PDA

View Full Version : tsunami pumps

rem_pss308
09-22-2011, 04:26 PM
I want to put two tsunami pumps on my kgb bag. to see if I like those pumps.

Does anyone know how to wire them to my switch that I already have that I use with the jabsco ballast puppy.

I am asuming you can wire it so when you flip the switch up it operates one pump, and when the switch is downit will operate the other pump.

Right now up fills, and down drains on the reverable pump.

76S&S
09-22-2011, 05:04 PM
Just put a tester on the switch and report back so we will all know the answer. I'm considering getting away from the Jabsco pumps as well.

Captain Fronk
09-23-2011, 01:08 PM
The rocker Switch just change polarity. So usually the jabsco pump is connected in the middle of the rocker and Battery + and - are twisted connected up and down.
Just change that battery + and - are in the middle and connect the 2 tsunami to and down.

Rememnder: the Tzunamis just works in one direction! so polaritychange wont work

I assume you need to add checkvalve for draining, otherwise the drain tzunami will suck air over the other Tsuami and you wont get out the water ... put give it a try

cheers Captain Fronk

OneMoreSet
09-23-2011, 01:25 PM
Tsunamis are aerator based pumps - not impellar based - so they will not suck air. However they do not prevent air, or water for that mater from migrating in or out.

rem_pss308
09-29-2011, 01:55 PM
I thank you for the answers. But my electronics is limited.

I was hoping for a diagram to show me what wires for one pump, and what wires for the other pump.

Yes I know the aeriator pumps only pump one way.

rem_pss308
09-29-2011, 01:55 PM
Yews they will need check valves. or mechanical valves to turn before you fill or empty

mtajpa
01-08-2012, 05:09 PM
Anyone ever disassemble a tsunami pump. Mine has a bad connection internal to the pump. Thought I'd ask before figuring it out the hard way.

Cloaked
01-08-2012, 05:25 PM
Attwood has some diagrams, etc, but it may not be the detail of which you are looking.

Click around ==> http://www.attwoodmarine.com/store/product/T1200-Tsunami-Bilge-Pump

It's all I got...

mtajpa
01-08-2012, 05:55 PM
Was looking for info on how to disassemble the top part to get to the motor connections. If I move the wire right at the pump it will start working as soon as I let go it quits.

First time filling fatsac's I was thinking this thing takes forever, didn't realize the pump had quit working.

Jerseydave
01-08-2012, 07:00 PM
http://www.wakemakers.com/johnson-ultra-ballast-pump.html

Wakemakers sells Johnson pumps....better specs than Jabsco....and cheaper too.