PDA

View Full Version : More HP please!

Wouter
09-22-2011, 11:05 AM
Waterskiing behind a 17.000 h.p. Boat

DooSPX
09-22-2011, 11:09 AM
Waterskiing behind a 17.000 h.p. Boat

I would want to be even twice that line length away from that ship, im sure thats far enough, but still. The suction is very powerful from the screws!

Wouter
09-22-2011, 11:10 AM
Water-skier Fernando Reina Iglesias established a new world record for fastest barefoot water skiing in Acapulco, Mexico on Monday 31/07/2011.
He was towed by a helicopter to reach a speed of 153 miles per hour in his second attempt.

Wouter
09-22-2011, 11:14 AM
Must be fun to pick up your skier...

Wouter
09-22-2011, 11:22 AM
Adam Gardner getting his “Captain on” for the Captain Morgan “get a little Captain in you” promo.

Wouter
09-22-2011, 11:23 AM
Really, really?

Wouter
09-22-2011, 11:29 AM
Tasmanian waterskiers are in the final stages of preparing for their 7th attempt on the world mass skiing record at Strahan on the state's west coast.

thatsmrmastercraft
09-22-2011, 11:47 AM
Did our own small version of that as a kid (15 years old) pulling 7 skiers behind the 16' Alumacraft w/75 horse Johnson. Started with three off the dock with extra ropes, then added from another boat running parallel and passing skiers. Had to quit at seven because the motor started running hot.

toolz
09-22-2011, 12:15 PM
Did our own small version of that as a kid (15 years old) pulling 7 skiers behind the 16' Alumacraft w/75 horse Johnson. Started with three off the dock with extra ropes, then added from another boat running parallel and passing skiers. Had to quit at seven because the motor started running hot.

That's what got me hooked on inboards- we had 9 up behind a '60's CrisCraft when I was 15 (a loooong time ago). We tried 10, but ran out of time. 6 on the pole and 4 on the ring. Bent the pole. That poor 283 just couldn't hack it- the more experienced skiers had to reel in the rope to get on top the water. Neary 40 years ago, but sure was fun.

Wouter
09-22-2011, 12:25 PM
sorry, had to do this one

scott023
09-22-2011, 12:30 PM
Water-skier Fernando Reina Iglesias established a new world record for fastest barefoot water skiing in Acapulco, Mexico on Monday 31/07/2011.
He was towed by a helicopter to reach a speed of 153 miles per hour in his second attempt.

C'mon now, that's ridiculous.

Wouter
09-22-2011, 01:20 PM
just quoting:
A new water-skiing world record was broken Monday thanks to some assistance from a helicopter.

Mexican water-skier Fernando Reina Iglesias hit the water of Acapulco Monday with the intention of breaking a barefoot skiing record. The businessman held on to a rope that was attached to a low-flying helicopter and took to the waters of his hometown.

The top speed reached was 153 miles per hour, smashing the 22-year-old record that was set in 1989 by an American named Scott Pellaton. The previous record reached a speed of 135 mph.

Acccording to NDTV, "We reached a speed of 153 miles per hour in our second attempt. We had to abort our first attempt because the helicopter was going up and pulling my feet out of the water. So, we succeeded in breaking the Guinness Record in our second attempt," said Iglesias.

DemolitionMan
09-22-2011, 01:26 PM
C'mon now, that's ridiculous.

That is how they are crossing the border now.:D

scott023
09-22-2011, 01:28 PM

:uglyhamme:uglyhamme:uglyhamme

thatsmrmastercraft
09-22-2011, 02:27 PM

:purplaugh:purplaugh:purplaugh:purplaugh:purplaugh :purplaugh

DooSPX
09-22-2011, 03:15 PM

:eek: :purplaugh:purplaugh:purplaugh

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
09-24-2011, 05:30 PM
i like this one...

ahhudgins
09-24-2011, 05:45 PM
just quoting:
A new water-skiing world record was broken Monday thanks to some assistance from a helicopter.

Mexican water-skier Fernando Reina Iglesias hit the water of Acapulco Monday with the intention of breaking a barefoot skiing record. The businessman held on to a rope that was attached to a low-flying helicopter and took to the waters of his hometown.

The top speed reached was 153 miles per hour, smashing the 22-year-old record that was set in 1989 by an American named Scott Pellaton. The previous record reached a speed of 135 mph.

Acccording to NDTV, "We reached a speed of 153 miles per hour in our second attempt. We had to abort our first attempt because the helicopter was going up and pulling my feet out of the water. So, we succeeded in breaking the Guinness Record in our second attempt," said Iglesias.

That was discussed here several months ago. What Fernando did is not even close to what Scott Pellaton achieved. Fernando was "hanging" from the helicopter and was skipping and bouncing across the water. Just look at the videos on Youtube. Scott stepped off his ski and nothing was allowed to touch the water but his feet. I think a lot of people (Including Scott) would protest if that is called a "new record".
Guiness still shows Scott as holding the record.
http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/records-5000/fastest-speed-barefoot-waterskiing-(male)/

Wouter
09-26-2011, 12:01 PM
That was discussed here several months ago. What Fernando did is not even close to what Scott Pellaton achieved. Fernando was "hanging" from the helicopter and was skipping and bouncing across the water. Just look at the videos on Youtube. Scott stepped off his ski and nothing was allowed to touch the water but his feet. I think a lot of people (Including Scott) would protest if that is called a "new record".
Guiness still shows Scott as holding the record.
http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/records-5000/fastest-speed-barefoot-waterskiing-(male)/

Totally agree BTW. I don't barefoot but can imagine that footing behind a helicopter with its vertical pull is quite different from the real deal. As for the rest, looking at the other ways to pull a skier, I think I still like my MC.