PDA

View Full Version : Rebel designs underwater LED's?

MachinedConcepts
09-16-2011, 12:19 AM
Does anyone know anything about these guys? Looks great on paper, but wondering if anyone has had experience with these.

http://rebel-designs.com/index.html

jvbaca
09-16-2011, 11:18 AM
Been looking at these myself and wondered the same thing, hopefully you get some responses. Might try some of the other wakeboard boating forums......

MachinedConcepts
09-16-2011, 11:43 AM
I know that MC runs the abyss lights from the factory, but IMO they are stupid overpriced. Especially since I've seen some with burned out LED's.. makes me think they don't have a thermal protection circuit that the Rebel guys talk about.

atthelake
09-16-2011, 12:02 PM
Is there any reason that a person couldn't mount these style of lights to a bracket that in turn can be screwed into the drain. Take the ease of the LiquidLite install w/ the brightness of these ones. 5680 Lumens is huge.
Aragabachi , how'd you make out w/ your install?

MachinedConcepts
09-16-2011, 01:49 PM
actually yes, 5600 lumens is huge... given where other peoples lumen ratings are at too, it makes me wonder just how exactly they are measuring the intensity, and if its an apples to apples kinda rating or what...

you probably could install via the drain plug, but its so easy to install through the hull, I wouldn't even bother with anything else.

jungleb0y
10-08-2011, 01:39 AM
Hey there Machined, sorry it took me so long to find your post here but better late then never I think...

The 5680 lumens is measured in lumens squared which is 12" in front of the light. When you put them inside a sphere they measure just over 800 fixture lumens in blue and the whites are around 900 fixture lumens. They are comparable to the Ocean Led A12 Classic (black housing) light that they started out with.

The AR12's are on sale right now for $200 per light, $55 off the current price.

If you have any questions just shoot me a message or post on here as I'll try to monitor the site in the future.

actually yes, 5600 lumens is huge... given where other peoples lumen ratings are at too, it makes me wonder just how exactly they are measuring the intensity, and if its an apples to apples kinda rating or what...

you probably could install via the drain plug, but its so easy to install through the hull, I wouldn't even bother with anything else.

agarabaghi
10-10-2011, 09:40 AM
I went with the liquid lite install. It was super easy once we figured out the brass drain hole size haha...

The light is pretty bright, rated at 860lumens for the white.

It's hard to capture a picture of the light with a crappy iphone camera, so I didnt bother as it didnt do it justice. In out lake which has a mud bottom, the light shoots a nice sphere behind the swim platform maybe 8 - 10ft out. It looks really cool while floating, and then it really lights up the wave at 10mph. When you go fast you can see it reflecting off the rooster tail. Overall I am very happy with the light, and ease of install.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=43981