PDA

View Full Version : Factory Tower Speaker Can Modification

bzettler83
10-11-2011, 10:56 AM
30 Mastercraft X-30.
I have the factory tower speakers with lights and I am updating the speakers. I noticed the outter speaker mount and tweeter mount on the factory can is removeable. Does anyone make replacement mounts that do not have the tweeter extension.

The speakers I have are not component speakers and I have no need for the tweeters anymore. Just want to remove them to get that clean look back.

I know this will more than likely be moved to the speaker specific section, but I wanted to get a little exposure, seems like the audio threat is a little slow.

craig3972
10-11-2011, 11:20 AM
If you notice the cans are manufactured with tweeter ports on both sides. One side has a cover plate and the other side has the tweeter mount. The solution is to purchase another cover plate for the other side. I think I paid about $30 for that tiny little plate!

rgardjr1
10-11-2011, 11:22 AM
What year speaker cans do you have? The newer style 2005 and up (I believe) have a cover piece that covers up the side of the can that the tweeter isn't mounted to. If you have this style you'd just need to pick up a couple more of the covers.

bzettler83
10-13-2011, 09:03 PM
I have the factory 03 cans. The tweeter mount is part of the bracket and can not be removed with out cutting it off.

I just want a clean look