PDA

View Full Version : 190 Rear Seat

korn84
09-11-2011, 08:24 PM
Anyonw know where I can purchase the rear bench seat structure only, mine is sagging a bit?

BrianM
09-12-2011, 10:58 AM
Marine salvage yard but that is going to be a needle in a haystack. Best off just to rebuild the base yourself. You can use either marine plywood or some HDPE. Just use your current one as a template and cut out a new one. Use your existing foam an upholstery. Simple project. Your current one is a honeycomb aluminum that was known for the sag since it wasn't really ridged enough for that span.

swardco
09-12-2011, 12:08 PM
This thread made me chuckle as I thought of the plastic wrapped rear seat of my 1991 190, sitting in the rafters in my garage. Since I don't think it has ever been in the boat, it is in really good shape. :-)

Table Rocker
09-12-2011, 12:21 PM
Anyonw know where I can purchase the rear bench seat structure only, mine is sagging a bit?Mine was sagging from being bent on the ends, but was straight everywhere else. I bought a white PVC square fencepost (about 5" x 5"), cut two 18" or so sections, put some velcro hooks on one side to hold it in place on the carpet and put one at each end of the bench. It worked great. I intended for it to be temporary, but it works so well and is barely noticeable that I doubt I change it.

lazerhawk
09-14-2011, 12:48 AM
You'll need 1) 4X8 sheet of 1/2" plywood, 1) bottle Titebond wood glue, and a pack of stainless staples - 3/8 or 1/2" work - to reinstall the vinyl.

Cut the plywood in half. Temporarily screw the 2 halves together with a couple short drywall screws. Trace the original seat base. Cut it out with a jigsaw. Remove the screws and glue the 2 halves together. If you're an overachiever cover it with a layer of fiberglass, but it'll be plenty strong without and probably last a decade or so if you keep you boat relatively dry. Start in the middle and re-staple the vinyl.