PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Prostar 190 center walkthru windshield

Tomi
10-05-2011, 12:26 PM
Hi,

As unbelievable as it is, MasterCraft claims that they don't have the center walkthru windshield and that Taylor Made does not make them anymore. For 2003 Prostar 190??? I cannot believe that they still sell boats to anyone. Repeat business must be pretty scarce.

Anyway. Could anyone with same or close same year boat check if they can find Taylor Made number for it? Mastercraft number is 511375. Also any ideas to source for the part would be greatly appreciated!

-Tomi

MIskier
10-05-2011, 01:14 PM
They dont generally stock part of the windshield only the entire windshield. It will probably be a pain to track down.

What happened to it, is it just the glass or is the frame damaged?

Tomi
10-05-2011, 02:41 PM
If it was just a frame, replacing the glass would be easy. Might be willing to consider full windshield also since I anyway need the right side section. Need to ask...

Tomi
10-06-2011, 01:53 AM
Hah... plot thickens. I asked Chuck at Bay Area Watersports, who has been handling this for me, if MC had full windshields and since it is full piece, it presumably does not need to be -03 either, but can be later. Get this, Chuck comes back with an answer that NOTHING with center walkthru is available! I mean 2011 has center piece also, right? So clearly that is just a load of bull$&!.

So, I contacted Taylor Made.... get this, they are happy to make the piece for me. Not surprisingly for much more $$ that MC sell is it for, but shows that MC and BAWS claims that these cannot be made anymore is complete rubbish. So, who do I talk to?

Jorski
10-06-2011, 06:25 PM
Just remember, that "made" and "stocked" are two very different things.

Table Rocker
10-06-2011, 09:25 PM
http://greatlakesskipper.com/product/9_929-boat-windshields-and-parts-glass-center-walkthrough-window-door/21231--mastercraft-190195-glass-boat-windshield-center-walkthrough-door.html
Close?

Tomi
10-07-2011, 02:57 AM
http://greatlakesskipper.com/product/9_929-boat-windshields-and-parts-glass-center-walkthrough-window-door/21231--mastercraft-190195-glass-boat-windshield-center-walkthrough-door.html
Close?

It must be close by the looks of it and measurements. I also found this and asked Chuck to check. They say, this is for earlier models and would not fit. However, since MasterCraft asked ME the measurements of the original door, they must have no idea what they put on these boats in the first place, so I am going to risk it and buy one of those not fitting ones. Sadly double the list price, but I guess it is the difference of hypothetical part on paper and real part in stock.