PDA

View Full Version : Hot Pink - threadjack whenever -

PendO
08-04-2005, 02:42 PM
In an effort keep myself from responding ... can we get some pictures of pink seats and busted tranny seals... not to be confused with anything ... I'm not sure if that thread can be buried ... just dont let someone BUMP it!

Completely off topic, what is the best way to teach my wife to ski ... aside from not being involved ... back when I learned I had to learn on two ski's first, but that was the summer of 81' and I was 5 or 6, she is 31 ... so should I just use one of those "big" shovel looking skis and teach her to slalom first? She has committed to learning how to do some watersports after her Triathlon in 10 days ... and I am not teaching her how to TUBE!

The water temp is mid 70's so she should last a while;)

Footin
08-04-2005, 02:49 PM
After 10 years of marriage my wife finally gave in this year and agreed to learn to ski. I used the boom and a pair combo skis and she was up on the first try. I HIGHLY recomend the use of a boom, it is a great teaching tool.

PendO
08-04-2005, 03:11 PM
I was considering a boom, probably would spare a lot of "problems" ... do you think I will be able to put a boom on a 197 with a mini-tower, or will the tower get in the way. TIA

Footin
08-04-2005, 03:15 PM
I do not know if anything would be in the way. You can get different contour booms, I would stop by a dealer and actually hold one up to the pylon or get a tower boom.

Thrall
08-04-2005, 03:16 PM
I just put my wife on a pair of "shaped " skis last year, and she was almost out of the water before I started accelerating. They are pretty easy to get on.

gr8smiles
08-04-2005, 03:45 PM
You gotta love it when the wife wants to try watersports..... :D
This may need to go to the sundeck thread for more ideas...... :cool:

Back on topic, the 'shaped' pair skis are great for teaching....wakeboarding is also great and easy for adults....if you insist on not tubing, then I guess that the pyramid scheme is out....