PDA

View Full Version : Remote Autostart W/Smartphone control

thatsmrmastercraft
09-08-2011, 10:22 PM
Anyone have a remote starter for their tuck with smartphone control? I am shopping for a remote start for my truck. My new home security system is cell based and I can control it with my HTC EVO and like the convenience.

ShawnB
09-08-2011, 11:45 PM
I have a compustar with the drone mobile add-on. Works great and they were even able to get it to work with my manual transmission. It's amazing.

http://www.compustar.com/products/pro/RF-P2W901-SS.html
http://www.dronemobile.com/

thatsmrmastercraft
09-09-2011, 12:08 AM
Looks like a great system.

nauti-dreamer
09-09-2011, 12:12 AM
That it awesome (dronemobile). Only wish I had acted on my 'bright idea' sooner! I could've made millions! $$$$

timvan
09-09-2011, 07:51 AM
That it awesome (dronemobile). Only wish I had acted on my 'bright idea' sooner! I could've made millions! $$$$

I have the option of adding this to my Viper alarm in my truck... Ive never needed to start my truck from another state....whats the benifit of it?

1redTA
09-09-2011, 09:28 AM
I have the onstart app for my wife's 2010 Impala besides unlocking and starting it shows air pressure, oil life, mileage and fuel level

thatsmrmastercraft
09-09-2011, 10:57 AM
I have the option of adding this to my Viper alarm in my truck... Ive never needed to start my truck from another state....whats the benifit of it?

In the cold MN winters, there are plenty of nights (and some days) where I need to start and warm up the truck. A phone app would give unlimited range where sometimes the remote w/feedback can get too much interference to work well.

Thrall
09-09-2011, 08:16 PM
In the cold MN winters, there are plenty of nights (and some days) where I need to start and warm up the truck. A phone app would give unlimited range where sometimes the remote w/feedback can get too much interference to work well.

Maybe not from another state, but could be hnady on those cold nights from the bathroom in the bar, out to the far end of the parking lot!

thatsmrmastercraft
09-10-2011, 03:50 PM
Maybe not from another state, but could be hnady on those cold nights from the bathroom in the bar, out to the far end of the parking lot!

Not sure about you, but I make a practice of never using my phone in a bathroom.........especially a public one. Just sayin':rolleyes::D

CantRepeat
09-10-2011, 04:10 PM
Take a look at the autopage C3 RS 1000. I've got one on my suburban but never activated the C3 feature.