PDA

View Full Version : Is Ron Paul Crazy?

shepherd
10-12-2011, 01:06 PM
Thought it would be nice if we could be "fair and balanced" like Fox News. :rolleyes:

Personally, I like what the guy is saying and will probably vote for him. But a couple people told me he's crazy or has some strange ideas, but couldn't provide me any details when pressed.

So... is Ron Paul crazy? What are some of the "crazy ideas" this guy supposedly has?

captain planet
10-12-2011, 01:27 PM
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

milkmania
10-12-2011, 01:27 PM
So... is Ron Paul crazy?

yep, so?

What they've tried so far apparently isn't working............

captain planet
10-12-2011, 01:29 PM
yep, so?

What they've tried so far apparently isn't working............

Hi Milk......:wavey:

milkmania
10-12-2011, 01:31 PM
Hi Milk......:wavey:

hey buddy, how ya been?

captain planet
10-12-2011, 01:36 PM
Good.....except the boat is winterized. Just waiting to see what this thread has to offer.

How are you? Bot your rEVOLution bumper sticker yet?

shepherd
10-12-2011, 01:49 PM
Just waiting to see what this thread has to offer.

Ready to pounce, aren't you? :)

CantRepeat
10-12-2011, 01:57 PM
You know how you can tell when ANY politician is lying?

Whenever they open their mouth.

Really is anyone of them any different then the other?

Vote one out and the next one does the same crap. Why do people put so much into picking them? Do you really think any one of them is going to change the world to your liking? No.

shepherd
10-12-2011, 02:04 PM
Aha! :D

http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2011/09/08/ron-paul-is-crazy/

captain planet
10-12-2011, 02:05 PM
You know how you can tell when ANY politician is lying?

Whenever they open their mouth.

Really is anyone of them any different then the other?

Vote one out and the next one does the same crap. Why do people put so much into picking them? Do you really think any one of them is going to change the world to your liking? No.

I tend to agree with most of this. There is one thing about Dr. Ron Paul that stands out, he has been consistent with his message for many many years and has warned of the consequences of the actions of the fed back when nobody was listening. Now that what he has been warning about is happening, I feel it is time to start listening.

How do you spell consistency? Ron Paul.

captain planet
10-12-2011, 02:06 PM
Ready to pounce, aren't you? :)

I have soaked several napkins with drool at this point. 8p

KnoxX2
10-12-2011, 03:20 PM
In an op-ed titled, “Why I voted against encouraging people to complete Census form,” Congressman Ron Paul of Lake Jackson justifies why he voted “No” on a Congressional resolution intended to encourage participation in the 2010 census.

Paul claims that the census “has grown far beyond what the framers of our Constitution intended.” He notes, “The invasive nature of the current census raises serious questions about how and why government will use the collected information.”

Ron Paul then goes onto cite Article 1, Section 2 of the United States Constitution, which, “calls for an enumeration of citizens every ten years, for the purpose of apportioning congressional seats among the various states.” Paul interprets this to mean, “the census should be nothing more than a headcount.”

Although the Constitution’s main goal is to figure out the state population for representation purposes at a Federal level. Paul makes the logical fallacy of assuming that the Constitution limits the census to only collecting certain data and not other information that our government currently collects.

He also incorrectly asserts that census only counts “citizens” when in fact it counts residents of the state regardless of their citizenship status. Paul claims that the census “was never intended to serve as a vehicle for gathering personal information on citizens.” It is unclear how Paul came to this realization because the Constitution does not state what information the census should or should not collect.

Then, Paul attempts to scare the living daylights out of people when he claims that, “the 2010 census state employees recorded GPS coordinates for every front door in the United States so they could locate individuals with greater accuracy!”

That’s scarier than Kazaam! Someone should tell Paul that if he fires up the Google and looks at the “Maps” feature he is going to think that you hacked into the Neo-Cons top-level satellite footage of the whole wide world. Just don’t show him the “Street View” feature … or he will faint on location.

But, let’s get to the root of the issue … the questions … the ones that Paul is so opposed to you answering. Paul states, “Individuals are asked detailed questions concerning their name, address, race, home ownership, and whether they periodically spend time in prison or a nursing home – just to name a few examples.”

Oh the horror … except for the fact that those questions are legitimate. Ron Paul must have forgotten what kind of information is asked on applications … like employment, credit or education. In a society where we share much more personal information on social networks such as Facebook, Twitter or YouTube … ten questions about your household are not intrusive. College students disclose more personal information than the census asks and they do it for a t-shirt.

Congressman Paul should be ashamed of himself for stirring up fear of the perceived intentions of the census. The census uses the information collected to allocate funds for infrastructure projects, schools and government facilities, etcetera. Whether the government has abused the confidentiality of information obtained via the census in the past … that does not mean that they are guilty of such actions today. Failure to comply with the census not only lands you a hefty fine of $5000.00 but it also denies the State of Texas and the City of Houston of money that we as tax payers have contributed to the nation.

This should get them going.......

BTW I am just stirring the pot ....... I like Ron Paul and will probably vote for him. This is just something I found on Al Gore's net.

captain planet
10-12-2011, 04:02 PM
And it's just that, an opinion editorial, just like a pundit, only in text form.

KnoxX2
10-12-2011, 04:15 PM
Thats it........

Thats all I get ...........

Man... that was so not worth the time!!!!!!! LOL

captain planet
10-12-2011, 04:23 PM
Thats it........

Hey, it was sweet and to the point.

If I were at home and had more time I could give you more. :D

captain planet
10-12-2011, 04:24 PM
Norm put you up to this?

KnoxX2
10-12-2011, 04:33 PM
No but he should have!!! LOL just board at work and wanted to push some buttons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

captain planet
10-12-2011, 04:35 PM
No but he should have!!! LOL just board at work and wanted to push some buttons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I figure this thread could also be named the 'Drive Captain Planet Nuts' thread. 8p

shepherd
10-12-2011, 04:46 PM
Thats it........

Nice try Knox. I think you only showed that Al Gore and his followers are nuts. I want proof that Ron Paul is nuts so I don't throw away my vote on him!

captain planet
10-13-2011, 06:58 AM
Nice try Knox. I think you only showed that Al Gore and his followers are nuts. I want proof that Ron Paul is nuts so I don't throw away my vote on him!

Have you watches any of the video threads I have put on the Ron Paul thread? I can begin to post older ones for your reference to his consistency. His message hasn't changed. He wants to follow the constitution, period. It is what made this country great, however we are violating it more and more every year and Ron Paul wants to get back to it.

gatorguy
10-13-2011, 09:28 AM
I think that if you could squish about 6 of the 8 rep candidates into one you would get a pretty good president. But since we can't I guess we'll just have to wait for cloning/DNA work to evolve to the point we make a perfect candidate.

I get tired of hearing a few of those guys that only have one idea just keep beating it to death like if they just could fix that one thing the whole world would join hands and sing together.

shepherd
10-13-2011, 10:21 AM
Have you watches any of the video threads I have put on the Ron Paul thread? I can begin to post older ones for your reference to his consistency. His message hasn't changed. He wants to follow the constitution, period. It is what made this country great, however we are violating it more and more every year and Ron Paul wants to get back to it.

Yes, I watched a few of them. I like what the guy is saying. I agree that the Government needs to butt out of our private lives, and that we wasted way too much money on Iraq and Afghanistan. I'm just looking for another perspective to make TeamTalk fair and balanced.

JimN
10-13-2011, 10:27 AM
Thought it would be nice if we could be "fair and balanced" like Fox News. :rolleyes:

Personally, I like what the guy is saying and will probably vote for him. But a couple people told me he's crazy or has some strange ideas, but couldn't provide me any details when pressed.

So... is Ron Paul crazy? What are some of the "crazy ideas" this guy supposedly has?

One side will always say that opinions or comments that are wildly opposed to their own came from, or sound, crazy. The way the US government has been pretending to do what they're supposed to seems crazy to me but perfectly correct to others.

captain planet
10-13-2011, 01:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-ruoJ5c5Mk&feature=related

I found this interesting.

shepherd
10-13-2011, 02:11 PM
I found proof!