PDA

View Full Version : Political Correctness

captkidd
08-04-2005, 03:04 PM
I work for one of those large corporations that bends over backward to be politically correct. Yesterday we received an email message inviting us to join and/or support any of of the following company-sponsored groups:

Asian/Pacific American Association

Alliance of Black Employees

Lesbian, Bisexual, Gay and Transgender Employees

Hispanic Association

Individuals Dedicated to Enabling Accessibility

United Native Americans

Women in Leadership

Notice any group that isn't represented? How about a Straight White Males Group? Of course if we tried to form such a group we'd be labeled as close-minded, sexists and racists. I'm not against the folks in these groups, nor am I against the company's efforts to support these groups, but it seems that those of us who don't fit into any of the above categories are being discriminated against (again).

6ballsisall
08-04-2005, 03:07 PM
You are right on the money Capt.

How about we start the White, straight, working class, socially responsible mans club. Although we better take it underground so Pinky doesn't find another reason to throw around his "title" :woohoo:

PendO
08-04-2005, 03:08 PM
.................................................. ......... I'd like to belong to the group of parents with potty trained children

milkmania
08-04-2005, 03:12 PM
White, straight, working class, socially responsible mans club

...of America

sorry, Canada & England.... we know political correctness has not invaded your countries yet:uglyhamme

BriEOD
08-04-2005, 05:04 PM
That is absolutely one of my pet peeves. My great, great, great, great granparents (probably further back than that) were irish. But, if someone was to ask me what I was I say American. I'm not Irish American. I've never been to Ireland. I can't imagine going over their saying I was Irish gimme a break.

The African American term is the one that bends me. Along the same line either you're African or your American. If you don't like it here feel free to go back to Africa and live your life. I didn't bring you over here and force you to work. Actually my anscetors were exploited and persecuted as well. But, I don't go around with a chip on my shoulder expecting a hand out because of it. I don't see a lot of middle class, white guy, college funds.

I think you hit a nerve Capt. :rant:

JEREMY79
08-04-2005, 05:14 PM
That is absolutely one of my pet peeves. My great, great, great, great granparents (probably further back than that) were irish. But, if someone was to ask me what I was I say American. I'm not Irish American. I've never been to Ireland. I can't imagine going over their saying I was Irish gimme a break.

The African American term is the one that bends me. Along the same line either you're African or your American. If you don't like it here feel free to go back to Africa and live your life. I didn't bring you over here and force you to work. Actually my anscetors were exploited and persecuted as well. But, I don't go around with a chip on my shoulder expecting a hand out because of it. I don't see a lot of middle class, white guy, college funds.

Bri I think you hit it right on the head. :worthy: I look forward to shaking your hand for that post

Ric
08-04-2005, 05:16 PM
Man I wish I could find a copy of John Wayne reading "The Hyphen"

BriEOD
08-04-2005, 05:30 PM
Bri I think you hit it right on the head. :worthy: I look forward to shaking your hand for that post

No worries....

BriEOD
08-04-2005, 05:32 PM
I'm thinking of starting my own TV Channel WMETV.

BRAZOS 205
08-04-2005, 05:50 PM
I went to the store to buy some CD's and payed with a credit card. The cashier said I had an unusual last name and asked me, "What is it?" I said "American." He looked at me with such confusion, it looked like his brain was hurting. He asked me if I had just moved to America and changed my last name. I said, "No, I'm just American." This guy was not getting it. Generations upon Generations of my family were born in America, I think I'm just an American by now.

My last name is Arnn, its just a variation of Aaron. Probably the American variation.

Leroy
08-04-2005, 05:52 PM
Brad you definitely have an AM radio career whenever you want to take the leap!

east tx skier
08-04-2005, 05:54 PM
Don't forget, Brian is Brad, and Brad is Cody.

BriEOD
08-04-2005, 05:56 PM
Mwahhahahaahaa

Ric
08-04-2005, 05:58 PM
Mwahhahahaahaa
I am picturing bri/wetbrad/dr.evil saying "Airman you don't know if you're shot f--d, or hit."

Leroy
08-04-2005, 06:24 PM
Duhhhhhhhhh!

Don't forget, Brian is Brad, and Brad is Cody.

Hoosier Bob
08-04-2005, 07:41 PM
My place of business is very much the same, possibly leading the PC brigade. I don't mind now that I am 40 and supposedly considered a minority (age descrimination). We can't change our color, sex (maybe) and ethnicity but we do get old and old counts!! I can't wait until someone gives me s&$*! I will play the old card all day baby!! Just happy being little old me! :uglyhamme

6ballsisall
08-04-2005, 08:01 PM
Its sad, I had a friend that couldn't afford to go to college and didn't get any scholarships to help pay the way. Her mom was adopted and didn't know her heritage. Well after she got out of high school and worked a year her mom decided to explore her real family history and she found out she was Native American. Long story short, a year later she (daughter/my friend) applied for school at the same school and received a full ride scholarship, no student loans, pure scholarships!! :eek: While I was happy for her it really made me question the system. She was the same girl a real before and nothing had changed about her except when she filled out the 2nd application she notated her true heritage.

DanC
08-04-2005, 08:09 PM
This stuff definitely P's me off. I went through college at the University California Davis the same time the Bakke case was going through (The famous reverse discrimination Bakke case in 1978). I told my boys when they were getting older, you are average white boys. Good enough at sports to be All Stars but can't get a sport scholarship (especially with Title 9), smart enough to take honors and AP classes but can't get an academic scholarship. You guys are going to have to WORK to get anywhere. Sure I believe in earning one's way. But it really builds up the resentment sitting next to people who walked into their situation because of a completely unrelated and unearned facet.

stevo137
08-04-2005, 08:23 PM
Some of us have had many obstacles to overcome
Just like Dan said, it takes hard work...

MarkP
08-04-2005, 09:03 PM
This is bad, real bad!! Every thread is starting to look like every other thread..

stevo137
08-04-2005, 09:15 PM
This is bad, real bad!! Every thread is starting to look like every other thread..

Sorry bout' that.

MarkP
08-04-2005, 09:18 PM
I stayed away from this one. Well because , the title just aint me:o

stevo137
08-04-2005, 09:20 PM
I thought mine kinda' fit but no big deal...
We'll keep that pic on the Redneck thread. ;)

USC8791
08-04-2005, 09:26 PM
You are right on the money Capt.

How about we start the White, straight, working class, socially responsible mans club. Although we better take it underground so Pinky doesn't find another reason to throw around his "title" :woohoo:

That's fine if you want to start a whole new club. You could just join the long standing group I have belonged to for years; the Smart A s s White Boys.

MarkP
08-04-2005, 09:26 PM
I went to the store to buy some CD's and payed with a credit card. The cashier said I had an unusual last name and asked me, "What is it?" I said "American." He looked at me with such confusion, it looked like his brain was hurting. He asked me if I had just moved to America and changed my last name. I said, "No, I'm just American." This guy was not getting it. Generations upon Generations of my family were born in America, I think I'm just an American by now.

My last name is Arnn, its just a variation of Aaron. Probably the American variation.
WELL,

Donít leave us hangen?:uglyhamme ??

BriEOD
08-04-2005, 09:28 PM
I was reading an article the other day about a southeasten police department that was sued by about 8 officers for being passed over for promotion due to affirmative action. The police chief was a black fella and all 8 of these officers were white. To make a long story short the officers won, and won big.

It's a documented fact in the officer ranks of the military they have to promote so many women/minorities. I personally have no problem promoting people but the best person should be promoted not the person based on race or sex.

I agree with Dan for boys like most of us (middle class and white) their aren't going to be any breaks for us. It's a shame to...

Granite_33
08-04-2005, 09:45 PM
I was reading an article the other day about a southeasten police department that was sued by about 8 officers for being passed over for promotion due to affirmative action. The police chief was a black fella and all 8 of these officers were white. To make a long story short the officers won, and won big.

It's a documented fact in the officer ranks of the military they have to promote so many women/minorities. I personally have no problem promoting people but the best person should be promoted not the person based on race or sex.

I agree with Dan for boys like most of us (middle class and white) their aren't going to be any breaks for us. It's a shame to...

Thus the existence of an organization that we're all members of (almost all of us) That would be the "White men helping White men stay even with all the F*cking political correctness Club". Help a whitey......wont you? Wink Wink.....nod.....nod. 8p

For those of us who compete(d) in sports......the best win. Period. It kills me to see some dipsh*t get a chance or opportunity based on their race or gender.......and not their performance.....I was raised to compete to be the best.

Simply hiring someone because they fit a profile is a sure way to lead to mediocre performance in whatever you do.

Since I am a quasi OSU fan......I'll throw some dirt at the UM Ann Arbor crew.........you must be absolutely astounded by the fact that Law school student applicants can gain easier admission to UM Law.....simply by the fact that they are anything other than White. That tells me NEVER to hire a UM lawyer......because UM Law is not about superior performance......its about Political Correctness.......and quota filling. :eek3:

Time for another Corona :D

redmike
08-04-2005, 10:04 PM
bri, know what you are saying, I work for the DON, and see it everyday at work; as soon as an eeo complaint is filed, they go so far to prove that they are "fair" to minorities, if you aren't one, you aren't going to go far.....

sizzler
08-05-2005, 02:39 AM
...of America

sorry, Canada & England.... we know political correctness has not invaded your countries yet:uglyhamme

i hate to shattter your illusions....but the lunatic PC brigade are alive and well here in england......the amount of courses i had to go on for "diversity training" was unreal......i work in a high stress envoironment and when someone f**ks up i tell'em.....but now they cry and whinge and tell me i'm being "nasty"...then they report me.....

BriEOD
08-05-2005, 08:01 AM
So Pete do you have English Africans? How about all the Pakistanis?

sizzler
08-05-2005, 08:50 AM
bri..we have everyone......the price to pay for all those years of colonisation....most are hard working......but we have scum who live off of our benefit system and preach hatred against those who keep them...

if they dont like it......GO HOME

JEREMY79
08-05-2005, 08:52 AM
if they dont like it......GO HOME

:toast: :toast:

Leroy
08-05-2005, 08:56 AM
While living in Belgium....they were pretty open about how they felt about any immigrant.France almost elected a new president that was running on a platform he would send immigrants back and stop all new immigration. Holland had similar candidate and he got shot dead.

JEREMY79
08-05-2005, 08:57 AM
Where is the one for America

sizzler
08-05-2005, 08:58 AM
Blair is now rethinking his border policies and readdressing the human rights bill.......too little too late

Leroy
08-05-2005, 09:03 AM
I remember being told by HR, hire "her" if she is "close" in qualifications to the other people. Used to review the population statitics of our workforce with HR and we had to show to the government either at avg, exceeding avg or improving. There clearly has been many problems in the past, but I feel it's swung the other way now.

atlps190
08-05-2005, 06:04 PM
Funny that this thread got started today...I can't stand the PC BS as well, but, apparently the NCAA is bowing to the some of the pressure...

http://www.ajc.com/hp/content/shared-gen/ap/General_College_Sports_News/NCAA_Indian_Nicknames.html

bradamerry
08-05-2005, 07:21 PM
Well I have stayed on the sidelines on this thread... You have to be right to be correct and I'm just not right!!!! :D