PDA

View Full Version : Someone at the Factory Please Help!!!

BriEOD
08-03-2005, 05:03 PM
Ok, I am confused and a bit aggitated. <Deep Breath>

Their has been a lot of discussion about skins on the site historically. I am thinking of replacing a skin or two in this offseason but keep hearing "rumors" that I can't get them made, or can't get them made in anything except white, etc. Actually I sent out 2 emails to dealers and got conflicting replies. I'm not trying to get anyone in hot water but why should I get different answers on factory policies from different dealers??

- Rambo Marine Answer from Yesterday:
"All upholstery for you boat will be $ xxxx It is still available for a 1987 but in some cases the accent colors are not. The red for instance may have to be substituted with a slightly different shade. When the complete interior is being replaced this usually doesn't matter. Call me at xxx-xxx-xxxx and we will discuss it further.
Thanks"

- Bennetts Answer from Today:
"Hello Brian, and thank you for contacting us regarding your service
needs. Mastercraft does no longer make any replacement skins for
boats older than 2000 year model. i would recommend checking with a
local upholstery shop, and looking into what they can do for you.

Thank you"

- The third thing that was floating around this site and I BELIEVE Doug (I could be wrong)told me he heard it from Dallas MC was that you could only get white (no accent colors) for boats 99 and older.

This doesn't make any sense to me? It should be a standard MC policy, right? Or am I just getting blown off by a dealer? If and when I decide, I will definitely being ordering from Rambo. They are super nice guys and get right back to you everytime.

bcampbe7
08-03-2005, 05:20 PM
Is it possible that Rambo has the skins stockpiled at their dealership?
I would call and talk to Lex in parts.

BriEOD
08-03-2005, 05:24 PM
I already did and he said that he would order the skins from the factory. I know that's what he was talking about because we were discussing that the red might not be available and he would have to see what type of red the factory still had.

TMC
08-03-2005, 06:05 PM
I just happened to be on the boards when I saw this pop up so I will take a break from working on our new 2006 bochure to answer your question. From time to time we will be able to step in here to help but man it is hard to keep up with you guys!!! I digress...

Each dealer is correct in some way; I simply think Bennetts might have misunderstood what you requested (I am not sure; don't want to speak for them).

We have skins for your boat and Rambo (or any other dealer) can get them for you. They will simply be skins so you will have to have them fitted and placed on the boat at a dealer or upholstery shop.

What Bennetts was probably referencing is we only carry complete skins for 7-8 years and then we stop. Complete skins means the side panels or the seats are delivered ready to install in your boat; in other words no assembly required. That is what Bennetts was probably telling you was no longer available and in that regard they are right.

Hopefully that is as clear as mud. Regardless, you can order the skins and have a great fall project to work on!

-J

BriEOD
08-03-2005, 06:09 PM
Thank you Sir.

Danimal
08-03-2005, 06:25 PM
Straight form the top!! Now thats action!

Ric
08-03-2005, 06:27 PM
speaking of "mud", Bri, get rid of that avatar or I will be forced to keep this one!

Granite_33
08-03-2005, 06:30 PM
speaking of "mud", Bri, get rid of that avatar or I will be forced to keep this one!

That is beautiful!!! I love SNL Farley.

BriEOD
08-03-2005, 06:39 PM

Is this better Ric? It's of my hero who's going to be at Mag Mania.

Brad...Brad...Brad!! :headbang:

Ric
08-03-2005, 06:45 PM
heh heh uhhhhhhhh GIDDYUP!

east tx skier
08-03-2005, 06:50 PM
I hate to say it, but I'm still sort of confused.

What is "asssembly"? Does that mean they don't come sewn anymore. The skins I've received (both from Bennett's and Rambo) would require installation by my (or someone else) stapling them onto the base.

Brian, thanks for posting this. TMC, thanks for answering.

Brian, all those responses were consistent with what those dealers told me. TXMC said 99 or newer with accents. Before that, white only. Bennetts has told me white only after 01/01/05 for my boat. Rambo has sent me skins with accents after Bennetts said it wasn't possible.

One thing about Rambo, I've never had skins show up so fast (like 2 weeks). 6 weeks has always been the norm in my experience.

BriEOD
08-03-2005, 07:04 PM
I emailed back Bennett's with this link and he was shocked and told me he get back with me very politely. Nice fella their as well.

Still from a business standpoint how can their be a disconnent like this. I mean what the military makes a new bomb all the EOD units get the message with all the specs etc. One unit doesn't do it this way and the next another. I guess I just don't understand where the communication era is. But, I do appreciate TMC clearing it up. Thanks!!

east tx skier
08-03-2005, 07:07 PM
If it's clear for you, tell me what the difference between assembled and not assembled is.

TMC
08-04-2005, 12:27 AM
If it's clear for you, tell me what the difference between assembled and not assembled is.

Assembled means we are able to send the piece ready to simply be installed in your boat (i.e. the drivers seat would look like a drivers seat).

Non-assembled means we basically send you the materials you need and the install is up to you.

Any clearer?? I got this info from our tech services department so I might have lost something in translation but that should be about right.

-J

east tx skier
08-04-2005, 12:28 AM
Okay, I know I'm being dense, but for it to look like a driver's seat, it has to have a base, i.e., hard plastic bottom piece to which the skin is stabled. When I've ordered skins (always more than seven years past my born-on date, they've showed up all sewn together and I did the stapling.

I always assumed that the way I got them was the way it was done. So if I'm within seven years, it sounds like it shows up stuffed and stapled or something?

Either way, I think I know what unassembled is now. Thanks.

stevo137
08-04-2005, 12:32 AM
[QUOTE=TMC]I just happened to be on the boards when I saw this pop up so I will take a break from working on our new 2006 brochure
Great job on the 2005 brochure!
And of course the swimsuit pics were nice too!! :D
Looking forward to the 06' brochure. ;)

TMC
08-04-2005, 12:43 AM
Great job on the 2005 brochure!
And of course the swimsuit pics were nice too!! :D
Looking forward to the 06' brochure. ;)

Thanks!! Our ad manager here does a great job with it and this years will be no exception.

If you guys are good, I will post some pics for you tomorrow from the photoshoot as long you promise to spend more time looking at the boat than the model!!! Seriously we got some great photography!!

-J

east tx skier
08-04-2005, 12:45 AM
Cool. We lurves the pictures of the, er uh, boats.

We'll be good. To quote a wise man in another forum ...

"your post was too long and i didnt read it, but mastercraft is great and smells like fresh mangos"

Leroy
08-04-2005, 12:57 AM
TMC; We always love pictures of the new boats and "riders" from MC, you should even start a thread on this, as I'm sure it will be very popular!!!:banana:

stevo137
08-04-2005, 01:19 AM
Thanks!! Our ad manager here does a great job with it and this years will be no exception.

If you guys are good, I will post some pics for you tomorrow from the photoshoot as long you promise to spend more time looking at the boat than the model!!! Seriously we got some great photography!!

-J
Excellent TMC!!!
Can't wait to see em'
We will definately be looking at "The Boats"! ;)

:toast:

Workin' 4 Toys
08-04-2005, 09:57 AM

-J
TMC,
Not sure if it is your scope, but outstanding job on the DVD last year too. A little too much Zane!! You should have one of the "contestants" host the '06 DVD....
A few of my buddies used Zane's tactics to learn how to Wakeboard, hence got them to buy new MC's, great sales pitch!!

BriEOD
08-04-2005, 09:59 AM
:rant: Gee guys thanks, thanks a lot for the thread jack. We're talking about seat skins not pictures and DVD's....HELLLOOOOO!! ;)

stevo137
08-04-2005, 10:16 AM
:rant: Gee guys thanks, thanks a lot for the thread jack. We're talking about seat skins not pictures and DVD's....HELLLOOOOO!! ;)
I did it...
"Threadjack"! :D

BriEOD
08-04-2005, 10:34 AM
Hey Stevo...

stevo137
08-04-2005, 10:36 AM
LMAO!
Don't get me started!
Need to get to work!

Ric
08-04-2005, 11:08 AM
TMC,
Not sure if it is your scope, but outstanding job on the DVD last year too. A little too much Zane!! You should have one of the "contestants" host the '06 DVD....
A few of my buddies used Zane's tactics to learn how to Wakeboard, hence got them to buy new MC's, great sales pitch!!
good ideas Workin'
too much zane but still good
watch the outtakes section and see zane asking these girls if they "want to get a picture?" about 3 times but they turn him down.
I get that kinda humor

OH and you guys get back on topic!
TMC is the unassembled version of the skin simply cut pieces of material which need to be sewn into facsimilies of a seat but then fitted to the foam? Do I have it right?

woodskier
08-04-2005, 02:35 PM
I just happened to be on the boards when I saw this pop up so I will take a break from working on our new 2006 bochure to answer your question. From time to time we will be able to step in here to help but man it is hard to keep up with you guys!!! I digress...

Each dealer is correct in some way; I simply think Bennetts might have misunderstood what you requested (I am not sure; don't want to speak for them).

We have skins for your boat and Rambo (or any other dealer) can get them for you. They will simply be skins so you will have to have them fitted and placed on the boat at a dealer or upholstery shop.

What Bennetts was probably referencing is we only carry complete skins for 7-8 years and then we stop. Complete skins means the side panels or the seats are delivered ready to install in your boat; in other words no assembly required. That is what Bennetts was probably telling you was no longer available and in that regard they are right.

Hopefully that is as clear as mud. Regardless, you can order the skins and have a great fall project to work on!

-J
Sorry, I am still unclear as to the availability of "skins" for an 87' MC. If you keep "complete" skins for 7-8 years,( meaning the material is fitted for the seat and side panels ) then there are not "complete skins" available for BriEOD's 87'.

Are you saying you keep "skin material" available for longer then 7-8 years, and this material is available for an 87'. I have an 84 S&S and have been told no material is available at all, matching trim colors or not. I would be perfectly happy with the approximate material in anything close to my Grey with Blue trim, and have it "fitted" by an upholestry shop. If this is what you mean, my dealer is certainly not aware of it.

If I misunderstood, please help. If Not, Please help me get in touch with a dealer who I can order the " Skin Material" from

Thanks as always in advance

BriEOD
08-04-2005, 05:53 PM
Try Bennetts or Rambo. They both told me they could do it.

woodskier
08-08-2005, 10:16 AM
Thanks, Do you have any contact info for Bennetts or Rambo's?

Tom Wortham
08-08-2005, 11:32 AM
Thanks, Do you have any contact info for Bennetts or Rambo's?

Not sure about Rambo's.. Bennetts = 800-869-7297 ask for Ben Estaban. He fixed me up last December. Good Luck