PDA

View Full Version : Intake manifold for MCX?

ncsone
09-23-2011, 03:03 PM
Let me start off by saying that I am fully happy with the MCX engine in my PS 197. However, I am curious if there are any aftermarket intake manifold options for the MCX.

My main concern is the DBW throttle body. Is this an industry standard item that will fit any appropriate manifold? I am assuming a new TB would replace the big blue or red intake 'cover' as well as the manifold beneath it.

If it is an easy way to achieve some more HP, I might be interested in making a change as a winter project. Then again, this may be a case of just looking for something to do.

Any thoughts on this?

-NCS

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
09-23-2011, 05:35 PM
I'm all for more horsepower but that manifold is already a high performance version and you'll be hard pressed to find an aftermarket replacement, plus you'll probably have to remap the ecm, then the t-body might be an issue, the cost would definatly outway any hp gains you would see.
imo find something else to tinker with...

ncsone
09-23-2011, 05:50 PM
I'm all for more horsepower but that manifold is already a high performance version and you'll be hard pressed to find an aftermarket replacement, plus you'll probably have to remap the ecm, then the t-body might be an issue, the cost would definatly outway any hp gains you would see.
imo find something else to tinker with...

Gotcha. I had heard that the manifold, particularly the red/blue 'intake runner' portion was more show than go.

Just scratching around to see what I can learn on this.

Lars
09-24-2011, 01:35 AM
Gotcha. I had heard that the manifold, particularly the red/blue 'intake runner' portion was more show than go.

Just scratching around to see what I can learn on this.

duuuude c'mon!

Silver runners adds +10 hp

NoWake197
06-16-2012, 10:54 PM
Hi, I was just wondering if you found any replacment for your intake. I have a 2004 PS 197 MCX engine that I am looking for a replacement intake plenum. The water ports on the original one got eaten up by salt water. Just wondering if you found something to replace the stock one?

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
06-16-2012, 11:43 PM
Hi, I was just wondering if you found any replacment for your intake. I have a 2004 PS 197 MCX engine that I am looking for a replacement intake plenum. The water ports on the original one got eaten up by salt water. Just wondering if you found something to replace the stock one?

Your best bet is to contact a dealer or indmar to get a replacement, I highly doubt you will be able to find a used or aftermarket unit.