88prostar
08-09-2005, 04:23 PM
Dave maybe I should send you the set of decals eh?...if you can cut em.

87MC Dave
08-09-2005, 06:08 PM
do you have them in electronic form or do you actually have them in vinyl?

87MC Dave
08-09-2005, 06:13 PM
I don't have but three colors right now...Red...Blue...and White...But I can order colors not sure what the cost for the vinyl is but I'll post a link later with the colors and cost for rolls...

scott88prostar
08-09-2005, 07:20 PM
I have the original decals...I could go get them scanned.

redmike
08-09-2005, 08:40 PM
thanks scott; yeah, one of mine is pretty gone; other side is ok; but if I could replace them for a decent price, it would be nice....87 dave, interested in cutting a couple of pairs pleeeeeese ?:D

87MC Dave
08-09-2005, 10:21 PM
I might be able to scan them if they don't have a transfer sheet on top, or if you scan them make sure you do it at a high enough resolution (around 300dpi @ 100 percent) so I can convert them. I will cut anyboby a set that wants them. I have plenty of white vinyl. I think I will order some light grey vinyl because that is the most common color, or at least that is the color I need anyway. I will be glad to cut until I run out of vinyl.

Scott if you need help getting the decals scanned let me know.

redmike
08-09-2005, 10:36 PM
dave, if I shot a digi pic amd sent it to you would that help?

87MC Dave
08-10-2005, 07:57 AM
Nice though but won't be 100% in size....I can try and recreate the good one I have, but I think the best option is to try and scan the vinyl ones.

Kevin 89MC
08-11-2005, 04:53 PM
Wow, didn't see this thread earlier. Dave are you actually going to make a run of "ProStar" stickers? What year are you guys working with - '88? It looks like they were the same for '89 - does anyone know for sure? I would really like to get the ProStar and logo back on my boat. The prev owner took them off and put on a big PCM sticker like the old MC's have. I can still see a bit of the outline. I would definitely buy a pair.
TIA,
Kevin

87MC Dave
08-11-2005, 08:36 PM
Ok here is the latest on the decals. I was able to get a rubbing of my good Prostar logo. I am going to try and convert that to an electronic file that I can cut or pass out and let others use it to get the decal cut. I will let you guys know when I have it ready.

redmike
08-11-2005, 09:22 PM
thanks for all of the help dave!!!!

87MC Dave
08-12-2005, 04:26 PM
I have a backup plan if the rubbing doesn't work. I just got off the phone with Lex...Very helpfull fellow....at Rambo Marine. He rumaged through his old decals and happend to one of the prostar 190 and one of the COMPETITON SKI BOAT on the stern. I had him send me all of those. I am going to try and scan them in and create Cut ready files that I will be glad to distribute. and if you need the same color as I do I will be glad to cut them for you. If you need a different color I will send you the file, and you can take it to your local sign shop and they will be able to cut them for you.

Danimal
08-12-2005, 05:19 PM
I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, and forgive me if I am speaking out of turn, but isn't there some legalities involved with this? At the least, I believe this would fall under the Trademark Infringement category. With this being an "Official" MasterCraft website, I would hate to see anything that would upset or disturb the great sharing of information on here. I believe you really get into dangerous territory if there is a charge for said decals.

Once again, I apologize if I am off base with my comments. I only mean to open up the discussion of the legalities. Where's all the Lawyers on this site when you need them ;)

87MC Dave
08-12-2005, 05:41 PM
I would say you would be correct if you could buy them from a dealer. I bought the remainig decals that Lex had. Since Mastercraft is not making the decals anymore and there is no longer a way to get them through their dealers then you have to have them made yourself. If someone at Mastercraft would like to give us an offical yeah or neah. If they don't want us to then they can tell us not to and we will stop, but I would ask them to give us an alternative source for these decals.

redmike
08-12-2005, 06:19 PM
Where's all the Lawyers on this site when you need them ?
well, we know one is busy being a new father! Any others have an opinion on this?

scott88prostar
08-14-2005, 02:05 PM
No monetary damage = no lawyers...anyways we are keeping 15+ year boats looking good...greatest asset they have is the longevity of these boats :headbang:

erkoehler
08-14-2005, 02:09 PM
Does anybody have just a white lettered Mastercraft decal I could buy from them that I can use for the back of my truck?

I don't care what era it is from, just want to get one for the truck before winter comes.

87MC Dave
08-14-2005, 06:51 PM
ER...That you may have to purchase off the mastercraft website, The still sell those.