PDA

View Full Version : Oil hose size...

agarabaghi
09-12-2011, 11:54 AM
This forum really sucks now that the mods move all the posts to their "right" location, where no one checks.

Does anyone know the size of the oil drain hose?

Im thinking of replacing my garboard plug to a standard 1/2 npt plug, so i dont have to modify the liquid led light. Im just worried that the smaller hose will not fit the oil drain hose.

tommcat
09-12-2011, 11:59 AM
This forum really sucks now that the mods move all the posts to their "right" location, where no one checks.

no, you're wrong. it's the greatest thing ever, they told me so;)

agarabaghi
09-12-2011, 12:01 PM
lol...from looking on ski dim, it looks like the oil hose might be 1/2" which could be an issue with the 1/2in garboard plug.

I wonder if the hose will reach the middle plug hole...

CantRepeat
09-12-2011, 12:03 PM

Does anyone know the size of the oil drain hose?

Im thinking of replacing my garboard plug to a standard 1/2 npt plug, so i dont have to modify the liquid led light. Im just worried that the smaller hose will not fit the oil drain hose.

Well, if you put them in the "right" location they would not be moved now would they? 8p

agarabaghi
09-12-2011, 01:47 PM
nor would they get looked at ;)

thatsmrmastercraft
09-12-2011, 02:10 PM
Well, if you put them in the "right" location they would not be moved now would they? 8p

Some of the newbs who have problems with posting and locations is understandable. Once you reach a few hundred posts you should have things figured out and be proficient......................unless , of course, the majority of your posts are whining:rant: and crying :cry:about location and not about learning and being a productive member. Just sayin":rolleyes:

tommcat
09-12-2011, 02:12 PM
Some of the newbs who have problems with posting and locations is understandable. Once you reach a few hundred posts you should have things figured out and be proficient......................unless , of course, the majority of your posts are whining:rant: and crying :cry:about location and not about learning and being a productive member. Just sayin":rolleyes:

you can lump me in the unproductive group i guess:(

agarabaghi
09-12-2011, 02:19 PM
and even when its in the "right" place still no answers. This forum went from full of helpful information to barely any threads being responded.

So does anyone know if the oil drain hose on the V-drives will reach the middle bilge plug?

thatsmrmastercraft
09-12-2011, 02:22 PM
and even when its in the "right" place still no answers. This forum went from full of helpful information to barely any threads being responded.

So does anyone know if the oil drain hose on the V-drives will reach the middle bilge plug?

Realize that people are spending a lot of time on the water right now, and that there is a seasonal fluctuation of participation on here, just as there are different days of the week that there is is more (and less) forum traffic.

davidstan
09-12-2011, 02:30 PM

So does anyone know if the oil drain hose on the V-drives will reach the middle bilge plug?i just changed my oil and no it does not reach but easily reaches aft drain hole.

agarabaghi
09-12-2011, 02:37 PM
right, im just wondering if i switch the garboard plug (rear) to 1/2 npt it wont be big enough for the drain hose

CantRepeat
09-12-2011, 04:08 PM
you can lump me in the unproductive group i guess:(

Ok, you've been lumped! :D:D Now I need a smoke. hahah

tommcat
09-12-2011, 04:17 PM
Ok, you've been lumped! :D:D Now I need a smoke. hahah

totally uncalled for8p8p

Moosecrackers
09-12-2011, 04:27 PM
The brass fitting on the end of my drain hose (on the boat) is 11/16" dia at its largest point. The drain hose itself is is a little over 9/16" dia.

And, no, the drain hose will not reach the center hole on my boat.

agarabaghi
09-12-2011, 04:29 PM
that makes sense as midwest mastercraft told me the plugs on the MC was 1"...