PDA

View Full Version : Ballast Microbe Reset?

Nerve05
10-07-2011, 04:43 PM
My port side ballast is not filling up, and my tech in the past when we thought it was an impeller suggested reseting the ballast microbe, somehow through flicking the switches on and off in a certain combination. Does anyone know how to do this, I called my dealer and all their technicians are busy or gone for the day. I'd really like to be able to get this tank full since this is the last bit of riding we're going to be doing for the season.

Thanks!

Nerve05
10-10-2011, 11:36 PM
70+ views and not a single response? Really? This forum sucks.

It's not a timer issue anyways, impeller is out.

02ProstarSammyD
10-10-2011, 11:47 PM
You waited a whole 7 hours. GG. Someone will get you an answer.

sp00ky
10-11-2011, 12:22 AM

Dude attitude gets you ignored.

sp00ky
10-11-2011, 12:25 AM
My port side ballast is not filling up, and my tech in the past when we thought it was an impeller suggested reseting the ballast microbe, somehow through flicking the switches on and off in a certain combination. Does anyone know how to do this, I called my dealer and all their technicians are busy or gone for the day. I'd really like to be able to get this tank full since this is the last bit of riding we're going to be doing for the season.

Thanks!

BTW a microbe is a microorganisms. At first I thought you had fungi controlled ballast.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict.aspx?word=microbe

Nerve05
10-11-2011, 12:48 AM
You waited a whole 7 hours. GG. Someone will get you an answer.

You obviously can't do simple math considering this was posted well over 48 hours ago, on 10/7.

Dude attitude gets you ignored.

No attitude, just a fact.

BTW a microbe is a microorganisms. At first I thought you had fungi controlled ballast.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict.aspx?word=microbe

Tech's words, not mine.

CantRepeat
10-11-2011, 07:59 AM

Thanks!

What boat do you have and what system do you have?

02ProstarSammyD
10-11-2011, 10:02 AM
You obviously can't do simple math considering this was posted well over 48 hours ago, on 10/7.
as noted in my edit I was 3 sheets to the wind. You need to list what kind of boat, what kind of system, and leave the attitude at the door.

MC X-15
10-11-2011, 02:27 PM
Hahah, this is going to be good. Maybe try to explain your problem and maybe you will get a non sarcastic answer. But you attitude is all wrong so you probably already blew it. Good luck, and call your dealer. This is by far the best MC forum there is.

CantRepeat
10-11-2011, 03:08 PM

After reading all of your 20 post on this site I'm starting to think the issue isn't with the forum or it's members.

Just a heads up buddy, most of these people have a boat and a family too. They might have been out using those boats.

Of the 70 that viewed your thread it's possible they don't have the answer.

Here's a tip: Don't bash the forums and the people that use it when you are looking for their help. Hell, the people with the information might of had you on their ignore list from 09.

sp00ky
10-11-2011, 08:42 PM
After reading all of your 20 post on this site I'm starting to think the issue isn't with the forum or it's members.

Just a heads up buddy, most of these people have a boat and a family too. They might have been out using those boats.

Here's a tip: Don't bash the forums and the people that use it when you are looking for their help. Hell, the people with the information might of had you on their ignore list from 09.

What a MICROBE. LOL

CantRepeat
10-11-2011, 08:45 PM
What a MICROBE. LOL

I assume he is talking about the whatever sensor the new boats have in the hard tanks.

SKADMAN
10-11-2011, 09:53 PM
Never had this happen. Did u try turning off the batteries or even just disconnecting them?

sp00ky
10-12-2011, 12:59 AM
I assume he is talking about the whatever sensor the new boats have in the hard tanks.

No I was making a joke calling this dude a microbe.

JimN
10-12-2011, 01:19 AM

No attitude, just a fact.

Tech's words, not mine.

FYI- we don't live here, we come here because we want to.

You need a tech who can communicate in the common terminology used by people who work on these, not some made-up BS. A ballast system has check valves (maybe), sacks, pumps, tubes, switches and relays.

Lighten up, Francis.

Nerve05
10-14-2011, 03:18 AM

^Post screams "come at me bro."

Honestly, think whatever you want.

The amount of elitist attitude and snobbishness on this forum is unreal. "All 20" of my past posts have been posted because I needed information (local dealer is not so local), which if supposedly this is the best MC website, then why not post here and expect quick answer?

No doubt, there are a ton of nice people here who have been more than helpful in the past, however the reality is I could get more efficient help and less of a lecture on Wakeworld, because people there are much more agreeable. A good portion of this forum is people chit-chating and bragging, which is becoming more indicative of the people buying MC these days. Don't chastise me because I don't know how the ballast system works (first ballasted wakeboat) or the terminology used by the damn technician, all I asked for was some help.

All that said, those who tried to help, I appreciate it. I thought I had posted in the title the type of boat (2008 X-2), my bad on that part. And again as stated, the impeller is out, which is either going to be replaced by myself or the dealer when the boat is winterized. We ended up running with the port side tank not filled and rearranged the seating to accommodate the loss. We also were unfortunate to have one of our riders break two ribs that day, which sucked since it was the last riding day of the year.

Holman J.B.F
10-14-2011, 03:37 AM
i saved this in 08

for the ballast pump you want to program: flip the switch to fill then to empty back. and forth five (5) times. when you do this the tip of the toggle switch will blink. then, just flip the switch to fill and back to off and that adds thirty (30) seconds to the run time. continue flipping to fill and back for each additional 30 seconds you wish to add to the run time. this is what i was told. i believe it to be correct unless i misunderstood their instructions. this is for a 2008 xstar with the new black boxes my understanding is that the first batch of 2008 xstars that came out had the old black boxes in them. i don't know how to differentiate between the two models of black boxes. you will have to try it on your boat to see if you have the new black boxes that supposedly weren't put on the boats until after Nov. 15, 2007. i hope this info is correct but this is what i was told. i have no way to verify it since i don't have my new boat yet. good luck.

Nerve05
10-14-2011, 03:40 AM
i saved this in 08

for the ballast pump you want to program: flip the switch to fill then to empty back. and forth five (5) times. when you do this the tip of the toggle switch will blink. then, just flip the switch to fill and back to off and that adds thirty (30) seconds to the run time. continue flipping to fill and back for each additional 30 seconds you wish to add to the run time. this is what i was told. i believe it to be correct unless i misunderstood their instructions. this is for a 2008 xstar with the new black boxes my understanding is that the first batch of 2008 xstars that came out had the old black boxes in them. i don't know how to differentiate between the two models of black boxes. you will have to try it on your boat to see if you have the new black boxes that supposedly weren't put on the boats until after Nov. 15, 2007. i hope this info is correct but this is what i was told. i have no way to verify it since i don't have my new boat yet. good luck.

Thanks!

That will be helpful when I'm trying to add time to the timers after I put in the fly high system over winter. I appreciate it!

CantRepeat
10-14-2011, 07:52 AM

Sorry, I don't know what that means. :confused: I'll assume it's some sort of internet jousting and leave it at that.

As far as the rest of this goes, there is only one retired MC mechanic on these forums. The rest of us are just elitist MC owners so we may not know what is wrong with your boat. We do try to help each other as best we can but if you are getting better answers on wakeworld then good luck to you over there.

Lennyp04
12-13-2011, 12:55 AM
Thanks!

That will be helpful when I'm trying to add time to the timers after I put in the fly high system over winter. I appreciate it!

I've heard that when the fly high system is installed, the timers don't allow enough time to fill up all the way. In my opinion, the timers are a great idea but need a lot of fine tuning. I like the idea that they would shut off the pump to keep it from burning up but the fact that I have to hit the switch 16 times in order to get the ballast to fill all the way is just such a pain. In spring when I redo my ballast system, I will be bypassing the timers so I don't have to deal with that headache again. I will also be re routing the lines so the ballast will empty out of the side of the boat instead of the bottom.

CantRepeat
12-13-2011, 07:57 AM
I've heard that when the fly high system is installed, the timers don't allow enough time to fill up all the way. In my opinion, the timers are a great idea but need a lot of fine tuning. I like the idea that they would shut off the pump to keep it from burning up but the fact that I have to hit the switch 16 times in order to get the ballast to fill all the way is just such a pain. In spring when I redo my ballast system, I will be bypassing the timers so I don't have to deal with that headache again. I will also be re routing the lines so the ballast will empty out of the side of the boat instead of the bottom.

Please do some documentation on this along with a write up and lots of photos. You know there are a lot of people in the same boat that could benefit from the information.

-V-
12-13-2011, 09:47 AM
Hahah, this is going to be good. Maybe try to explain your problem and maybe you will get a non sarcastic answer. But you attitude is all wrong so you probably already blew it. Good luck, and call your dealer. This is by far the best MC forum there is.

isn't this the ONLY MC forum?

-V-
12-13-2011, 09:54 AM

Honestly, think whatever you want.

The amount of elitist attitude and snobbishness on this forum is unreal. "All 20" of my past posts have been posted because I needed information (local dealer is not so local), which if supposedly this is the best MC website, then why not post here and expect quick answer? Because most of us work and can't be on a computer all day.......

No doubt, there are a ton of nice people here who have been more than helpful in the past, however the reality is I could get more efficient help and less of a lecture on Wakeworld, because people there are much more agreeable. A good portion of this forum is people chit-chating and bragging, which is becoming more indicative of the people buying MC these days. Don't chastise me because I don't know how the ballast system works (first ballasted wakeboat) or the terminology used by the damn technician, all I asked for was some help.

I am sorry you feel that way, we are still here to help if you need it.

All that said, those who tried to help, I appreciate it. I thought I had posted in the title the type of boat (2008 X-2), my bad on that part. And again as stated, the impeller is out, which is either going to be replaced by myself or the dealer when the boat is winterized. We ended up running with the port side tank not filled and rearranged the seating to accommodate the loss. We also were unfortunate to have one of our riders break two ribs that day, which sucked since it was the last riding day of the year. sorry to hear that, i hope he gets better soon.