PDA

View Full Version : Ohio University Ski Team

captain planet
09-21-2011, 02:37 PM
A friend of mine is attending Ohio University and is on the Water Ski Team. They are participating in some tournaments and looks lilke they will make it to the Midwest Regional Championships in Illinois. I received an e-mail from him this morning and they are looking to raise some money to offset the cost of travel and entry fees for the tournament. Here is a copy of the e-mail for you to read.

Hey everyone,

Things are looking good for the OU waterski team this year! We currently have a full men's and women's team skiing great in all three events. Our first tournament is this weekend followed by our second tournament (great lake conference championships) the weekend after. If everything goes as planned we are going to make it to the Midwest regional championships in Illinois. This is an extremely big deal for us. Our team has not been good enough to make it to this event in at least 10 years so you can imagine how excited we all are. Unfortunately traveling with a whole ski team and paying entry fees for tournaments is not cheap. We are low on funding from the university this year due to budget cuts etc. So on behalf of the Ohio University Water Ski Team I would like to ask you to help us out with a donation of your choice. If you are interested, send a check addressed to the Ohio University Waterski Team to:

Elliot Heckler - 21 South High St. Athens OH 45701

If you donate before 9/28 we will send you some OU waterski gear (quantities limited)! Make sure you include your T shirt size and how many you want with your donations. Email me with any questions.

Thanks a lot!
Cam

Instead of posting my buddies college e-mail address you can send questions to me via private message and I will forward to him (if you could include your e-mail addess that would be helpful). He did not ask me to put this on the TT board however with the level of support for skiing on here I thought it would be a good idea.

Thanks,
Captain Planet

Double D
09-21-2011, 02:46 PM
A friend of mine is attending Ohio University and is on the Water Ski Team. They are participating in some tournaments and looks lilke they will make it to the Midwest Regional Championships in Illinois. I received an e-mail from him this morning and they are looking to raise some money to offset the cost of travel and entry fees for the tournament. Here is a copy of the e-mail for you to read.

Hey everyone,

Things are looking good for the OU waterski team this year! We currently have a full men's and women's team skiing great in all three events. Our first tournament is this weekend followed by our second tournament (great lake conference championships) the weekend after. If everything goes as planned we are going to make it to the Midwest regional championships in Illinois. This is an extremely big deal for us. Our team has not been good enough to make it to this event in at least 10 years so you can imagine how excited we all are. Unfortunately traveling with a whole ski team and paying entry fees for tournaments is not cheap. We are low on funding from the university this year due to budget cuts etc. So on behalf of the Ohio University Water Ski Team I would like to ask you to help us out with a donation of your choice. If you are interested, send a check addressed to the Ohio University Waterski Team to:

Elliot Heckler - 21 South High St. Athens OH 45701

If you donate before 9/28 we will send you some OU waterski gear (quantities limited)! Make sure you include your T shirt size and how many you want with your donations. Email me with any questions.

Thanks a lot!
Cam

Instead of posting my buddies college e-mail address you can send questions to me via private message and I will forward to him (if you could include your e-mail addess that would be helpful). He did not ask me to put this on the TT board however with the level of support for skiing on here I thought it would be a good idea.

Thanks,
Captain Planet

Any idea what donation levels they are looking for? How many zero's on the first digit makes an OK donation?

ntidsl
09-21-2011, 02:53 PM
Collegiate skiing was one of the best things I did in life. Wish I remembered more about the tourneys. Camping at the sites, the girls, the boats, the girls, the kegs, the girls...it was awesome! We never had any money so we camped at the sites but they probably arent allowed to now adays. I skied for BGSU in the mid nighties, anyone else ski midwest around those years...Ball State, IU, OSU, OU, Michigan State?

fstaslp
09-21-2011, 02:55 PM
I skied at Miami University (OH) in 06.

captain planet
09-21-2011, 03:01 PM
Any idea what donation levels they are looking for? How many zero's on the first digit makes an OK donation?

To be honest, I have no idea. I was going to give like $50 or so.

callaway_1
09-21-2011, 03:50 PM
I skied at Indiana University '89-'91

Some great parties at OU tournements back in the day.

DemolitionMan
09-21-2011, 04:21 PM
To be honest, I have no idea. I was going to give like $50 or so.

Cheapskate, You would give a thousand if it was the buckeyes.:D

captain planet
09-21-2011, 04:47 PM
Cheapskate, You would give a thousand if it was the buckeyes.:D

Cheapskate huh? So how much are you going to donate to promote skiing? :rolleyes:

Maybe if the Bobcat mascot hadn't attacked Brutus last season I'd have given more. 8p

sk8salomon
09-21-2011, 05:57 PM
OH....IO!!!!!!!!!!

How cool was it to open up TT and see my alma mater ski team thread!:)
i'll pass around to old alum and see if i can help out!
Go Bobcats!

'01 grad

MIskier
09-21-2011, 06:12 PM
Collegiate skiing was one of the best things I did in life. Wish I remembered more about the tourneys. Camping at the sites, the girls, the boats, the girls, the kegs, the girls...it was awesome! We never had any money so we camped at the sites but they probably arent allowed to now adays. I skied for BGSU in the mid nighties, anyone else ski midwest around those years...Ball State, IU, OSU, OU, Michigan State?

Nope, most of the time camping on site is still allowed.

cdstukey
09-21-2011, 06:15 PM
I skied at Indiana University '89-'91

Some great parties at OU tournements back in the day.

my sister skied for OU during that same time, brother skied at Purdue. Doesn't surprise me about the parties, knowing her and her ski buddies.

ntidsl
09-21-2011, 06:30 PM
I loved hearing the announcer at the meets..."if you are caught drinking from the kegs before your event you will be disqualified..." it didnt matter, we were already drunk from the night before!!! Michigan State fall tourney was awesome in my day...Wilmington Indiana...I remember something about skiing there. and I cannot remember where Regionals were...

captain planet
09-21-2011, 08:16 PM
Well, we are up to $100 so far! :)

liledgy
09-21-2011, 10:44 PM
Where in Illinois is the tourney?

captain planet
09-22-2011, 08:40 AM
Where in Illinois is the tourney?

I'm finding that out for you. I tried to look on line, but wasn't sure where from what I saw.

FASKI
09-22-2011, 09:56 AM
September 30 - October 2
MCWSA Regionals - P.I.T.S lake - Decatur, IL - hosted by Illinois
Stands for - People involved in tournament skiing.

I skied for Miami in '08 and UC from '03-'06
I am also currently the tournament director for the Conference Championships this weekend held at Van Wert, Ohio

Just so you know
Entry fees are 35.00 per skier. 25.00 per team
Each team also has to pay 5.00 per skier to NCWSA and 30 per team to MCWSA
Each team skis 5 women and 5 men.
Cost add up adn that does not include the gas to get to these tournaments or practice prior to the event onsite.

OU currently has the 2010 W1 national trick champion on there team. She is skiing in her last year of eligibility. If they make regionals she will be able to set a regional trick record.
Your support would be huge to a team this size.

ntidsl
09-22-2011, 02:20 PM
I drove to Decatur from BG for our regionals...awesome trip!!! I'd say that was 1991 or 1992...wow...that was fun!!!

I said mid nighties earlier but i guess it was early 90s...lol...see I told you I forgot about alot back then.

captain planet
09-27-2011, 09:29 PM
Bump.......

$100, thats it?

Double D
09-27-2011, 09:54 PM
Bump.......

$100, thats it?

I agree with that. WTH??

93Prostar190
09-27-2011, 09:55 PM
Planet count me in for $25 ..... Even though West Point did not have a water ski team :)

Please PM me with details and I can send $ in the morning.

Go Bobcats!

captain planet
09-28-2011, 11:24 AM
Planet count me in for $25 ..... Even though West Point did not have a water ski team :)

Please PM me with details and I can send $ in the morning.

Go Bobcats!

The info to who and where to send a check is in the original post. I guess so they know where the check originated, put MC TT Board in the 'memo' line on the check.