Hi,
I would like to add additional ballast (Fly high) for brand new X55 2012
There is no timer option.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

CantRepeat
10-10-2011, 10:58 AM
Welcome to TT,

There are several ways to add more ballasts to your 55 but it depends in how much work you want to do.

One option is to do an overflow system, were as you add a fly high sac on top of your hard tank and use the existing vent line to fill the overflow sac.

The second option, and the one I like best, is to add more through hulls, pumps, and switches to fill fly high sacs you put in the back lockers, bow and or sides of your boat.

www.wakemakers.com has a full line of gear to extend your ballast.

MIskier
10-10-2011, 11:19 AM
The problem with going with added pumps is that for the 2012s with touch screen ( which I'm assuming you have) is that all the pumps are run through the screen no more switches. This means adding switches which may not be something you really want to do.

Overflows will probably be his only option that would allow all of the functions to be fully controlled from the touch screen.

CantRepeat
10-10-2011, 11:27 AM
The problem with going with added pumps is that for the 2012s with touch screen ( which I'm assuming you have) is that all the pumps are run through the screen no more switches. This means adding switches which may not be something you really want to do.

Overflows will probably be his only option that would allow all of the functions to be fully controlled from the touch screen.

If it were me, I'd rather add the switches, pumps and relays. It might be that way because I've done it and know it's not that tough of an addon that works really well.

It seems that more then a handful of people have issues with overflow and or timers. If I was going to do over flow then I'd add manual 3 way valves from wakemakers.

I guess it really comes down to what you are trying to do. IE surf, wakeboard, or a combination of the two would direct which way I'd go.

assafas
10-11-2011, 09:05 AM
Hi Guys,
Thanks for all comments,
I already tried the easy option with the overflow system
I connect the existing vent line to fill the Sacs but It works bad.
When the hard thanks are full the pumps stop filling and the fly high sacs are empty
Any Suggestions?

CantRepeat
10-11-2011, 09:36 AM
Hi Guys,
Thanks for all comments,
I already tried the easy option with the overflow system
I connect the existing vent line to fill the Sacs but It works bad.
When the hard thanks are full the pumps stop filling and the fly high sacs are empty
Any Suggestions?

Depending on how your system is, you may need to extend the how long the timers run. I'm not sure how your system is wired or what type of timer system is used in the newer boats so I can't tell you specifically what you need to do.

What I do know is that if you add a stand alone system, IE switches, pumps, relays and addition through hulls to fill your addon sacs it will work and will not affect how your factory ballast functions.

So it comes down to how much work you want to do or have done. ;)

assafas
10-11-2011, 12:51 PM
Hi,
I am trying to find technical info regarding how the system works in this model buy without success,
As I understand there are no timers and no sender units in this model
Any relevant info could help here.
Thanks,

CantRepeat
10-11-2011, 01:05 PM
Hi,
I am trying to find technical info regarding how the system works in this model buy without success,
Thanks,

What do you currently have to control the ballast?

Vdig, switches, touch screen?

vision
10-11-2011, 01:26 PM
Hi,
Thanks,

Do you have the plug and play ballast option? If not, I believe you still have timers.

assafas
10-11-2011, 09:19 PM
There are 3 switches to control the ballast.
I read all boat manuals and I didn't find anything regarding timers
Also my dealer say's that there are no timers in this model
Thanks,

jwardenjr
10-11-2011, 10:35 PM

my 2012 X-25 has both switches and is also controlled from the touch screen ...

assafas
10-13-2011, 01:21 PM
can you operate the pumps manually from the touch screen? (Not from Quick list)

GoneBoatN
10-13-2011, 08:02 PM
I have a 2010 X-15 with the BIG (Viper). If your system is anything like mine, below is what I posted in another thread -
>>>>>
This is what I have discovered about ballast fill fill via the BIG.

The ballast fill via the rider settings (and switches) is based upon time and not the %full of the tank that you will see on the BIG screen. I had an issue where the I set the fill to 50% and it was filling way past that. The dealer service mechanic (good guy) and MC via the dealer were stumbling around figuring out how to correct. The mechanic mentioned that he was told by MC the ballast ran via timer. If you read other posts about ballast you will read how you can adjust the timers - this appears not to be how you do it for systems equiped with BIG. On the BIG, go into System Setup and you will find Ballast Configuration where you can adjust the fill and empty times. I simply lowered my value until the pump ran for the period of time where it hit the % full I had for the rider setting. I feel this will not be the most accurate (running based upon time) but at least I now understand how it works.

I don't know how much this applies to others so your mileage may vary.
<<<<<

bcd
10-13-2011, 09:20 PM
I'm pretty sure the timers are gone for 2012. I can't find them on my 2012 X2. My dealer is still waiting on a solution response. I found a setting in the configuration menu called extra bags. I set that to yes, but just turned off the level indicators and I couldn't get the ballast to fill at all. To get by, I've just been cycling the fill switches every time they time out. It's a pain. I also tried the timer programming sequence even though I couldn't find the timers, but it didn't change anything.