PDA

View Full Version : Prostar 205

stevo137
07-24-2004, 05:45 PM
A guy that looked at my boat is looking for a 93-94 range 205 red or blue. He lives in my area so I told him I would help him look. My local dealer had a very clean red and white one but it sold even before they listed it. He has found a very clean 94 but it is the blue with pink color scheme and he wasn't crazy about it but could get a good deal on it. Said it had under 200 hrs on it. What do you guys think about that color scheme for resale and do you know of anything out there that is close to this? Thanks in advance.

east tx skier
07-25-2004, 11:09 AM
I hear the red ones have a better slalom wake than the blue and pink ones. :uglyhamme And to think I had the audacity to compare a 205 to another 205. :eek:

I remember emailing MarkP about a pinkish 205 and he passed on it based on the color alone. These boats aren't cheap, so if you're going to fork over the d'oh, it ought to be exactly what you want.

200 hours on a ten year old boat? Wow, that's not a ton of use? Of course, if they babied it and have the records, so much the better I guess.

And let's not forget, it's fuel injected.

captkidd
07-26-2004, 03:51 PM
It's not pink, it's fuschia! Sorry, I'm just sensitive.

stevo137
07-28-2004, 08:56 PM
Capt,
I was just going by what he told me. If it looks like yours, I would say he should buy it. Do you have any more pics posted? It sounds like he could get a really great deal on it.

east tx skier
07-29-2004, 10:36 AM
Yeah, I wasn't doggin' on el capitan's color scheme. The spirit of that post was, get what you like the first time. These things are expensive afterall.