PDA

View Full Version : What is going on here in the General.

swatguy
09-23-2011, 05:08 PM
Just curious as to what is going on? Topics are being moved at a record pace. I don't think discussing stereo options is maintainence and refurbishing.

Posting pics of wakesurfing doesn't make it a wakesurf topic.

There are a bunch of others I didn't really agree with either..............anyone else feeling the same way or am I just that easily irritated since summer is winding down.

I think if things are being relocated that much its time to adjust the main topic areas on the forum and get them on same page as well.

RANT OVER. :D

kgrove
09-23-2011, 05:15 PM
Just curious as to what is going on? Topics are being moved at a record pace. I don't think discussing stereo options is maintainence and refurbishing.

There are a bunch of others I didn't really agree with either..............anyone else feeling the same way or am I just that easily irritated since summer is winding down.

I think if things are being relocated that much its time to adjust the main topic areas on the forum and get them on same page as well.

Mods - can we move this thread to "Suggestions" please? Thank you.

jdl xstar
09-23-2011, 05:16 PM

I completely agree with you. Its very annoying. Good threads are getting moved and buried in some far away section and will never be seen again unless you are specifically seaching for it.

Jim@BAWS
09-23-2011, 05:32 PM
How about that debate last night?

Gingrich for Pres., Kain for VP!!!

Jim@BAWS

PS A Mods works is THANKLESS and NEVER done!!!

CantRepeat
09-23-2011, 05:34 PM
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=787317&postcount=9

MC now feeds TT via RSS to their Facebook. As you can see by the post above the admin has instructed the MODs to move threads to that subject area.

CantRepeat
09-23-2011, 05:36 PM
More on the subject here (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=43747).

psychobilly
09-23-2011, 09:23 PM
LMAO!!!! How many threads have been started over this same topic????? I reckon people don't know about the search feature in forums.......

:uglyhamme :uglyhamme :uglyhamme :uglyhamme:uglyhamme :uglyhamme

tommcat
09-24-2011, 08:55 AM

RANT OVER. :Di've been complaining about it for weeks. i keep getting told i'm wrong, it's really awsome and makes the site so much easier to use so stop complaining.

tommcat
09-24-2011, 08:57 AM
LMAO!!!! How many threads have been started over this same topic????? I reckon people don't know about the search feature in forums.......

or maybe, that many people dont like it? crazy idea, i know.

psychobilly
09-25-2011, 09:08 AM
tommcat, I was like the rest of you guys at first, I hated that they were getting moved around. BUT, I also hated that there was hardly ever anything going on in the maintenance sections. Ya see, used to, I didn't go to the general discussion like everyone else, I went to the maint section cuz I like reading about working on these boats... I didn't hardly ever go into general at all til I realized people were posting things in there about stuff that was meant to be in maint... THEN, out of all of this thread move stuff, I go to the new post dealy. I look at anything that is in the maint section. Then, if I'm really bored and the internet connection on the rig is good, I'll look in everything until there's something that catches my eye. If it's a thread that I am really interested in I subscribe to the thread so I get an email notification if someone post in it a month or so from now. I do hate the fact that they flash to read already if you go away for a while. but, I found that the back button in my browser werks good fer that sometimes...

I'm one that don't like change at all, most friends of Bill W don't and I'll tell ya, I don't like change. But sometimes there's some good in change even though we can't see it at the present time. I'm not dog'n you or anything like that bud, please don't take it that way.

It's a free forum for some great information, great people, and a whole lot of personalities. ;)

tommcat
09-25-2011, 11:08 AM
tommcat, I was like the rest of you guys at first, I hated that they were getting moved around. BUT, I also hated that there was hardly ever anything going on in the maintenance sections. Ya see, used to, I didn't go to the general discussion like everyone else, I went to the maint section cuz I like reading about working on these boats... I didn't hardly ever go into general at all til I realized people were posting things in there about stuff that was meant to be in maint... THEN, out of all of this thread move stuff, I go to the new post dealy. I look at anything that is in the maint section. Then, if I'm really bored and the internet connection on the rig is good, I'll look in everything until there's something that catches my eye. If it's a thread that I am really interested in I subscribe to the thread so I get an email notification if someone post in it a month or so from now. I do hate the fact that they flash to read already if you go away for a while. but, I found that the back button in my browser werks good fer that sometimes...

I'm one that don't like change at all, most friends of Bill W don't and I'll tell ya, I don't like change. But sometimes there's some good in change even though we can't see it at the present time. I'm not dog'n you or anything like that bud, please don't take it that way.

It's a free forum for some great information, great people, and a whole lot of personalities. ;)
bill, like i said before. i agree with you 100% on posts that are clearly about maintenance being in that section. for example, if someone posts up asking for help on HOW TO winterize their boat, i fully agree it should be in the maintenance forum. but they've move a couple threads now where someone was just talking and shootin the sh!t about how it sucks that the end of the season is here because they had to winterize today. that is simply a discussion and belongs in general discussion.
on top of that is the fact that i mentioned earlier that if i'm not specifically looking in the maintenance/upholstery section because i dont need any info i wont see someones post that i may have been able to help out with. if it had been in general where more people look then that guys would probably get a quicker answer to his question. i posted 2 question a few weeks ago, one in general and the other in the "correct" forum. i check the view count of them at the end of the day, about 10 times more people looked at my post in general than maintenance.

basically i think someone went looking to solve a problem that wasnt there, and if it's all in the name of making facebook better i'm even more against it, i hate facebook8p

east tx skier
09-25-2011, 03:01 PM
I'm not bothered by any of it, but I tend to just hit the new posts feature and be done with it. I don't think I have sifted through the folders in a years. There have been a number of changes here over the last eight years since I have been visiting this site that aren't necessarily how I would have chosen to do things were it my decision to make. But as time has passed, I couldn't tell you what one of these decisions has been or what changed about the site. Guess it wasn't important enough to fit into my fading memory.

psychobilly
09-25-2011, 07:30 PM
lol, I hate fagbook too, I think it's gay and fer wimen.... lmao

tommcat
09-26-2011, 08:47 AM

i always say that exact same thing

thatsmrmastercraft
09-26-2011, 10:50 AM

:uglyhamme:uglyhamme:uglyhamme

scott023
09-26-2011, 12:55 PM
This is funny stuff. :uglyhamme:uglyhamme

tommcat
10-01-2011, 12:59 PM
looks like the mods had nothing better to do again. a guy asks a question about which engine to choose in his new boat and that belongs in the maintenance forum???