PDA

View Full Version : Burn due to water-skis on fire, initial encounter

_fng_
09-13-2011, 10:45 PM
Next time you guys hurt yourself out on the water the medical diagnosis codes are going to be much more accurate. Here is an article from WSJ that covers the new codes (140,000+). There are a ton of ridiculous codes in there. Nothing like overkill to waste time.

http://graphicsweb.wsj.com/documents/MEDICALCODES0911/#term=Water-skis

rholmes
09-14-2011, 01:59 AM
Yep, they want to run our health care system..... wow....

CantRepeat
09-14-2011, 06:34 AM
wow, that's pretty lame right there.

V9027XA

Drowning and submersion due to falling or jumping from burning water-skis, initial encounter

If your skis were on fire you'd jump too!

Table Rocker
09-14-2011, 08:58 AM
I hate it when my water-skis catch on fire!

tommcat
09-14-2011, 09:09 AM
how do you get washed overboard by waterskis?

scott023
09-14-2011, 10:08 AM
Wow. That's beyond ridiculous.

JBrew
09-14-2011, 10:34 AM
haha heard this story on NPR... some of the medical codes are carzy!

david_ski
09-15-2011, 01:09 AM
You mean that this can happen more than once??
Drowning and submersion due to falling or jumping from burning water-skis, subsequent encounter.

I know that water skiing is an addictive sport, but ....

Is this drowning a second time? or is this a subsequent encounter of having jump from burning water-skis? That person has really bad luck.

this brings a whole new meaning to 'burning up the course', and 'you are on fire today'.

soacj
09-15-2011, 06:57 AM
Apparently "water-ski" is synonymous with pwc...

hondaprlud
09-15-2011, 10:16 AM
How many people on here have had water-skis burn or known anyone to have water-skis burn?

Anyone?

thatsmrmastercraft
09-15-2011, 12:25 PM
Not that I can remember.....:rolleyes:

tommcat
09-15-2011, 01:03 PM
now i am tempted to set mine on fire the next time out and see how it turns out. at least if it goes badly the ER will already have it in the system, i can just give them the code when i get out of the ambulance

LYNRDSKYNRD
09-15-2011, 01:37 PM
now i am tempted to set mine on fire the next time out and see how it turns out. at least if it goes badly the ER will already have it in the system, i can just give them the code when i get out of the ambulance

Don't forget to video tape it so we can make a PSA alerting skiers of the dangers of

"Spotaneous Ski Combustion"

Kyle
09-15-2011, 01:42 PM
The DRG list also has the max amount of time someone can receive healthcare at a hospital for each code. Once the time limit is up your done. The sad thing is that hospitals send people home early to generate more profits.

Example someone 65+ yrs old gets admitted to the hospital and had a quadruple bypass. Say the code calls for 12 days in the hospital. The patient stays for 6 days and sent home day 7.

The hospital gets paid for the full 12 days not the time the patient stays. Then another patient comes in and stays for 6 days and the hospital gets paid for 12.

This is a huge scam. The healthcare and government have come up with a Chilton manual for people.

Imagine a service advisor saying sir your car will take us 8 hours to fix your a/c when the mechanic really fixes it in less than 2. Yes I used to be a mechanic. Now I'm in insurance and see how Medicare and patients both are getting scammed.

tommcat
09-15-2011, 02:09 PM
i missed that part, what is the max amount of care i can receive after my skis catch on fire?

tommcat
09-15-2011, 02:12 PM
Imagine a service advisor saying sir your car will take us 8 hours to fix your a/c when the mechanic really fixes it in less than 2. Yes I used to be a mechanic. Now I'm in insurance and see how Medicare and patients both are getting scammed.not quite the same thing because if your a/c takes 4 hours but the book says 2 then the mechanic still only gets paid 2. at no time ever will the insurance or doctor take a hit like that.

thatsmrmastercraft
09-15-2011, 02:14 PM
The DRG list also has the max amount of time someone can receive healthcare at a hospital for each code. Once the time limit is up your done. The sad thing is that hospitals send people home early to generate more profits.

Example someone 65+ yrs old gets admitted to the hospital and had a quadruple bypass. Say the code calls for 12 days in the hospital. The patient stays for 6 days and sent home day 7.

The hospital gets paid for the full 12 days not the time the patient stays. Then another patient comes in and stays for 6 days and the hospital gets paid for 12.

This is a huge scam. The healthcare and government have come up with a Chilton manual for people.

Imagine a service advisor saying sir your car will take us 8 hours to fix your a/c when the mechanic really fixes it in less than 2. Yes I used to be a mechanic. Now I'm in insurance and see how Medicare and patients both are getting scammed.

As a former mechanic who lived by book time at a few different Ford Dealerships, I find this very enlightening.

tommcat
09-15-2011, 02:23 PM
As a former mechanic who lived by book time at a few different Ford Dealerships.

no sh!t? me too, except i'm still here:mad:

thatsmrmastercraft
09-15-2011, 02:47 PM
no sh!t? me too, except i'm still here:mad:

I'm happily running my own wholesale tire and wheel operation. :)

tommcat
09-15-2011, 03:32 PM
I'm happily running my own wholesale tire and wheel operation. :)

i wish i was doing something happily:rolleyes:

Table Rocker
09-16-2011, 11:42 AM
How many people on here have had water-skis burn or known anyone to have water-skis burn?

Anyone?Well, there is an HO Burner ski.