PDA

View Full Version : Winterization Woes

wkashmir3
09-24-2011, 01:21 PM
Hello all, I am new Mastercraft owner and this will be my first winterization. I would like to do the winterization myself as I feel it is an important part of understanding how everything works. I have been reading and talking to people about the process and have gotten some god info and some confusing info. The Manual is not very helpful.

MY Boat: 1998 Sports star, Lt1 Corvette upgrade, Heater and Shower.

I get lost with the heater and shower process, I have read to not put antifreeze in the LT1, as the block is .

I'm just hoping someone can give some advice.

Thanks

dfd22120
09-24-2011, 06:51 PM
From my experience with my LT1, I take the shower inlet off the side of the engine and put it in the jug of antifreeze. Then turn the nozzle on until I see pink coming out of the nozzle. For the heater I just pull the exhaust manifold drains and let them drain, pull the knock sensor out and then pull the hose off the top of the waterpump. Put a funnel in the hose and dump antifreeze in until it comes out of the manifold. Then leave all the plugs out for the winter. From what I have been told this flushes antifreeze into the heater but does not let it set in the engine to mess up the Aluminum heads.

If anyone knows a better way let me know.

HDAVIS
09-25-2011, 06:03 PM
I recommend asking the MC dealership to let you watch them the first time. Then, you can do it yourself from then on, just sayin. That is how I learned.

CantRepeat
09-25-2011, 07:30 PM
Eastie made a pretty sweet FAQ that has a lot of info on this subject.

http://mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=103139&postcount=6

sleeporbutter
09-26-2011, 01:52 AM
From my experience with my LT1, I take the shower inlet off the side of the engine and put it in the jug of antifreeze. Then turn the nozzle on until I see pink coming out of the nozzle. For the heater I just pull the exhaust manifold drains and let them drain, pull the knock sensor out and then pull the hose off the top of the waterpump. Put a funnel in the hose and dump antifreeze in until it comes out of the manifold. Then leave all the plugs out for the winter. From what I have been told this flushes antifreeze into the heater but does not let it set in the engine to mess up the Aluminum heads.

If anyone knows a better way let me know.

I have an LY6 that I have left antifreeze in the last 2 winters. Is this damaging something?