PDA

View Full Version : New engine break in procedure

jwardenjr
09-20-2011, 01:38 PM
Does anyone know the proper break in procedure for the new Ilmor 6.0 ?

Do you have to have the 10 hr Oil Change done at the dealer to keep warranty ... I am 250 miles from the dealer at my river house and just prefer to change it myself ? Its a long tow for an Oil Change @ 10 hrs. I will have that on the first day :D

SKADMAN
09-20-2011, 02:05 PM
Kinda goes without saying, but the break in procedures or rules should be in your manual.
I would talk with your dealer concerning the oil changes and maintenance. I have a friend in your same situation who as long as
he uses factory parts, keeps all receipts, and a log of the maintenance then his dealer has no problem keeping warranty work going. He does buy the oil and filters threw the dealer as a result to keep the good relationship going.
Just my 2 cents. I would see what you can work out with your dealer as they are the ones who are taking a hit on not servicing your boat financially. And they would be the ones backing any future warranty work.

jwardenjr
09-20-2011, 03:25 PM
Kinda goes without saying, but the break in procedures or rules should be in your manual.
I would talk with your dealer concerning the oil changes and maintenance. I have a friend in your same situation who as long as
he uses factory parts, keeps all receipts, and a log of the maintenance then his dealer has no problem keeping warranty work going. He does buy the oil and filters threw the dealer as a result to keep the good relationship going.
Just my 2 cents. I would see what you can work out with your dealer as they are the ones who are taking a hit on not servicing your boat financially. And they would be the ones backing any future warranty work.

I was thinking the same thing on buying the oil & Filter from them. I have no problem giving them the majors but just to far to do a LOF and plus my house here in anoth 50 miles from the dealer. So I would loose half a days work dropping off and picking up.