PDA

View Full Version : If You Have Daughters...

O2BESOHUGE
09-20-2011, 11:15 AM
We need to teach our daughters to distinguish between a man who flatters her and a man who compliments her, a man who spends money on her and a man who invests in her, a man who views her as property and a man who views her properly, a man who lusts after her and a man who loves her, a man who believes he is God's gift to women and a man who remembers that a woman was God's gift to man.

gatorguy
09-20-2011, 11:29 AM
My youngest is my only daughter. She has 4 older brothers that will most likely kill the first boy that even looks at her funny, let alone treats her bad.

But I'm with you. If you can instill a good vaules system, then she will not tolerate a fool.

aaron.
09-20-2011, 11:52 AM
there's a lot of tricky bastards out there. most likely she will need to have her heart broken once to learn the lesson on her own.

i just pray that i never have daughters...i know i will get a house full of daughters just out of spite. lol

Ski-me
09-20-2011, 11:53 AM
I have 3 girls and am really aware of the boys. I've told them that they need to bring them to me and let me get to know the guy on my terms. I know how boys are and sometimes girls can't always tell their true motives.

All three of the girls have said "Yes", they want me to give them my opinion of each guy. We also chime in that he does need to be a Man. He need to be able to fix a car, remodel a house and treat the girls with respect. He also needs to be a very Godly man. Having similar morals and values are very important and can be huge hurdles if they are different.

I hope I am raising them well......

CantRepeat
09-20-2011, 11:55 AM
I have 3 girls and am really aware of the boys. I've told them that they need to bring them to me and let me get to know the guy on my terms. I know how boys are and sometimes girls can't always tell their true motives.

All three of the girls have said "Yes", they want me to give them my opinion of each guy. We also chime in that he does need to be a Man. He need to be able to fix a car, remodel a house and treat the girls with respect. He also needs to be a very Godly man. Having similar morals and values are very important and can be huge hurdles if they are different.

Teach them good morals and everything will work out fine.

Ski-me
09-20-2011, 11:58 AM
Teach them good morals all will work out fine.

All three are in a Christian school and have excelled amazingly. I am so proud of each girl and their accomplishments.

rjracin240
09-20-2011, 12:05 PM
Dropped my little 17 year old off this summer to go to school up at Iowa State, her Mom lives in PR I am down here in Florida, all I can hope is that she has her witts about her and she paid attention to her Mom and Dad!

It is tough having Daddy's little girl move into the real world so far away!

Ski-me
09-20-2011, 12:22 PM
Dropped my little 17 year old off this summer to go to school up at Iowa State, her Mom lives in PR I am down here in Florida, all I can hope is that she has her witts about her and she paid attention to her Mom and Dad!

It is tough having Daddy's little girl!

I still have 2 more years till then.....not looking forward to it. Amazing how short their time at home with us really is.:(

jvbaca
09-20-2011, 12:55 PM
We need to teach our daughters to distinguish between a man who flatters her and a man who compliments her, a man who spends money on her and a man who invests in her, a man who views her as property and a man who views her properly, a man who lusts after her and a man who loves her, a man who believes he is God's gift to women and a man who remembers that a woman was God's gift to man.

Very well said. Hope you don't mind I posted that into facebook. I have a 20 year old daughter that I love and adore and would give everything for. I have had my share of her boyfriends at the door and many I've had to turn away on her behalf. She may not have been happy with me at the time but time has told the truth about them and their trail of self destruction and the destruction of their "girlfriends". I still keep my shotgun handy even though she's 20 and has hopefully had the right education to keep her with the right sort of individual at her side.

_fng_
09-20-2011, 01:11 PM

It is tough having Daddy's little girl!

I remember seeing frat guys having signs reading "fathers, you've had your daughters for 18 years, it's our time now!" during move-in dates on campus. If I were in that situation I'd be flipping out.

The biggest thing I'd tell my daughter (if I had one) is that no guy just wants to be friends, period. Too many times woman think guys can be just friends but we're pigs and if we see an opening we're going to go for it.

Jorski
09-20-2011, 01:18 PM
At some point you have to let them be grown ups and make their own decisions.

liledgy
09-20-2011, 03:13 PM
All three are in a Christian school and have excelled amazingly. I am so proud of each girl and their accomplishments.

Speaking as a graduate of a catholic grade school (cathedral), high school and college, I think parents are fooling themselves if they think the school is going to mold them into something special. Sorry if I offend some people here.

Ski-me
09-20-2011, 03:20 PM
Speaking as a graduate of a catholic grade school (cathedral), high school and college, I think parents are fooling themselves if they think the school is going to mold them into something special. Sorry if I offend some people here.

No offense at all. It's only a tool or part of their "growing up." It's still my responsibility to raise them properly and have open dialogue with each of them. Keep the communication channels open. :cool:

Edit:
I also went to a Catholic High School and definitely know what you mean.

Justjoe
09-20-2011, 03:38 PM
Wait..... Is she Hot?

Duane D
09-20-2011, 03:38 PM
If any other dads out there have or are having a daughter, I strongly recommend reading a book called Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters by Dr. Meg Meeker. I heard her interviewed on Dave Ramsey one day and she is amazing. The book shows that how a daughter turns out in life is directly related to how and what her DAD teaches her growing up. Your daughter will view the world and will treat people the way her DAD teaches her to see and realate to others.

Be strong men, dont let culture or popularity take our daughters from us! I thank God every day for my 7 year old daughter and I pray for the strength to raise her well. There are no days off raising girls!

Justjoe
09-20-2011, 03:43 PM
If she's hot AND popular, that's a bonus.

GT500 MC
09-20-2011, 03:52 PM
If any other dads out there have or are having a daughter, I strongly recommend reading a book called Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters by Dr. Meg Meeker. I heard her interviewed on Dave Ramsey one day and she is amazing. The book shows that how a daughter turns out in life is directly related to how and what her DAD teaches her growing up. Your daughter will view the world and will treat people the way her DAD teaches her to see and realate to others.

Be strong men, dont let culture or popularity take our daughters from us! I thank God every day for my 7 year old daughter and I pray for the strength to raise her well. There are no days off raising girls!

Read that book. Very good read. I have two daughters (8 and 9) and it really made me take a look at how and what I was teaching my girls.

On a lighter note, I have one rule with my girls for when they are older and they repeat it often now whenever I ask them...."never date a boy who wears a wifebeater. It just will not work."

Ski-me
09-20-2011, 03:56 PM
Read that book. Very good read. I have two daughters (8 and 9) and it really made me take a look at how and what I was teaching my girls.

On a lighter note, I have one rule with my girls for when they are older and they repeat it often now whenever I ask them...."never date a boy who wears a wifebeater. It just will not work."

Or if their underwear is hanging above their pants by SEVERAL inches.....:o

wrobins1
09-20-2011, 04:02 PM
Or if their underwear is hanging above their pants by SEVERAL inches.....:o

Isn't that just a handle for removing them from you house!!!

GT500 MC
09-20-2011, 04:03 PM
Isn't that just a handle for removing them from you house!!!

For sure...that for one hand, and the hair on the back of their head for the other hand...

Justjoe
09-20-2011, 04:17 PM

Because that dude is gay.

Double D
09-20-2011, 04:57 PM

I see this is going around. Someone has the same thing as their Facebook post.... (not jvbaca)

I have a 13 year old girl. I would like to think her older brother will protect her but I know I will!!

barefoot
09-20-2011, 09:25 PM
I think I'll cut this out and put this on my refridgerator. I (tried) read this to my 4 year old daughter, but she didn't inderstand. I think if it's some place where I can read it, it will help me raise a better daughter

dfmaus
10-11-2011, 04:37 PM
You would like the movie Courageous, saw it this weekend with my oldest daughter(12) and son(10).

BROUSSARD
10-11-2011, 04:43 PM
He also needs to own a MasterCraft