PDA

View Full Version : 85 Trailer question

OSUspenc99
08-03-2005, 04:18 PM
Hey all. As some might know i am a new owner of a 85 S&S. I am working on getting some pics up for those that want them. I have a question about my mastercraft trailer. I have never seen on my cousins mastercraft trailer but that is prob. because it is newer. I have this metal arm at the front of the trailer that goes inbetweek wench hook and boat. What is that thing used for? Do i need it and is there something different that i can get for there instead? I read the forum about the boat buddy that clips the boat into place and didnt know if that was an option that i have or not. Also when i put the boat in the water this weekend i was not able to get that arm back into place when i took the boat out of water. Any tips? Thanks for the help.

BriEOD
08-03-2005, 04:27 PM
That bar is a pain in the @$$. It was a CC idea that MC borrowed. If you stopped very abruptly (like and accident) it's designed to prevent the boat from sliding forward off of the trailer.

I cut mine off and replaced it with a boat buddy. I had a local trailer shop rig me something up.

BriEOD
08-03-2005, 04:28 PM
Will never look back.

OSUspenc99
08-08-2005, 02:22 PM
Do you know the size of this thing or did the shop just know what they were doing? Was it a boat shop or what? Thanks

6ballsisall
08-08-2005, 02:31 PM
Brian's idea is the way to go!

I had that annoying contraption on my 86' It will line up as long as the boat is on there pretty straight. What I found is its a 2 person operation. One throttling the boat up, one getting it hooked up. The angle of the ramp drastically changes how easier/hard it is to get the bar on. Personally, I hardly ever used it unless I knew I was going further than the 1 mile from ramp to water.

BriEOD
08-08-2005, 02:38 PM
It's 3x3x3/16 sqare tubing with forks at the top. I had it done at a shop in town. They specialize in trailers and hitches. But, I've had them weld some other things for me.

If you need the measurements PM me.